Where do i begin? Firstly, if you are reading this review researching resorts on Langkawi then please do yourself a favour and read no further - just book!!
Its hard to single out any one aspect of our stay at the Berjaya which stood out above any other, everything was absolutely fantastic.
Every single employee we encountered, from airport driver, to receptionists , to shuttle drivers, to concierge, to maids, to restaurant staff were happy, efficient, helpful and always welcoming.
We were booked into a rainforest chalet on track 5 which is a bit up there at the back but still within walking distance to the lobby area. Every morning we had our own little nature trail on the way down to breakfast, spotting flying lemurs, monkeys and lizards. It is quite steap though so we made good use of the shuttle service back up the hill to our room, we were on holiday after all!! The little shuttle carts were very efficient and you never have to wait long, they even go over to the Oriental Villiage which is a nice service. We thought our room was great quality, everything from the bed to the air con seemed in good condition and while there was no bath the walk in shower was out of this world) We really couldnt understand the negative reviews some guests have left regarding the rooms seeming old and dated, this definately was not our impression of our stay.
There are 4 restaurants on the resort to choose from aswell as room service and the sunken pool bar, we ate in only a couple and found the food to be very reasonably priced considering the high standard. Eating fresh fish and chips and drinking cocktails in the beach restaurant whilst looking our over the bay was one of the highlights of our entire holiday (watch out for the Berjaya Green tea though - those things are lethal! :0P )
The pool area is outstanding with plently of beds to go around, there was only a single occassion where we couldnt find one but this just meant we ended up on the beach where there are loads more and the change of view proved a hit. The resort has its own stretch of beach but we stuck to swimming in the for convenience only, the water looked clean and inviting but it is a natural beach so expect crabs and the threat of jellyfish.
We loved the Berjayas remote location, while it may be a fair distance from the jetty for boat trips, Kuah and some of the islands attractions it is only minutes away from the Oriental village, the cable car and the Seven Wells Waterfalls.
As you have probable guessed, our stay here was a wonderful experience and we were actually sad to leave for the next stage of our holiday. We spoke to a few other couples who all shared our opinions, a few of them were on their 9th visit with no lacking in their enthusiasm. Coming back to experience one of the sea view chalets is now definately on our list of things to do!
A big thank you to all who made our stay so memorable!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Home to Unesco's World GeoPark, discover the island said to have inspired love and miracles. Cocooned within a rainforest sanctuary, Berjaya Langkawi Resort embraces boundless views of emerald waters and green-cushioned mountains. With an array of convention facilities and inspired spa treatments complemented with heartfelt services, moments are filled with a sense of natural connection and harmonious retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo, Agoda, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Berjaya Langkawi Resort - Malaysia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berjaya Langkawi Resort - Malaysia Hotel Langkawi
- Berjaya Langkawi Beach Hotel
- Resort Langkawi
- Berjaya Langkawi Beach Spa Resort