“Beautiful and Clean Sandy Beach & Friendly staffs” 4 of 5 stars

Tanjung Rhu Resort
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Mukim Ayer Hangat, Langkawi 07000, Malaysia   |
Ranked #6 of 98 hotels in Langkawi
Georgetown, Malaysia
“Beautiful and Clean Sandy Beach & Friendly staffs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

The Tanjung Rhu has probably the best beach in Langkawi. The room is spacious. The staffs are well trained and very friendly.

The draw back is that it is currently undergoing some renovation works and it is a little bit noisy at certain places of the hotel.

The spa price is on the high side (about RM280 for an hour massage) for a local tourist.

Nevertheless, I will be keen to come back again in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
relaxLGK, General Manager at Tanjung Rhu Resort, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear 298303Sam2525,
Thank you for your very kind review and I am so pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us here at Tanjung Rhu! Just to advise that we do have a number of specials on most of the time in our Jivarhu Wellness Retreat that are priced well below the RM280 level. For example we have a 1 hour massage treatment package at the moment at RM199 and a 90 minute treatment at RM250. Many of our normal menu items are also being offered at 25% off. I am sorry that these were not obvious to you during your stay as we find that our treatments are of a very high standard and are very well priced compared to many other Resorts on the island. I hope that you will be able to experience these when you next return to see us here in Paradise!

840 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This is a review I meant to write a long time ago. My stay was 2 years ago now but I remember every detail perfectly. I was recommended to visit Tanjung Rhu by a fellow Canadian. I had just a few days to spare following a trip to Singapore. If you have only one night or a hundred nights - this resort is worth the trip. The location will leave you speechless, the food is of the best in the world and the staff is friendly and generous.

Room Tip: I was five flights up but the view was amazing over the beach. Totally worth it. I had a palace!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
relaxLGK, General Manager at Tanjung Rhu Resort, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear PBdining,

It was great to read your review even 2 years after you stayed with us. I am so pleased that you had a wonderful time and I was ecstatic to hear you think aspects of our resort are in the “best in the world” class. I hope you will be able to come and stay with us a little longer next time and let us pamper you all over again, Tanjung Rhu Style, here in Paradise!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife stayed here for 4 days for an overdue honeymoon and we felt very sad leaving yesterday :( The overall service was by far the best I have ever encountered. I don't think the word 'no' existed in the staff's vocabulary. Anything we asked for they would bend over backwards to fulfil it with a huge smile. When they found out my wife was 4 months pregnant they tailored their service to her. A huge thank you to Daniel, Caren, Wulan and Samberi. These guys were so lovely I wanted to take them home with me. Not forgetting Enzo the general manager who politely took the time to chat to the guests.

As for the location of the resort, it was utterly beautiful and quiet. A perfect place to stay for relaxation and as for the building works, we could not even hear them. The Mangrove tour with Fendi, the man who knew everything there is to know about the natural world, was a great experience. Again he was such a gentleman.

The rooms were slightly dated but I still loved the whole layout. Looking forward to seeing what the refurbishments produce.

Usually when I go on holiday somewhere I tend not to return. But with the Tanjung Rhu Resort I look forward to bringing the whole family there next year. A truly wonderful place I cannot wait to see again!

Yousif

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Yousif,

Absolutely wonderful to hear from you again here on Trip Advisor and I am so please to read your very kind review. It is great to read feedback like yours because it tells us that we are on the right track towards achieving our Vision of being the Best! It was lovely to meet you and your wife and we wish you all the best for the birth of your first child.

Daniel, Caren, Wulan, Samberi, Fendi and all the Team here are so please to be recognised by you and we are all looking forward to seeing you and the (expanded) family when you come back Home to see us here in Paradise!

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

What can one say except that the location is perfect... Perfect for that much needed Me time, perfect for that stroll along the white sandy beach of a width span of 150 m... And the greatest thing about this place is that you literally have this space to yourself.... ( a small confession, they are in the midst of upgrading the rooms and facilities, thus the number of pax is hotel is half the usual number. ) but it is not a big hotel either, so it is easy to get lost with oneself in this idyllic location.
The hotel is not close to themajortown area, so I would suggest renting a car. Which is ever so easy at the airport upon arrival... Driving in Langkawi is a breeze. Highly recommended.
Would I come back here.... Most definitely yes......

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear scubasaw,

Warm Greetings and thank you for the wonderful review and for letting us all know about your "Perfect" stay. I was most pleased to know that you would be prepared to come back to share some more time with us here in Paradise. I look forward to seeing you again then.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Tanjung Rhu Resort is beautiful yet the rooms are questionable! The 3 pools are amazing, the Lagoon pool, the adults pool and the kids pool. The beach is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, and where my now fiance popped the question.

The white sand and the blue waters with the little island mounds popping up are just breathtaking and you can see the views from all the pools. There is also a sand bar you can walk across during a certain tide and walk to the other islands around.

The food is amazing and so are the cocktails which can be brought to you in or out of the pools. The wildlife around are stunning, we were constantly taking photos of all the iguanas/lizards that were popping up around us. The fish pond is awesome with baby fish and giant fish swimming around and you can help feed them!

In regards to the rooms, i would suggest to not have any expectations and not spend much time in your room. Having stayed in 5 and 6 start resorts in the world these rooms are in my opinion about a 3 star.
Our room was average, we had ants all over our room and had rude cleaning staff laugh at us when we asked them why we had ants everywhere. The management were of a different caliber and were very professional and attentive.

If you would like beautiful rooms and the same beautiful beach then i would suggest staying at the only other resort in the north of Langkawi which is the Four Seasons. They are both of similar price and my fiance and i stayed at Tanjung Rhu because it was not a chain resort, however next time we will be staying at the Four Seasons just because we like to have beautiful rooms to come to at night.

Room Tip: The adults pool has a sign saying it closes at 10pm however we went to the pool at 8pm and it was al...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear NicknMish S,

Thank you for your kind review and I am very happy to know that overall you had an enjoyable time with us at Tanjung Rhu Resort. My apologies if there was any perceived rudeness from the rooms staff as I am sure this was not intended to offend you. I am not sure what the overall problem with your room may have been but we are in the process of upgrading all the rooms and restaurants and I am sure that these new rooms will be totally to your expectation. Please do come back and try these the next time as I am sure you will be very pleased. I am sure you will find that generally the Four Seasons rooms are in a higher price category for their rooms overall, especially for similar specification rooms but either way, come back and see us here in Paradise as I am sure you will be pleased to see the even better facilities.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Rhu for 10 days last xmas.
This is truly a great place to holiday, relax, swim......

But the true strength of this place is its people. From management through guides, to room cleaners these are truly a great lot.
The meals are great, and the all inclusive package was a good way to go.

We had one small issue, which was swiftly and more than adequately addressed.

Our thanks to all staff, and the many guests who made our stay here great.

Why now you ask?

I have been feeling guilty, I suppose, since I relied on Tripadvisor lots to find this place, and felt that I owed them.
Also, the staff and management were such a helpful, and friendly lot that recognition is deserved.

Want a great holiday.....here tiz

Terre

Stayed December 2012
relaxLGK, General Manager at Tanjung Rhu Resort, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Dear Terre W,
Thank you for the great review and I am so pleased that you did take the time to write your review. It is a great pleasure to make our guest's time here a totally enjoyable experience and it is always with great appreciation that we receive such kind compliments from special people such as yourself and other Trip Advisor reviewers. All the wonderful Team here truly appreciates it so, thanks again.

I am pleased that you were also able to experience the wonderful Christmas/New Year period. As I mentioned in a previous response, it is another wonderful, happy time of year to be here at Tanjung Rhu! I look forward to being able to provide you with another great holiday experience when you come back Home to see us here in Paradise!

enzo@tanjungrhu.com.my
edmonton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This by far was one of the very best vacations. The resort was expensive but worth every dollar. The staff were extremely friendly and very helpful. The rooms were spacious and clean. The bar fridge was always filled with water and soft drinks. The party for New Year was so much fun. The restaraunts were fantastic. The only negative was the jelly fish in the ocean but we new that before we went.

Room Tip: Not the ground floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear annieb58,
I am so pleased you had such a great time with us and especially that you enjoyed the New Year's Eve Party on the beach here in Paradise. Undoubtedly, there is never a bad time to come to Tanjung Rhu however, the Christmas and New Year periods are one of my favorite times because it is so full of familiar faces, regular guests, happy people, happy staff, happy families and beautiful, beautiful weather. The parties on the beach are always a highlight and last NYE was a particularly great evening where everyone just had a ball! Thanks for being part of that and I hope that we will be able to see you back "Home" some time soon.
enzo@tanjungrhu.com.my

Been to Tanjung Rhu Resort? Share your experiences!