We just left tanjung rhu after a magical week. We were there in the midst of major renovations but heard no noise and there was little disruption. The beach and surrounds are very beautiful and we never tired of looking out at the islands in the bay. The true heart of this resort lies in the staff who are professional, friendly, helpful and completely focused on ensuring guests are happy. We were there with our two children ( 8&5) and there were very few other children there but they were very happy with the pools and casing crabs on the beach.
I will mention some negatives which really didn't impact our beautiful time there but may be important to others. I think these may be well addressed once the renovations are complete.
1. Wifi was free but slow and limited to the room
2. A convenience store is desperately needed as it is a distance for any shops
3. Some pieces in our room were dated and tired
4. Small balconies
Now the big list of positives:
1. Big spacious rooms
2. Comfortable beds
3. Superb service from staff
4. Great breakfast
5. Beautiful food and not expensive for high level resort
6. Great beach with beautiful view
7. Peaceful, quiet, serene, not crowded
8. Lots of lovely small touches like chocolates and fresh fruit each day
Activities we enjoyed were batik painting at the artisan hut and a great mangrove tour with Zoher who was passionate and informative and fun.
Overall we would happily return and once renovations are complete, I think it will be a first class resort and certainly one of the best in langkawi.
Thank you to everyone at Tanjung Rhu for sharing such a magical part of Malaysia with my family.