This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel. The main reason for us to select this place was because of the awesome experience we had two years back, and wanted to rekindle that feeling. We came to what was I think an hotel establishment which seems to be (sadly) just slipping by. To explain myself, we arrived in the afternoon where we were greeted by a half dead receptionist, who seems to have been over worked, no smile, just robotic response. Then we were shown to the hotel room and the despite our holiday have been great, out hotel experience left us wondering that we would not take the risk of returning again. For future travellers I would like you to consider 3 things.
1. Sea view - When you hear from your travel agent or via their website, sea view means a different thing for Berjaya Langkawi. When you request for sea view, what you expect is to when open the window you can see the sea. That's not what is really mean to them. What Sea View in Berjaya Langkawi means, in some suits you will not be able to see the sea or at least have a glimpse of it, its just that in your virtual mind you need to imagine the sea is some what close by. Most of the rooms or chalets located are amidst this rainforest (which is a real good experience if you love being in a jungle), but if you love the sea make sure that you get one of the few chalets that are actually right in front of the sea or better yet on the sea (which are a bit expensive).
2. Monkey Problem - It must be said that the hotel informs you in advance and there are plenty of signs that informs you of the Monkey issue, but the problem is when you are faced with one, the response from the hotel is not as forthcoming as you wish it would be. One morning when we were off to breakfast a bunch of monkeys were right in front of our door, and when we opened it they just charged at as. So we closed the door and called the operator informing about the issue and ask someone to help us in getting rid of the monkeys. Alas no one came and we just stood inside the chalet until the Monkey's themselves decided to leave. So if you are selecting a room, select one that is closer to the main lobby as its frequented by people outside most of the monkeys don't come that close. The further you go away from the lobby is where you come across monkeys. However if you are an animal lover and loves to experience monkey's first hand.. I guess the best is to find a chalet way away from the lobby. :)
3. Breakfast Menu - I do understand that usually most hotels serve English Breakfast, but this is going to be really frustrating if you are a guest who stays for a longer period of time. There is nothing to look forward for, cuz its the same. Example, the fruits they served for the whole time we spent there (8 days) is Pineapple, Watermelon, Papaya and Honey Dew. I wouldn't be surprised that if you come across the same. Then you have your usual egg station, bread and rice and curry. Just a suggestion, would be nice to mix it up at least invent a theme, so that guests have a delightful experience each morning while having breakfast.
Those are the 3 things that I would like to point out to the staff and the management of the hotel, if that means anything to them. But if you are going to visit a place like that, I guess just prepare yourself for the above 3.
Nevertheless, the environment is absolutely breathtaking, very relaxing and joyful which makes the whole experience not so bad.
- Also Known As:
- Berjaya Langkawi Resort - Malaysia Hotel
- Berjaya Langkawi Resort - Malaysia Hotel Langkawi
- Berjaya Langkawi Beach Hotel
- Berjaya Langkawi
- Resort Langkawi
- Berjaya Langkawi Beach & Spa Resort
- Berjaya Langkawi Beach
- Berjaya Langkawi Beach Spa Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Home to Unesco's World GeoPark, discover the island said to have inspired love and miracles. Cocooned within a rainforest sanctuary, Berjaya Langkawi Resort embraces boundless views of emerald waters and green-cushioned mountains. With an array of convention facilities and inspired spa treatments complemented with heartfelt services, moments are filled with a sense of natural connection and harmonious retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, AsiaRooms, getaroom.com, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Berjaya Langkawi Resort - Malaysia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.