On arrival for our honeymoon we were not greeted with any congratulations, nor were there any touches in our room as we had in the previous hotels we stayed at. This was our final hotel on our honeymoon and we had high expectations but we were disappointed. The first night we had no sleep as the mattress was so old and soft and had no springs left in it. We had back aches and felt awful the next day. To be fair, when we reported this the management changed the mattress straight away, however I would expect better beds in the first place from a Four Seasons. The villa smelt of paint and the air conditioning was very noisy. The door was also broken and had to be fixed. Again it was fixed as soon as we reported it but not what you expect to have to be doing when paying these prices. The resort was almost deserted and felt very isolated. We would be sat at breakfast or dinner with only one other table occupied. It lacked any atmosphere. This is probably a seasonal thing though and can't be helped. Postitives are the food was vey good, staff are very helpful and the pool areas are lovely with nice touches like water and cold towels brought out to you and sunglasses cleaning. The spa was good. Rhu Bar is great for sunsets and the mangrove tour is well worh doing. It's a nice resort but didn't quite meet our expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Andaman Sea off the northwestern coast of Malaysia, the archipelago of Langkawi is south-east Asia's first UNESCO Geopark – a geological and ecological wonderland of 550-million-year-old rock formations, precipitous rainforest and deserted islands. Just minutes by boat from the world-renowned mangroves of the Kilim Karst Geoforest Park, Four Seasons Resort Langkawi combines artful design and all-pervading serenity with a wholesome connection with nature. The Resort’s traditional Malay kampong-design weaves through acres of beachfront gardens dotted with al fresco restaurants, palms and lotus ponds. An endless sense of space encourages clarity and calm. UNESCO-protected mangroves showcase labyrinthine adventures between land and sea, supported by the on-site Geopark Discovery Centre, while the Geo Spa draws on the ancient healing energies of the surrounding nature. Throughout the Resort, private cabanas, endless hideaways and landscaped pools (including one for adults only) offer the freedom and flexibility to reflect and reconnect – individually, with one another or as a family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Langkawi, Malaysia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Resort Langkawi, Malaysia
- Four Seasons Resort Langkawi, Malaysia Hotel Langkawi
- Four Seasons Langkawi
- Langkawi Four Seasons