Resorts World Langkawi,formerly known as Awana Porto Malai, wil be very busy during LIMA but during the normal season it is quite quiet. Me and my wife stayed for a night as to evaluate the hotel itself. I am not so sure whether the word RESORTS really suits the hotel itself. When we arrived we have to carry our own baggage but maybe the bell boy was it bit busy so it is excusable
At the reception there were one very senior staff and another very young one. It was quite a long queue and only both of them were handling the situation.
The room that we checked in is facing the sea..not the beach as this is a no beach resort.Anyway the view is fantastic.I would suggest to everyone not to check in a hill view room as there is nothing to view except a huge open car park.
The swimming pool is okay ..at least something to do at the hotel..
Breakfast menu is much better compare to another hotel with I did mentioned before with more choices.If we want to enjoy the beach , the resort will provide us a boat ride for free to an island which is infront of the resort itself. But of course I would suggest to go in a group. Either wise you will feel so lonely on the small rock island but at least the resort management does have the initiative to provide the service.
Overall I may say that the resort is okay to be stayed but you must have a full activities within the Langkawi Island itself such as Island Hopping, cable car or anything unless you really dont want to do anything but relaxing on the bench enjoying the sea view.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Mediterranean-inspired marina and resort, located in a secluded end of the famous Pantai Cenang & Pantai Tengah on Langkawi Island, is just 15 minutes from Langkawi International Airport. Peaceful and relaxing, the resort has finely furnished rooms and boasts spectacular and unobstructed views of the ocean, the surrounding islands including the Pregnant Maiden Island, the gorgeous sunrise, or the well-manicured natural garden. Enjoy the convenience of our private jetty for activities like island hopping, private boat rides, sunset cruises and fishing. Intimate dining and walks along the boardwalk, or pampering at the recognized 5-star Javanese spa (Taman Sari Royal Heritage Spa), are great options for couples. Best of all, the resort is a mere 10 minutes from Pantai Cenang beach and other duty-free shopping venues! Along with excellent on-site eateries and facilities, idyllic Resorts World Langkawi is perfect for travelers who appreciate scenery and romance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, AsiaRooms, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Resorts World Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Awana Porto Malai Langkawi Hotel Langkawi
- Awana Porto Malai Hotel Langkawi
- Langkawi Awana Porto Malai