After reading a lot of recent negative review, I am already looking to book for other hotel. And yet, we checked ourselves for the 5th time, this time with my 3 year old son.
Check-in took about 20mins, with all the 3 staff at the front counter choosing to serve foreign guest, instead of me with a toddler. I wasn't too happy, but I was checked into a room with 2 queen bed. This time to the right side of the hotel, instead of the usual left wing closer to the "Eagle Rock".
The room itself is clean. Can see it has a new coat of paint. Bed is not too bed, thou 1 of it is squeaky. But that is my son's favorite "jumping bed". He loves that squeaky sound -_- Loves the plump pillows too.
The swimming pool is a hit with my son. Only complain is that there is too much sand in the kid's pool. My son had some fine scratches after playing. Warm towel is provided, just need to collect at the counter.
Daily breakfast is not too bad. Selection is rather wide, still as before during my last stay in 2009. The chef himself made his round and talk to us, which is a nice touch. If you would like to have soft-boiled egg, you need to order from the staff. It is not on "display".
The super downside. During the last night stay and the last morning, they "parked" the lift. Meaning I need to walk all the way up to level 3 carrying my sleeping 3 years old. And then my husband had to lug the 20kg luggage all the way down to Ground floor for check out. I hope the elderly are treated better.
Overall, can see some improvement from my last stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Mediterranean-inspired marina and resort, located in a secluded end of the famous Pantai Cenang & Pantai Tengah on Langkawi Island, is just 15 minutes from Langkawi International Airport. Peaceful and relaxing, the resort has finely furnished rooms and boasts spectacular and unobstructed views of the ocean, the surrounding islands including the Pregnant Maiden Island, the gorgeous sunrise, or the well-manicured natural garden. Enjoy the convenience of our private jetty for activities like island hopping, private boat rides, sunset cruises and fishing. Intimate dining and walks along the boardwalk, or pampering at the recognized 5-star Javanese spa (Taman Sari Royal Heritage Spa), are great options for couples. Best of all, the resort is a mere 10 minutes from Pantai Cenang beach and other duty-free shopping venues! Along with excellent on-site eateries and facilities, idyllic Resorts World Langkawi is perfect for travelers who appreciate scenery and romance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Resorts World Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Awana Porto Malai Langkawi Hotel Langkawi
- Awana Porto Malai Hotel Langkawi
- Langkawi Awana Porto Malai