“A woderful way to spend xmas.....” 5 of 5 stars

You added Tanjung Rhu Resort to your Saves list
Tanjung Rhu Resort
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Mukim Ayer Hangat, Langkawi 07000, Malaysia   |
Ranked #6 of 98 hotels in Langkawi
“A woderful way to spend xmas.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Rhu for 10 days last xmas.
This is truly a great place to holiday, relax, swim......

But the true strength of this place is its people. From management through guides, to room cleaners these are truly a great lot.
The meals are great, and the all inclusive package was a good way to go.

We had one small issue, which was swiftly and more than adequately addressed.

Our thanks to all staff, and the many guests who made our stay here great.

Why now you ask?

I have been feeling guilty, I suppose, since I relied on Tripadvisor lots to find this place, and felt that I owed them.
Also, the staff and management were such a helpful, and friendly lot that recognition is deserved.

Want a great holiday.....here tiz

Terre

Stayed December 2012
relaxLGK, General Manager at Tanjung Rhu Resort, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Dear Terre W,
Thank you for the great review and I am so pleased that you did take the time to write your review. It is a great pleasure to make our guest's time here a totally enjoyable experience and it is always with great appreciation that we receive such kind compliments from special people such as yourself and other Trip Advisor reviewers. All the wonderful Team here truly appreciates it so, thanks again.

I am pleased that you were also able to experience the wonderful Christmas/New Year period. As I mentioned in a previous response, it is another wonderful, happy time of year to be here at Tanjung Rhu! I look forward to being able to provide you with another great holiday experience when you come back Home to see us here in Paradise!

824 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Korean first
edmonton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This by far was one of the very best vacations. The resort was expensive but worth every dollar. The staff were extremely friendly and very helpful. The rooms were spacious and clean. The bar fridge was always filled with water and soft drinks. The party for New Year was so much fun. The restaraunts were fantastic. The only negative was the jelly fish in the ocean but we new that before we went.

Room Tip: Not the ground floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear annieb58,
I am so pleased you had such a great time with us and especially that you enjoyed the New Year's Eve Party on the beach here in Paradise. Undoubtedly, there is never a bad time to come to Tanjung Rhu however, the Christmas and New Year periods are one of my favorite times because it is so full of familiar faces, regular guests, happy people, happy staff, happy families and beautiful, beautiful weather. The parties on the beach are always a highlight and last NYE was a particularly great evening where everyone just had a ball! Thanks for being part of that and I hope that we will be able to see you back "Home" some time soon.
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend away in April 2013.

The resort is about 30 mins from the airport, located right on Tanjung Rhu beach, which is very peaceful. You can swim in the water and it's nice and warm but the sand is not very fine and there are small rocks.

We stayed in a Bayu Senja room which was extremely spacious. There was a coffee machine in the room but no coffee so we had to ask them to bring some for us. If you're going to put a coffee machine in the room, shouldn't you at least make sure there's coffee/sugar/creamer too?

They have a couple of rooms called the library, which is the only place in the resort where wi-fi works properly. Wi-fi in the room never worked.

Food was overpriced for what it is. I've stayed at expensive hotels - Four Seasons, Ritz-Calrton, St Regis, etc. and the food at Tanjung Rhu was as expensive as these places although not as nice.

The resort is a bit dated but it's currently being renovated. With regards to the current renovation, we didn't hear any noise at all from our room. It was pretty loud at breakfast, but they had someone playing the piano so it made the noise bearable. Breakfast was pretty average.

We did the 2 hour mangrove tour organised by the hotel and really enjoyed that. We were the only ones in the boat, eventhough we didn't request a private boat.

Overall the hotel was ok, and no doubt it will be much better once the renovations are complete.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear corky_c,
Thank you for staying with us and for providing is with your feedback in this review. I am sorry about the inconvenience relating to the coffee in the room. We have the amenities replenished every day in the rooms. In the Bayu Senja Rooms the Coffee, Tea and other hot beverage amenities are located in a shelf beside the bathroom entrance. Sometimes if the sliding door is opened, the shelf can be hidden behind the door and the amenities may be missed. I am not sure of this was the case with your stay but our apologies either way for the inconvenience.

Thanks for your feedback on the food prices - we do a lot of benchmarking of prices and we know our prices are still well positioned and very competitive against the major hotels and in addition we do not apply Service Fees and Taxes as our prices are all net.

I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay and I hope that you will be able to return sometime in the future to experience the new rooms & facilities. We will be very happy to welcome to “Back Home to Paradise!”

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this amazing resort for our honeymoon in April. From the minute we got there to the time we left we were so impressed with the fabulous service and the beauty of this resort. The staff here are like no other we have experienced. When they greet you, they mean it and there is always a smile on their faces. They really personalise your experience and make you feel sooo welcome!

Not only are the staff superb, the rooms were beautiful. We had the chance to stay in a new refurbished room and an older room overlooking the Andaman Sea. Both rooms were fantastic! They were clean, spacious and soooo comfortable! The food at this resort is endless and there is something for everybody. We had some of the best food we have ever eaten in the world here and the breakfast is amazing too, not to mention the excellent cocktail menu- so much variety and all so good.

At the time we stayed, there were renovations. To be honest, we did not even notice the renovations going on. The Resort is so large and the whole time we were there we felt as if we had the resort to ourselves. So much privacy, such great service and we had the best honeymoon ever!!

Thank you Tanjung Rhu. We hope to return to your amazing resort soon to experience this amazing hidden paradise.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Dutfield,
What a wonderful review and thank you so much for allowing us to be a special part of your honeymoon and for writing to tell everyone of your wonderful experience. I am particularly pleased that you felt the genuine "smiles from the heart" and the love that the team here have for all our special guests who come to share our bit of Paradise. I was also very happy to know that you enjoyed all the food options available at the Resort. I hope that you will be able to come and stay again and become part of the Tanjung Rhu Family who return to experience a special level of caring from the Team here at their home away from home.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

we staid at the hotel in March 2012 where it was the low season. we loved how empty eveywhere was. it felt like we have the huge pools all for ourselves.
we booked a Full board deal. and seriously this is a real full board. everything is included in the price.
we loved the beach at Low tide. we can walk really deep into the sea and its just half a meter of sea water all over. very interesting.
the pools are outstanding and the outside bathrooms. The room was specious and great.
i loved every bit of our stay.
our fligh was at 5pm and we weren't rushed to check out early. we checked out at 3:30. so we felt like we staid for another day just because we staid a couple of more hours.
im Definitely going back again. but staying in a smaller room because the 80 sq meter Bayu Senja room was too big for us.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear nosa t,
Thank you for staying with us and for writing this lovely review, even 1 year after you were here. I am very pleased to know that you "loved every bit" of your short stay with us and especially that you were able to appreciate the wonderful sand bar at low tide. I hope that you will be able to come and stay for a little longer when you next come to stay with us here in Paradise!
Dingle, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We recently had a great 7 day holiday at Tanjung Rhu. There was some construction activity occurring but it had minimal impact and in fact worked to our advantage as the facilcities had fewer people using them, The staff at the resort are their greatest asset as they, along with Enzo, the ever helpful Genral Manager, made us feel special. The attention to some detail s was great but the one that really struck me was when one of our travelling party turned up and needed a wheelchair due to an accident prior to arriving. There was one area that a step was a bit of an impediment fo rthe wheel chair but within hours ( and without being asked) a ramp replaced the step.
Of the actviites available the kayaks are great as thier are several islands within paddling distance. Also the mangrove adventure tour is well worth doing.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
relaxLGK, General Manager at Tanjung Rhu Resort, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Mackay49,
Wonderful to hear from you and I am so pleased that you all took away great memories of your stay with us. It's sometimes the little things that mean a lot and I am so pleased that we were able to make you and your friends so happy. It's true that the staff is our greatest asset and of course very pleasing to know that they made such a fond impression on you all. It was lovely to meet you all whilst you were here and I do look forward to welcoming you back Home to Paradise sometime soon!
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This was our first visit to Langkawi. It was fantastic from start to finish. The layout of the hotel is beautiful with lovely use of water features. The staff are so helpful and friendly with ready smiles. They seem to be a genuinely happy bunch of people, so I'm sure management are doing something right. An example of the way the staff went out of the way to help - we forgot to bring any beach toys for the kids. I phoned Reception from the Sunset pool to see if there were any available. They told me there were some buckets and spades and a ball we could borrow at the Watersports Centre and they would arrange for someone to bring them over for us straightaway. The manager, Enzo, was a very visible presence around the hotel and helped iron out some booking anomalies for us brilliantly.

We stayed in a Bayu Senja room on the 2nd floor which was lovely. I have seen some other reviews on here which refer to the rooms as being a bit corporate in style. This couldn't be further than the reality (I think maybe the other reviewers were staying in a different hotel!). The rooms were characterful, beautifully laid out and very clean. All staff entering the rooms meticulously take off their shoes before entering and the lovely wooden floors ensure everything is dust and dirt free. (A true example of corporate style rooms in a 5 star hotel would be the Kowloon Shangri-La in Hong Kong.)

We met 2 families who were back on their 5th repeat visit - the best recommendation any hotel can have. We will definitely be back too.

It was our first all-inclusive hotel deal. I admit that I was a bit nervous about this, as I thought that it would be all too easy for a hotel to skimp on quality, with a "sell it cheap pile it high" attitude, but this was not the case at all. The food was excellent at all times.

The renovations were managed very well and did not detract from our visit.

We stayed at the hotel over Easter and the hotel arranged wonderful Easter activities for all the children staying at the hotel, another thoughtful touch.

We did the mangrove adventure tour with Fendi, who was outstanding. He clearly loves nature, is very knowledgeable and is such a lovely character. We would highly recommend this tour. We spent a lot of time at the Artisan Hut where Ara in particular was always very welcoming and helpful.

My only complaint - we weren't there long enough - 5 nights wasn't enough!

Thank you to Fendi, Ara, Enzo and the team for making our stay with you so wonderful. We look forward to coming back (hopefully December 2014)

The Robsons

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jslcherry,
Great to hear from you again. Thank you for staying with us and for the fantastic review. You are right, the staff here are a great group of people who do genuinely love what they do - creating memorable and happy experiences for all our guests every day! Their expressions all truly come from the heart and that is very hard to find these days. We do have many return guests who come back because they feel like this is their second home and the staff are like their extended family. It's not just a cliche', it really is like that here!

It's wonderful to know that you enjoyed the All Inclusive Package as it really is good value and very "Inclusive". Oh, and thank you for your comments about the rooms as I was a bit confused by this "corporate" thing and it is nice to know that it is just an aberration.

I was so please to know that you will also be planning to come back to see us again and Fendi, Ara myself and all the Tanjung Rhu Family will be waiting to welcome you “Back Home to Paradise” when you return in 2014!
Enzo Rulli

Been to Tanjung Rhu Resort? Share your experiences!