My husband and I spent a week at the Berjaya for our 25th Wedding Anniversary. The resort is not far from the airport around 15-20 minutes. Since we booked with flight centre we had the extra privilege of MYTime which me3ant we had our own check in and we were greeted promptly and given a welcome drink. It also included 15 percent discount on food and beverages as well as 10 per cent off spa treatments. We were upgraded to a Premier Land Chalet, this was beautiful, completely renovated and full view sea view. The resort is huge, you only realised how busy the place was till it was breakfast we felt it still had a secluded feel about it. Our chalet was room 1201 and we were not far from the main areas of the resort so did not use the shuttle, we only used it when we had dinner at the Thai Restaurant and had a treatment at TARAS Spa. The shuttles were always on the go and fairly prompt. We found the staff very friendly and willing to help in anyway. Breakfast we felt was hit and miss, I think the Dayang could do with a facelift as well as the Beach Restaurant. Breakfast at the Beach Restaurant was a la carte as well as a small buffet offering toast, pastries, fruit and cereals available. Our favourite thing to eat was the Roti with maple syrup. We had dinner at the Beach Restaurant twice it was very nice the Tandoori Sea bass was very fresh. We found coffee to be of a fairly good standard for an Asian destination just the milk was froth but they do their best. Wifi in the rooms was fairly poor and there were a lot of people frustrated and often we would resort to the business centre for quicker service. House cleaning was excellent and often found our bed decorated with a towel arrangement like swans, and chocolates every night. We were given an anniversary cake as well as a bottle of wine for our meal. The resort is a 5 minute shuttle ride to Oriental Village for the Cable Car but you will have to walk back or Taxi as the service is only one way.
The beach was beautiful we went for walks everyday, yes the water is murky but beautifully warm, we hardly swam in the pool. The Flora and the Fauna is spectacular we had Dusky Leaf Monkeys, Macau Monkey (very cheeky), tree snakes, hornbills, flying lemurs, squirrels all at our door step, you just did' t know what was there when you opened the door of your chalet. We found the location of the Berjaya to be perfect its only a 20min ride into Pantai Cenang by taxi a cost of 26RM, we did have dinner one night at the Andaman and yes its a beautiful hotel in a beautiful spot but it is a bit far to get anywhere. We had our dinner at the Pahn Thai on our anniversary this is a must food and views are well worth it .We also had a spa treatment at the Taaras spa which is brand new.This was a very peaceful and relaxing holiday and would defiantly go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Home to Unesco's World GeoPark, discover the island said to have inspired love and miracles. Cocooned within a rainforest sanctuary, Berjaya Langkawi Resort embraces boundless views of emerald waters and green-cushioned mountains. With an array of convention facilities and inspired spa treatments complemented with heartfelt services, moments are filled with a sense of natural connection and harmonious retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, AsiaRooms, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Berjaya Langkawi Resort - Malaysia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berjaya Langkawi Resort - Malaysia Hotel Langkawi
- Berjaya Langkawi Beach Hotel
- Resort Langkawi
- Berjaya Langkawi Beach Spa Resort