i had stayed over at this resort over the past wkend for 2 nights.
firstly, i called the resort before going to langkawi to made a request to see if they can provide any room deco or just a simple cake for my girlfriend's birthday as we will be going there this weekend to celebrate. i was then directed to reservations department. the staff told me that "no, nothing can be provided and everything i have to pay."
secondly, when we checked in, the time supposed for us to do so was 3pm. we reached the resort early at 2.35pm and decided to check in early and wait for the keys to be handed to us. when it was 3pm, we went over to check and was told room was not ready. waited another 15mins and was still told room was not ready. was quite frustrated as we were tired and wanted to rest so i asked when would my room be ready and the reply given was "some works are going on in the room and it would not be ready in 1 or 2 hours" i was like OMG? so if i did not approach to ask my room whether it was ready, then i would be continuing to wait like a fool?
asked for another room and was given that was quite far from the lobby. poor service.
third, went to the room and the smell was horrible, sink n bathtub was not really clean and no amenities was provided like toothbrush and toothpaste. some tiles was also sticking out at e side of e bathtub n was brownish in color. other room amenities was also not replaced such as shampoo and bath foam when room was cleaned up.
location wise was okay as it was close to cenang beach.
breakfast was so so.
im not going to to back to this terrible place.
are all these the standard that resort world is providing? if so, i am greatly disappointed.
- Also Known As:
- Awana Porto Malai Langkawi Hotel Langkawi
- Awana Porto Malai Langkawi Hotel
- Awana Porto Malai Hotel Langkawi
- Awana Porto Malai
- Awana Porto Malai Langkawi
- Langkawi Awana Porto Malai
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Mediterranean-inspired marina and resort, located in a secluded corner of the famous Pantai Cenang on Langkawi Island, is just 15 minutes from Langkawi Airport. Peaceful and relaxing, the resort has finely furnished rooms and boasts spectacular and unobstructed views of the ocean, the surrounding islands, the gorgeous sunrise, or the well-manicured garden. Enjoy the convenience of our private jetty for activities like island hopping, private boat rides, sunset cruises and fishing. Intimate dining and walks along the boardwalk, or pampering at the recognized 5-star Javanese spa (Taman Sari Royal Heritage Spa), are great options for couples. Best of all, the resort is a mere 10 minutes from Pantai Cenang proper and other duty-free shopping venues! Along with excellent on-site eateries and facilities, idyllic Awana Porto Malai Langkawi is perfect for travellers who appreciate scenery and romance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Tingo, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, AsiaRooms, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Resorts World Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.