“You don't get what you pay for ” 1 of 5 stars

You added Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort to your Saves list
Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Teluk Nibong, Langkawi 07000, Malaysia   |
Ranked #47 of 100 Hotels in Langkawi
“You don't get what you pay for ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I can't emphasize this any stronger - Don't stay here! Move on to find other accommodation.

The hotel is run down, the food quality is bad, and the staff service is sad.

I beach hotel is hard to keep in good shape, but the management of this one is making an effort on neglecting the maintenance and cleanliness of this one.

My car was hit by another car in the parking lot and I blame the hotel for not having enough parking space.
They allow cars to park in the narrow transit areas, leaving VERY little space to maneuver; it's no wonder that the accident happened.

Disappointed it's how I feel about staying at this place.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Ipoh, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This hotel is located on an isolated stretch of shoreline to the Northeast of Langkawi island, not too far from the airport but quite a fair distance from Kuah town, the main shopping district of Langkawi. If you are staying here, it is best to hire a car. That way, you are able to explore the island at your own convenience. Back to the hotel; The buffet breakfast is good, but not outstanding. I found some of the local delicacies, like the roti canai and roti jala, to be a bit dry. I stayed in a superior room, the room is spacious & comfortable, but one of the marble tiles in the shower cubicle was cracked and falling off the wall. The swimming pool with the sunken bar was a decent size and well maintained. The jacuzzi in the fitness club below the gym was out of order when I was there. Now here is my biggest grouse with this resort: Even though its name suggests it is a beach resort, I wouldn't consider the so-called beach next to the fitness club as a beach at all! Both the beaches at this resort(the other one is next to the swimming pool) has many huge boulders and rocks, some of them concealed during the high tide, which could be dangerous to unwary swimmers. I was there for 3 nights and everyday I swam in the pool.

All in all, this resort is a good place to relax away from the hustle and bustle of city life, but it falls short of the expectations of a 5-star facility, which it is supposed to be.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

When I selected this hotel was based on the location away from the centre of Langkawai, where I could have my own beach, gym, good pool and food to do not go anywhere!!
The hotel price is very affordable consider what does it has to offer.
If you want an alone scape with charm, this is the place!

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
melb
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

From the moment we arrived the service and the presentation was amazing. I was suspicious of the negative reviews of this resort and Im glad i was. We we stayed at this resort for our honeymoon and booked the jacuzzi sea view room. It was clean, the perfect set up, fantastic views, well kept and just overall comfortable and luxurious. A small shuttle is sent to each little villa (if you book one) and takes you back and forth from the lobby or restaurants around the resort. Otherwise you can walk, which is just as lovely due to the picturesque tropical rain forest like surroundings. The pool was gorgeous overlooking the beach and very clean with a sit down bar attached. The buffet at the feast restaurant was delicious both for breakfast and dinner, but they do need to advertise it more as many guests didn't realize a buffet was available due to lack of marketing. On our last day i spoke to one of the concierge staff who kindly drove us in a hotel taxi to the main shopping street and asked him why there were 2 sheratons in langkawi (4 points and the sheraton beach resort). He explained that one of the owners opened 4 points up and took all the staff with him/her. Hence they were understaffed for a whilst and needed to re-coup. Secondly all the bad reviews started coming out, which started from one person complaining about a nail sticking out of plank in the hotel somewhere, possibly causing injury. Although that was an unfortunate accident and mistake, it took one vindictive person to give a bad review, focus on one bad incident forget everything positive about a place to destroy a would be beautiful place to visit and stay. So please take my word for it. This resort is worth it. Its a few mins from the shops and main areas, but there are always taxi's readily available, fantastic food, service, and scenery.

Room Tip: sea view rooms are perfect, great porch and a good stroll across the path
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel is beautiful but a little old now. Still clean and nice. The room I stay had a small balcony and sea view. Bathroom have tub which access to the room like a window. Pool is sizeable and nice, location of the hotel is good and near to attractions.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Puchong, Selangor, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have read the negative reviews about this resort: rundown, old, tired, not up to the standard and etc. I would have to admit from outside it does look not so "high class" anymore. My friends and I came in at night and there it was, we were greeted with darkness. The lights weren't sufficient enough to lit the corridors of the main lobby and there was no atmosphere. When we asked a man who was standing at the bellboy counter, he was on the phone, looked at us and paused before attending to us. We had dinner at the Feast Restaurant. No one was there to attend to us and we tried to look for the menu ourselves. A staff assisted us and I can tell she was chewing a gum or was she eating earlier before attending us.

The restaurant looks good, new chairs and clean. The menu was such a big disappointment. It was a laminated menu and such a limited dishes to chose from. I am not picky but cmon! Sheraton???

Food taste was good. Not great but good. Portion was average and it was quite filling after. We had Tequila Sunrise, Long Island Iced Lemon Tea and Sheraton Punch. The Long Island Iced Lemon Tea was in a wrong glass. The staff who took our drinks does not know much about the drinks and answered us, "I am not sure." Aren't u gonna ask your superior or senior? Supervisor perhaps??? Oh well..never mind...

If the rooms and the rest of the facilities are already below the standard of any Starwood Properties....plus the poor product knowledge and service, hey Sheraton! Why keep your name in this resort? Starwood! What r u doing???

PS: Main lobby's bathroom cannot be use as well.

#shame

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Dirty bathroom, dirty bedding, dead bugs on wall, dismal unkept ground, awful gym and equipment. Non existent or very slow in room Internet, painfully slow internet in the lobby. Aircon in one room not working, told it takes one hour for room to cool down, moved rooms still encountered problems.

Very bad holiday worst I have had in 10 years living in Asia

Stayed April 2015
SheratonLangkawi, General Manager at Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear CTItravellers,

I regret for the disappointment you had expressed in regards to your recent stay with us.

Please feel free to contact me via email : peter.athan@fourpointskuching.com with details of your stay, as I would like to look into the points raised personally.

I look forward to hear from you soon.

Warm regards.

Peter Athan
Acting General Manager

Been to Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort? Share your experiences!