“This resort is awesome” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 98 hotels in Langkawi
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“This resort is awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I vacationed here three times during the five years I lived in Malaysia. This resort thinks of everything, activities, relaxation and the various restaurant options all in one resort. I cannot imagine someone not enjoying their stay here.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
relaxLGK, General Manager at Tanjung Rhu Resort, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear K2dam2dab,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. Thank you also for having stayed with us 3 times. I am so pleased that you have found Tanjung Rhu meets all your holiday expectations and I do hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back Home to Paradise for the 4th in the near future.

840 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

From the moment we arrived the service was excellent. We were greeted by the Hotel Manager and was brought straight to our room by the concierge. Checking-in was all done at the room which I find the hilight of my experience there. No waiting at the lobby.
The room was already equipped with the extra single bed and a baby cot for the children. Another plus point, shows that the hotel takes effort in making sure their guests' requests are taken care upon arrival.
The beach was magnificent. During lowtide, guests could walk to the nearby island. The pool was lovely. My 3 year old son truly enjoyed himself.
The food was good. The hotel could do better with the breakfast spread. The egg station could have been manned with a better chef. We took the all-inclusive package and it was worth it especially with having young children as some meals were taken in the room at no extra cost.
An awesome holiday. Too bad it was too short a stay(3day2nights). Definitely will consider going back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear sunwic77,
Thank you for the kind review and I am so pleased that you and the family had such an enjoyable stay. It was nice to see that you were able to see the sand bar whilst you were here as it is a truly wonderful experience. We have taken note of your comments regarding the egg station at breakfast and have already taken steps to improve on this and I hope that you will be able to see the difference the next time you come to see us here in Paradise!

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We just came back from a 4 days 3 nights stay at the Tanjung Rhu Resort. We all had a great time and agreed that we would like to come back again in future.

The Room:
There were 10 of us and we had 3 rooms, 2 Bayu Senja and 1 Cahaya. All rooms were huge and comfortable. No regrets paying more for the sea view Bayu Senya. Love the extensive use of wood in the rooms. Very cosy. No doubt the resort is old, but it is well maintained and clean. Very comfortable.

The Food:
We took the all-inclusive package. It was great. Lots of food choices. Room service is included and it's great to be able to laze by the pool and order drinks and snacks as and when we like. My parents enjoyed the afternoon tea. We had our dinners at the Rhu restaurant. Nice to be able to enjoy fine dining while at a beach resort. Service was excellent.

The recreation:
Beautiful beach. It was really quiet when we were there and it felt like we had the beach to ourselves! What a luxury! At low tide, we would walk along the sandbar to the nearby islets about 500m out. It was fun. We saw hermit crabs, crabs etc. Good old fashion fun.
The boys also took the kayaks out when tide was high. Use of non motorised sports was free.
There were 3 pools, a quiet pool for adults, a family pool and a sand pool. We mainly used the family pool. Again we had the pool to ourselves most of the time.

The tour:
We took the mangrove tour with the hotel. It was definitely more costly then if we were to book with external operators, but it was convenient and reliable. Went to a fish farm where we fed huge fishes, handled the horseshoe crab etc. Visited the bat cave. Cruise along the mangrove and saw the colorful fiddler crabs, mud skippers, monkeys and monitor lizards. Saw eagles and kites (birds). As Tanjung Rhu is an Eco resort, the nature guide was not allowed to feed the eagles so as not to change the natural hunting and eating habits of the eagles. External tour operators bring along chicken skin to feed the eagles. Nonetheless, we still had good views of the eagles and kites. No problem. It feels good that we are respecting nature.

The spa:
3 of us went to the spa and enjoyed it. Recommend to take the package of massage plus scrub. More worth it then just doing the massage alone. Just note that the single room is air conditioned, but the double room is not as it has an outdoor double bath. Nonetheless, it was not warm as there is a fan. Still pretty comfortable.

All in all an excellent vacation. The resort was suppose to be under renovation when we were there and we did not see any renovation or unsightly sights. No inconvenience at all.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear DNLs_mum,
It was great to see that you had an excellent vacation and that you and the family were able to take advantage of the great value offered by the All Inclusive Package. It was nice to see that you were able to experience most of the activities that make this part of the world so special including the Sand Bar walk and the Mangrove Tour - and thank you for chosing the environmentally caring option for the mangrove tours as it really does make a big difference to the future of this important and fragile ecosystem. I hope that you will be able to bring the family back one day soon to enjoy the idyllic environment here in Paradise once again.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

From the moment of arrival our holiday was first class .. the contemporary setting is both luxurious & restful .. the rooms are well designed and the service unobtrusive, friendly and professional. The ocean is equally inviting to the wonderful swimming pools .. for any guests who are disabled there is a "mini beach" which has been created centrally within the property, offering wheelchair access - great idea and a bonus option for extended family holidaymakers. There is opportunity for both family and intimate dining .. dreamy massages and facials in heavenly rainforest environment .. one of the finest Resorts we have experienced.

Room Tip: Obviously beach-front rooms most appealing; however all rooms we booked were very attractive and wit...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Dear Sy61,
It was so nice to read your kind comments about your stay with us at Tanjung Rhu and to know that you had a "luxurious and restful" time in "one of the finest Resorts" that you have experienced.

As hoteliers, we are always so pleased to hear that we compare favourably with the best in the world as our aim is to provide all of our Guests with a Luxurious and Rejuvenating Holiday Experience in an unrivalled environment of Beauty, Privacy and Tranquillity with the Warmest, Friendliest and Most Sincere Service Staff they will find anywhere in the world. I hope that you will come back "Home" again some time soon so that we may have the pleasure of looking after you all over again!

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

One of the best resort we had been to. The all inclusive package is a great buy. Having breakfast by the pond, facing the beautiful sea was a real indulgence. The room was spacious, and the bed was comfortable, with a lovely open concept bath tub.

The resort staffs were always attentive and informative. It felt like going back home by having someone welcoming us and walked us to our room. We had our check-in done in the room, very thoughtful indeed. Staffs were well-trained, very professional and courteous, even went the extra miles for us. Lovely people make this resort a great place, leaving us bunch of good memories.

The unique sand bar formation along the shoreline was beautiful. We walked to the connecting islets at low tide, it was such a romantic things to do. It was interesting to meet some sea creatures on the sand bar.

3 gorgeous pools laying in the resort compound were very inviting. With the size of the pools, it's never crowded despite families were around. We had good time soaking up in the pools, enjoying the beautiful sea view at the same time.

Fine white sandy beach, magnificent sunset backdrop, great staffs, nice food and the serenity, we are definitely going back!

Jacinta

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
relaxLGK, General Manager at Tanjung Rhu Resort, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear JacintaFLim,
It was wonderful to read your review and thank you for the great comments about your short stay with us at Tanjung Rhu. It was particularly pleasing to know that you felt like you were going back "home" as this is exactly how we want all our valued guests to feel - relaxed, comfortable and loved in an Idyllic, relaxing and luxurious environment. I am glad that you will be coming back and we all look forward to welcoming you "Back Home to Paradise" soon!

London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Tanjung Rhu Resort for 3 nights on our honeymoon. On arrival we were taken our our beach front room where they had laid out a welcoming bottle of wine and a cake to congratulate us on our wedding. Our room was spacious with a sofa in a lounge area and a large bed facing double doors leading to what was the most beautiful view ever. The hotel is set in a cove and has a few large rocks where the cove meets the sea and when the tide goes out you can walk all the way out to them. One day when the tide was in we borrowed canoes from the hotel and paddled out to and went around them which was good fun. But its when the sun is setting that this view comes into its own, its gorgeous! This hotel has by far the best location, we stayed in the Four Seasons along the coast which although was extremely wonderful we spent our time by the pool or on the beach missing our view from the Tanjung. We ate at the Rhu restaurant a couple of times and the food was wonderful, they also had some live music playing from a balcony across from the restaurant so it wasn't too in your face while you enjoyed your food. Both of the pools were very nice and relaxing to be around and the beach was keep very clean. One day when it rained we went to the hotels library and borrowed a dvd which we watched in our room on the tv and dvd player in the sitting area. A wonderful stay with a wonderful view!

Room Tip: Well worth getting a beach view room.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
relaxLGK, General Manager at Tanjung Rhu Resort, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear KobbyUK,
Congratulations once again on your marriage and thanks for choosing us as to be part of your special honeymoon. I am so pleased to know that you had a wonderful time and that you enjoyed the natural beauty of this special environment. It was also pleasing to know that you enjoyed the restaurants and I trust the service overall was to your expecations. I hope that you will be able to come to see us again in Paradise and experience the great views and the best sunsets all over again - perhaps for a special anniversary visit some time soon!

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Let's answer the most important question: As a first-time visitor, would I consider going to Tanjung Rhu Resort again? Most definitely!

And why am I so certain? The following factors made it easy:

1) The beach: Tanjung Rhu Resort's (TRR) beach has CHARACTER. It has a certain ambiance that is lacking in other beaches (even if other beach resorts have clearer waters at their beaches, better buildings, or/and better socializing opportunities). I felt completely relaxed and peaceful there, and that's quite an achievement since I do find it hard to relax in first-time places. If you're planning to go there for the beach, please get the Bayu Senja rooms, as these rooms offer the best view of the beach and the sea.

2) The sand bar: I would rate this as one of the things to do at least once in your life! Truly fantastic...TRR is one place where the sea parts and forms a pathway for you to visit the nearby islands! When I was there, unfortunately it didn't part fully all the way to the islands, but I still got the chance to walk three-quarters of the way closer to the islands, and it was amazing to see the waves crashing on the left and right side of you while doing that!

3) The service: No complaints in this area...staff were always courteous, and enquiries/requests were always tended to promptly.

4) The food: Talk about variety! There's a range of dishes available, from western to eastern fare. I ordered in-room dining the whole time, and I have no complaints whatsoever! I loved the Bread Pudding, the Tom Yam Goong, and the Chocolate Truffle cake.

In short, the above factors have convinced me to plan for another trip back to TRR in the near future.

I would also like to mention some names: Mr. Fuad who tended to my transportation to/from the airport, Ms. Puteri for the in-room check-in (which is another great thing for the resort to do for their guests), Mr. Saufi for my tending to my questions at the reception desk, and a whole list of other staff who treated me with courtesy and kindness while I was there...always with a smile. Keep it up!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dear TaramsalataPJ,
Wow, what a great opening line to your review - I am ecstatic to know that you will definitely come back. It is our dream to hear all our guests say this. I guess this is why we have so many return guests who feel like they are coming Home every time they return to see their Tanjung Rhu Family! It is true that the ambience is what makes the place special and I am so pleased that you felt relaxed right from the start. We have many guests that tell us the same thing and that this is one place where they can fully wind down and feel recharged by the end of their stay. I can see years being removed from people's faces after just s few days here - a veritable rejuvenation process occurs before your very eyes!

We enough of that but I would like to say thank you for the review and for mentioning the food, the sand bar, the service, the beach and especially for mentioning Fuad, Puteri, Saufi and the other staff as this will make their day to be recognised & mentioned here bu a valued guest on Tripadvisor.

We will be sure to welcome you with open arms when you come to see us back "Home in Paradise"!

Enzo Rulli

Been to Tanjung Rhu Resort? Share your experiences!