Our family (extended ones, too) have been celebrating Christmas in Langkawi for the past nine years; including several Hari Rayas, Deepavalis and LIMA Exihibitions. We have actually submitted our views and comments over the years regarding the state of the hotel but we do not see any improvement or any plans in the pipeline to improve this resort. I always reserved a minimum of three rooms, maximum six. The reasons we kept going back to Awana are:
a. my two children (now young adults) and their cousins loved it; the view, yachting, feeding the archer fishes, the pool, the location and the water adventure/sports hub.
b. the rest of us loved the view and location, the tranquility and the fabulous sea view from your own room balcony.
We won't be going back to Awana because:
a. we had to force them to change our rooms (all four of them, same floor) because of ants & roaches infestation;
b. stained (not properly cleaned) toilets and bath;
c. checking in took too long (short staffed)
d. checking out even longer; mistakes in billing;
e. wifi not working at all;
f. too many guests, too few staff and quite a few more complaints!
It's a very popular holiday destination, fully booked most of the time. I actually felt bad giving this review but this year was the last straw.
- Also Known As:
- Awana Porto Malai Langkawi Hotel Langkawi
- Awana Porto Malai Langkawi Hotel
- Awana Porto Malai Hotel Langkawi
- Awana Porto Malai
- Awana Porto Malai Langkawi
- Langkawi Awana Porto Malai
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Mediterranean-inspired marina and resort, located in a secluded corner of the famous Pantai Cenang on Langkawi Island, is just 15 minutes from Langkawi Airport. Peaceful and relaxing, the resort has finely furnished rooms and boasts spectacular and unobstructed views of the ocean, the surrounding islands, the gorgeous sunrise, or the well-manicured garden. Enjoy the convenience of our private jetty for activities like island hopping, private boat rides, sunset cruises and fishing. Intimate dining and walks along the boardwalk, or pampering at the recognized 5-star Javanese spa (Taman Sari Royal Heritage Spa), are great options for couples. Best of all, the resort is a mere 10 minutes from Pantai Cenang proper and other duty-free shopping venues! Along with excellent on-site eateries and facilities, idyllic Awana Porto Malai Langkawi is perfect for travellers who appreciate scenery and romance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Booking.com, AsiaRooms, Agoda, Venere, Olotels, EasyToBook, Priceline, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Resorts World Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.