“A wonderful memorable stay !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Resort Langkawi, Malaysia

Save Saved
You added Four Seasons Resort Langkawi, Malaysia to your Saves list
Four Seasons Resort Langkawi, Malaysia
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Tanjung Rhu | Mukim Ayer Hangat, Langkawi 07000, Malaysia   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Fourth Night!
Ranked #5 of 98 hotels in Langkawi
Dubai
“A wonderful memorable stay !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Everything is amazing about this hotel, from the moment you step in to the moment you leave the place. The staff are friendly and their service is outstanding. I recommend this hotel and its such a perfect spot for a getaway.Loveee it, its beautiful in every way !!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

635 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Arabic first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

From the moment we arrived through the gates to this property we were treated like long lost friends. All the staff were welcoming and accommodating to all of our requests. We stayed in a beach villa which was spacious and luxurious and the pool was private and large enough for 4 of us. The bath was incredible! Waking up on the beach was worth the cost of upgrading to a villa. The food at all the restaurants was wonderful, even the snacks by the pool. The Rhu bar at sunset is truly spectacular. We visited during the wet season and there were several typhoons in south east Asia whilst we were in Langkawi, I doubt there is a better place to take refuge. It was however, very disappointing that the sea was really dirty and consequently quite a lot of rubbish was washing up onto the beach. We couldn't see it from our villa, only along the shoreline but it was not the crystal clear emerald waters I had been expecting. The hotel was regularly cleaning the beach but it appeared to be a constant battle. I'm not sure if this was just due to the storms around or if the water is always like that. The pools were terrific though, very large and with plenty of sunbeds. We had hoped that our kids would spend at least a few hours in the kids club but they absolutely loved it and wanted to go everyday. Everyone in the family was happy! Thank you to everyone at the hotel for a fantastic, memorable holiday.

• Stayed September 2013
Befast, NI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this hotel .... Rooms amazing, pool areas fabulous, arrival check in area fabulous, restaurants are just lovely ... Service second to none..... Just fab all round !
Do yourself a favour and treat yourself to a stay here if you are going to be in the Langkawi area.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

An amazing resort and probably the best Four Seasons hotel we have visited. Incredible location, beautiful grounds, stunning pools and impeccable service. You would have to look very hard to find any fault of significance or any fault at all.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My bf was here at Four Seasons Langkawi about 10 years ago and ever since, he was bragging about how good it was. The bragging got to stop and I've to experience it for real and he actually surprised me with this trip of 4d/3n. I must say I'm definitely impressed with the landscape, spacious room and the excellent service.
We are both city dwellers and our working hours never stops so this short break was considered a blessing for us. 2 things I love most in our room are the spacious bathroom and a heavenly bed. We had such good rest and that itself is worth every penny.
I booked myself a spa treatment and I can only wish that the 90 minutes last longer. I was totally relaxed and the room has a serene view too. I was left alone with the masseur in a huge room and I enjoyed every moment of my peace and quietness.
My bf had another surprise for me which was a romantic dinner for 2 by the beach. He booked the tent and we had dinner there. Just the 2 of us. I'm just glad it didn't rain that night. The food was really good and the service is just excellent which I must emphasize again.
1 of the night, we had issue with the electricity and when we called to have it fix, the electrician was there soon after and fixed the issue.
As mentioned on my subject, this is my first Four Seasons experience and will not be the last for sure.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We were in Langkawi in the middle of September and decided to split our stay between Four Seasons and The Datai. We have stayed at The Datai almost 10 years ago. Both resorts are excellent, each with its own distinct flavor so it is down to individual preference (see other review). I won’t mind going back to either place.

Four Seasons stretches out across a wide expansive white sand beach with most accommodations having close access to the beach. As such, the pavilions/villas are designed with extensive glass walls to maximize views. It also means you get a bit less privacy unless you close them off with curtains. It also has an effect on temperature control so the air-conditioners are quite strong and seem to be turned on at all times. Having said that, the accommodations are quite spread out so you rarely encounter passer-bys (mostly working staff). It is a large property (buggy service is available) but we enjoyed walking around and you can pretty much get everywhere via the beach. The water is quite calm but I miss the sound of pounding waves and we could do without a view of the massive cement plant in the horizon.

We stayed in a ground floor pavilion. It is quite spacious with a nice big bathroom. There is a nice outside lounging area at the front and an outside tub area next to the bathroom (enclosed for privacy). You probably want to get the staff to set up the tub if you want to use it as it was empty and needs to the tidied up with all the tree droppings. The provisions within the room are generally in line with expectations for such places. However, there were a few quirks that can be addressed. We accidentally broke the ceramic shampoo bottle and no replacement was provided for the remainder of our stay so no shampooing for us. Also, we didn’t quite appreciate the call to remind us to check out before 12 noon – any such call should come after 12 if at all. The aloe soothing gel was a nice touch. If I go back, I would stay at the upper-level for more privacy (unless I am splurging for one of the beach villas, then I would pick the ones at either end of the resort for more privacy).

Aside from the wide long stretch of white-sand beach, the standout feature is the adult pool. I thought it was quite well-designed providing a visual connection to the beach with sufficient length for doing proper laps. Best of all, it has enclosed areas that provide a high degree of privacy with direct access to the pool. You almost have the benefit of a private pool without the claustrophobia usually associated with the size of such pools within a private villa. The other family pool, in comparison, seems a bit small. There is a good gym (where the glass wall is a nice touch) and a good relaxing spa. They could also do a better job of highlighting available activities within the resort. We didn’t know about the yoga classes until well into our stay.

The food at the Four Seasons was more expensive than The Datai but they seem to be aware of that as our (non-hotel) package came with dining credits that made it more comparable. The dining outlets are open-air with a view of the beach and we tried the Malaysian restaurant, the beach side grill, pool side service and room service. The food quality is slightly above average with the Malaysian restaurant as a stand-out. They seem to have improved their breakfast buffet since some of the reviews as there is quite a good and extensive selection.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We are huge fans of Four Seasons and while staying at Bon Ton Resort (see separate review) we decided to pop over to the Four Seasons for a look and lunch.

The resort itself is, of course, everything you'd expect from Four Seasons. Beautifully landscaped, wonderful archicture, spacious rooms, ocean front villas - just lovely.

We found ourselves at the Kelapa Grill on the beach front for lunch. For the first time ever at a Four Seasons Resort, the service was snooty and really rather indifferent. The staff were slow, slightly obnoxious, not very attentive and not very informative about what was on the menu. The wine we ordered was going to have to be bought from another cellar which would take 20 minutes and then after that time we were informed it wasn't available. The quality of the food was actually disappointing - the fish and chips had batter on it literally inches thick and the fish was thin and slimy. Inedible, actually. Oh - and - the bill was horrendous.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Seasons Resort Langkawi, Malaysia? Share your experiences!