My girlfriend and I have just returned from 7 nights in a beach villa. The villas and views are stunning, but surprisingly poorly maintained for such a new property. Half the venetian blinds (and there are many) wouldn't open or close lessening the view of the reflective ponds. When I mentioned this to staff I was told they were broken. I knew that! However nothing was done to fix them.
On the upside the staff are extremely good, especially in Cafe Kelapa and Ikan Ikan, where the food is excellent. The service in the Rhu Bar is outstanding and they make fantastic ginger martinis - we enjoyed quite a few of these on the large swings watching the sun set.
The buggy (golf cart) system is good at times for getting around the property, but a great degree of patience is required as they don't seem in any hurry.
The spa facilities are excellent and we had no trouble with bookings on any occasion.
Given they provide a level of property maintenance and continue to train the very friendly staff there will now (with the Datai) be two brilliant hotels on Langkawi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Andaman Sea off the northwestern coast of Malaysia, the archipelago of Langkawi is south-east Asia's first UNESCO Geopark – a geological and ecological wonderland of 550-million-year-old rock formations, precipitous rainforest and deserted islands. Just minutes by boat from the world-renowned mangroves of the Kilim Karst Geoforest Park, Four Seasons Resort Langkawi combines artful design and all-pervading serenity with a wholesome connection with nature. The Resort’s traditional Malay kampong-design weaves through acres of beachfront gardens dotted with al fresco restaurants, palms and lotus ponds. An endless sense of space encourages clarity and calm. UNESCO-protected mangroves showcase labyrinthine adventures between land and sea, supported by the on-site Geopark Discovery Centre, while the Geo Spa draws on the ancient healing energies of the surrounding nature. Throughout the Resort, private cabanas, endless hideaways and landscaped pools (including one for adults only) offer the freedom and flexibility to reflect and reconnect – individually, with one another or as a family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Langkawi, Malaysia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Resort Langkawi, Malaysia
- Four Seasons Resort Langkawi, Malaysia Hotel Langkawi
- Four Seasons Langkawi
- Langkawi Four Seasons