“RELAX” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 98 Hotels in Langkawi
Almaty, Kazakhstan
“RELAX”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We've been there in January 2013. we liked the hotel very much. Food was delicious- 5 stars!
The staff was nice. Thanx to Manager Labazda Azzedine, who was very friendly and helpful.
The only dissapointed thing was that there were many mini lakes that didnt have barriers. it was not safe for my children 5 and 2 years old. They could fell down.
I hope administration will make area safe for kids.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
relaxLGK, General Manager at Tanjung Rhu Resort, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear assel k,
Warm Greetings and thank you for you kind review. I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed the Resort, the Food & the Service. Thank you also for the feedback regarding the water feature ponds at the Resort. We will look into this as well. I hope to see you once again when you return to Paradise!
Enzo Rulli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Korean first
Surrey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed for one night at this lovely resort whilst taking some pre-wedding photos. The grounds are amazing and this hotel has by far the best beach on langkawi with stunning rock formations occasionally accessible via a sandbar. Rooms are in blocks rather than indvidual villas which is a bit dissappointing and are rather dark and damp. Unfortunately we didn't have time to try out all the restaurants but we'll surely return and stay in a beach front room next time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
relaxLGK, General Manager at Tanjung Rhu Resort, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear The_loyal_traveller,
Thanks for your review and I hope that when you come back you will stay a little longer so that you may be able to enjoy the full experience here at Tanjung Rhu. Certainly a Sea View Room will be the best option and do try the All Inclusive Package to be able to fully sample the extensive restaurant and wonderful menu options. We all look forward to seeing again soon here in Paradise.
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We loved this resort. The in room check in was just what we needed with small children. We took the all inclusive deal, which included room service. Wonderful! After an active day our kids needed and early dinner (5pm) and to be put to bed so room service was a godsend. There is nothing worse than trying to wrangle tired children at a nice resturant, so this added bonus was extra relaxation for us. The room service attendant even set the little table for them just like a mini resturant. Once they were in bed, we were then free to sit back on our seaview balcony and enjoy the delectable desserts and cocktails which were brought to our room. Our son had an accident in the pool where he split his lip open (his fault) and the staff response was excellent, first aid trained staff attended to him and the lovely hotel driver took us immediately to the clinic to have his lip glued back together. Thank you Tanjung Rhu for making the event as smooth as possible. The scenery was indeed beautiful and the grounds exceptional. I ended up having my own private yoga class (no other guests turned up). The yoga instructor was fantastic and I throughly enjoyed my class. I would like to see a stand up paddle board added to the watersports equiptment. I would have loved paddling in the bay but I do understand that these type of watersports are not popular in Malaysia. We will return and hope Tanjung Rhu doesn't change too much!

Room Tip: The beachfront rooms are a must!
Dear TLWE,
It was lovely to see your review and thank you so much for the kind words. It was nice to meet you briefly whilst you were here and I am so pleased that everything was as you expected and that you had such an excellent stay together with the family. I trust your son has recovered well from the little misadventure and I was pleased to know that you were looked after so well after the incident.
The All Inclusive option really is great value, especially for families like yours and I am happy to know that you and the children all enjoyed being pampered at meals time. You can be assured that all the important things will not change here at Tanjung Rhu and will remain as they have for the past 19 years. We will however try hard to provide even better service so we can achieve our goal to be Number 1 in Asia. So, please come back soon and we will look after and pamper you all over again here at your second Home in Paradise!
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 5 nights after reading so many positive remarks about this hotel in trip advisor.
Check in was very fast & seamless. I am very impress.
Staffs are very helpful & friendly & one of the staff even team up with my son for a table soccer with me. That is very nice of the staff.
As hotel is in the mid of renovation, they are very thoughtful to organise complimentary city tour for the guess. It's a very nice gesture from the hotel.
Foods in this hotel is very good & up to standard and we end up having most of our meals in the hotel.
Awesome beach that keep the wife & kid very happy.
One area that need improvement is the room. Since renovation is underway, I believe once renovation is completed, it should make stay at this hotel even a wonderful experience.

Overall experience is great. I am very happy that the family enjoy their stays here.

See you again when you have completed yr renovation!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
relaxLGK, General Manager at Tanjung Rhu Resort, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear Garysoon68,
Thank you for the wonderful review and it is very good to know that overall you had a great stay with us. It was pleasing to see that the whole family was able to enjoy their time here and we look forward to welcoming you back Home to Paradise soon - the new rooms will be rolling out progressively from August onwards so please feel free to contact us at any time so we can advise you on the dates you may have in mind.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We booked an Anjung Seaview suite based on the photos on the hotel website and were rather disappointed when we were shown to a suite that would not have been out of place in Las Vegas - which we fondly referred to as the Elvis Presley suite. Aside from the overly decorated room, our stay at TR was extremely pleasant. The location is lovely and peaceful and due to the imminent closure of the resort for a major overhaul there were very few guests which meant we often had the 50 metre pool to ourselves. We did the mangrove tour from the hotel which is a little more expensive than some of the local tour operators however it was excellent and extremely informative and highly recommended. The Asian meals were outstanding........and the fish curry was sublime. We participated in two cooking classes where we fortuitously learned the art of cooking the delicious Malaysian fish curry.........we look forward to sharing this with our friends in the not too distant future. Congratulations to Enzo and your team of dedicated and thoughtful staff .........,you certainly made our stay at TR an extremely pleasant one.....good luck with the renovation and if we return to Langkawi TR will be top of our list of places to stay......

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room - the views of the Andaman Sea are outstanding
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ContentedTraveller51,
Wonderful to see your review and it was great to meet you both while you were here in Paradise (…or was that Vegas!) Thanks for the feedback (he he he!) and you will be happy to know that immediately after you checked out last week we dismantled that room (the only room that looked like that by the way!) and it is undergoing major surgery and will be completely refitted into classic Tanjung Rhu style. So the next time you come here it will be "Viva La Rhu" for sure! It was lovely to read your feedback and thank you for the many kind words. We also enjoyed the song sessions by the Pool (Stephen is very talented) and we look forward to more jamming the next time you join us here. Most of all it was great to know that you had enjoyed your stay with us and we all look forward to welcoming you Back Home when next you come back to see us here in Paradise!
Broken Hill, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I spent a considerable amount of time researching the best hotel for our stop over in Langkawi en route to Australia. Travelling with my wife and two kids aged 6 and 5. Things got off to a good starte after I emailed the resort in advance and received prompt and efficient replies to all my queries. We booked a first floor Bayu Senja room on their all inclusive package and so glad we did (more later).

After almost 24 hours of travelling, we were met at the airport by staff from the hotel and promptly transferred into a lovely air conditioned car for the 25 min trip to the hotel. Given cool towels and iced water and plenty of information about Langkawi and the resort. On arrival, checked in in our room by a lovely female member of staff. Room (803) was fabulous. Views to the gorgeous beach and Andaman Sea from one balcony and to the lagoon pool from the other. More cool towels on offer. We ordered some food from the extensive (and mouth watering) room menu (all included in our deal) and then fell asleep for a few hours. We were invited to drinks with the manager but on waking the kids just wanted to go for a swim so sorry we missed this. Perhaps would be better to offer this the night after arrival to allow those of us travelling long distance a chance to clear the jet lag? Resort facilities were universally first class - being a family, we used the sunset pool most of all with its easy access to the fantastic beach. Extremely well looked after by Caren at the pool bar who served us our food and drink every day. Weather was hot, humid and sunny every day we were there although we were informed that rain can fall at any time. Most of the time it felt like you were the only people staying at the resort. The phenomenal private beach is deserted and the hotel security staff ensure no non residents gain access.

At night we ate in both the Sands restaurant and the Saffron (Mediterranean) restaurant. The former was used for breakfast as well. Could not fault the food and drinks at all. Huge selection of fresh local fruits on offer and the seafood options in particular were delicious. We stayed with soft drinks most of the time but the wine list was very good and not too expensive really given the offerings available. We used the in room dining a few times (nice to have some fresh fruit juices first thing in the morning) and the kids had a lovely meal on our balcony one night. Managed the walk on the sand bar before we left too. I found the free wifi around the resort to be generally good and reliable. There is building work going on but you really don't notice it. Our children used the kids club and really enjoyed it. At 11am they can feed the fish in the pools by the reading room (free fish food from the reading room bar). Look out for the huge monitor lizard who lives under the bridge! There's a small shop if you need additional sunscreen or a hat/bucket and spade etc. Check out is 12pm but if like us your flight is a bit later you can continue to use the facilities (and food) until you leave. There are showers and lockers available in the nearby gym so you can keep swimming right up til you leave. The staff who transferred us back to the airport really went the extra mile. We wanted our luggage wrapped for our trip to Sydney (highly recommended - only 10RM per bag) and then helped with this and our check in.

I guess this summed up the best part of the whole experience - the resort staff. Everyone without exception was genuinely happy at their work and this reflected on the guest experience. Nothing, but nothing, was too much trouble but at the same time the service was not "in your face" as we have experienced at other top class resorts. The resort and staff accommodated our jet lagged children with humour and more smiles which made our holiday so much more enjoyable too. A real credit to the management team for creating and maintaining such a wonderful team of staff. Really can't recommend Tanjung Rhu highly enough. We had a fabulous time and I hope we are able to visit again from Australia at some point in the future.

Room Tip: first floor room - go for the all inclusive option.
Dear DML,
It was great to read your review and to know that you had such a nice time with us here at Tanjung Rhu! It is always challenging travelling long distances with children and we know how important it is to get them, and their weary parents, settled and happy after the long flight. I am pleased that this all came together so well for you and the family. It is usually the little things that mean a lot and I am very happy that we were able to go the extra mile to make the overall experience one that was memorable and fabulous for you. I hope that you will be able to come and see us from time to time now that you are based in Australia and it will be a privilege for us, your Tanjung Rhu Family, to welcome you all Back Home to Paradise when you do!
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have just returned from a short one-night stay (this is my second visit to TRR) and it was fantastic. Service was great the last time I stayed and this time around, it improved and had gotten even better. A small token (chocolates) was given in the evening and turndown service was offered, I was given a chocolate cake with 'welcome back' written on it (together with a fruit basket), check-in was conveniently done in the room itself (with a pleasing traditional herbal aromatherapy to welcome the weary traveller to his/her room), and I got all the peaceful time that I needed there, walking along the beautiful beach and its postcard-perfect view, and taking as many pictures as possible. Was hoping for the sandbar to open up its pathway all the way to the islands but I guessed that the low tide wasn't low enough for that to happen this time. All staff gave excellent service but special mention to the Assistant Manager on duty when I checked in (a lady - didn't catch the name), Jamal, Fakrul, Saufi and Fuad. Although it was just a one-night stay, it was totally worth it and I am already planning to go there again soon -- hopefully for a few nights in the next visit. Renovations were in progress but they were handled in a professional, discreet manner and you could hardly hear any discordant noise (except for the rare tap or two). Well done TRR and keep it up!

Room Tip: Bayu Senja for sea view...otherwise, if you don't mind the garden view, you can take the other r...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
relaxLGK, General Manager at Tanjung Rhu Resort, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear TaramsalataPJ,
Firstly, thank you for coming back to stay with us once again. Secondly, thank you for writing such a lovely review. I was so pleased to know that you had such an exceptional return stay and that you had the chance to enjoy the peace and serenity that is, Tanjung Rhu! All the Team here will be happy to know that you had another great stay and I am sure that Jamal, Fakrul, Saufi and Fuad will be especially excited to be recognized by you here on Trip Advisor. We all look forward to seeing you again soon when you come Back Home to Paradise.
Enzo Rulli

Been to Tanjung Rhu Resort? Share your experiences!