We spent 4 nights at Berjaya resort. I had booked a family rainforest chalet for the 4 of us but on arrival we were upgraded to a sea view chalet with interconnecting rooms that was very close to the pool. It was a lovely location and the space inside the chalet was adequate for us. The chalets do look a bit 'rustic' or run down from the outside but ours was done very nicely inside with quality fittings. I was really impressed with how nice the staff were. The variety of activities and facilities at the resort is exceptional with everything available from kayaks to xBox. The pool was interesting with waterfall, rocks, swim-up bar and plenty of staff around. The main swimming beach is a short walk from the pool and there are plenty of activities for hire on offer such as banana boat, jet skis etc. (Also check out the jetski rentals on Cenang beach if you are intending to hire). I thought the breakfast buffet at the hotel was good though a bit pricey. The Indian restaurant was very relaxing and food tasty. The food at the Thai restaurant was excellent but the staff could have been more pleasant. Amongst the guests, there was a good feeling of mutual respect and a nice cultural mix with no single nationality predominating. We rented a car through the hotel and I would really recommend this as it was simple to drive around to local beauty spots. The most surprising thing about the resort for me was how much land it covered. I am not sure I would have enjoyed my stay half as much had our chalet been located further away from the main areas. However, the trade-off for being so close to the main areas is that there is a constant flow of staff riding motor bikes past the chalet right through the night. This was the only real negative for me though it didn't seem to bother my husband or kids. Overall, a really great stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Home to Unesco's World GeoPark, discover the island said to have inspired love and miracles. Cocooned within a rainforest sanctuary, Berjaya Langkawi Resort embraces boundless views of emerald waters and green-cushioned mountains. With an array of convention facilities and inspired spa treatments complemented with heartfelt services, moments are filled with a sense of natural connection and harmonious retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Expedia, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, AsiaRooms, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Berjaya Langkawi Resort - Malaysia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berjaya Langkawi Resort - Malaysia Hotel Langkawi
- Berjaya Langkawi Beach Hotel
- Resort Langkawi
- Berjaya Langkawi Beach Spa Resort