I want to say forst that we had read some reviews of the Superior rooms and we a little anxious before arriving at the resort.
Once in the room though those worries evaporated, the cheaper rooms are fine and their setting in perfect. We were in 1153, and from the balconey you could hear both the sea and the forest. ( the sea view is not important to us as we have one at home)
The room was large, well equipped and very comfortable, coming from Hong kong we were amazed in the size of the Bed!!! wish we had the room to have this at home!
on minus points but very trival ones the air con leaked and the Tv remote didnt work. We didnt care about either but that air con will eventually be a problem for the chalet as it is wood. So its kinda amessage for the management rather than worried guests.
The location, as has been said, is stunning, and the variety of Wildlife is too numerous to mention.
The shuttle buses can take their sweet time when trying to get back to recption , but a walk through the grounds if your not in a rush or dont have luggage is a much better option anyway!
The food was good, not excellent but certainly good and maybe a little pricey but not enough to worry about and certainly the only resort that can offer setting and location like this one will be found to be much dearer! ( datai and the resorts on the North of the island.)
One bit of advice on the location, DO NOT stay at patai Cenang for a romantic getaway, we were there when the weather was a little bad but the beach has dirt and the sea is rough. ( maybe this was the weather but i actually said it reminded me of Skegness in Spring not a tropical island in summer!!!)
The berjaya is a little old, but the only thing about this i thought took away from its charm was the swimming pool. although very cool and welcoming it has teatures ( fibreglass rocks) that are broken to the point where they will actually be dangerous. the management need to fix it. We read this prior to going on holiday and thought it didnt matter because we would be on the beach, but the sea was rough and we spent some time in the pool.
For some reason Wifi is vastly overpriced here. 10 pounds for a month pass... who is there a month :P Even the boutique, budget resorts have it free!
On the whole the berjaya is, we think, the only choice in the price range. Maybe the sheraton and the daitai and the sanctuary will be newer, but unless they have the same setting they will not be as value for money as this hotel.
Thank you for a wonderful unique holiday!!! we have already told our friends to visit!
- Also Known As:
- Berjaya Langkawi Resort - Malaysia Hotel
- Berjaya Langkawi Resort - Malaysia Hotel Langkawi
- Berjaya Langkawi Beach Hotel
- Berjaya Langkawi
- Resort Langkawi
- Berjaya Langkawi Beach & Spa Resort
- Berjaya Langkawi Beach
- Berjaya Langkawi Beach Spa Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Home to Unesco's World GeoPark, discover the island said to have inspired love and miracles. Cocooned within a rainforest sanctuary, Berjaya Langkawi Resort embraces boundless views of emerald waters and green-cushioned mountains. With an array of convention facilities and inspired spa treatments complemented with heartfelt services, moments are filled with a sense of natural connection and harmonious retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, AsiaRooms, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Berjaya Langkawi Resort - Malaysia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.