“Cleanliness is very poor” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Century Langkawi Beach Resort

You added Century Langkawi Beach Resort to your Saves list
Century Langkawi Beach Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   jalan Teluk Nibong, Langkawi 07000, Malaysia (Formerly Century Four Points Resort)   |
Ranked #55 of 99 Hotels in Langkawi
“Cleanliness is very poor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The furniture is really old, cleanliness is poor; lizards & insects everywhere I coludn't sleep well, services are poor , maintenance low, I came to my room most of lights r not functioning; streets r dark the area of my room all lights r burned!! It's really sad to see this low quality in Sheraton

• Stayed August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkawi Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Nedaassem,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us in this review.

It is regrettable that your recent stay with us did not live up to the expectations that other Sheraton properties have provided for you.

I apologize for your experience and the inconvenience caused. Please feel free to contact me directly at kumar.renoo@sheraton.com as I would like to personally look into the issue raised.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

What they don't tell you on the website is that you get moved around in turbo buggies at which after a meal you end up feeling like you have been at an amusement park.
The rooms are old and I woke up with a sore back.
The chefs are trainee kids that are still experimenting with customer service! There was a faulty switch that turned off the mains.
Definitely not the Sheraton I was expecting.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Salim S
Dear Salim S,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us in this review.

We appreciate the feedback that you have provided, as it enables us to continue monitor and take action to improve for better guest experience.

Whilst many guests appreciate the shuttle service we offer for their convenience to move around the resort, however, I have taken note of your comment regarding the uncomfortable journey. Please be assured that our shuttle bus drivers have been made aware of the point raised and maintenance work is carried out in stages to improve the condition of pathways within the resort to provide a more comfortable experience.

As I would like to look into the faulty switch issue personally, please contact me at kumar.renoo@sheraton.com.

Once again, I regret for your experience and thank you very much for your valuable feedback.

Kind regards.

Travelers are raving about these Langkawi hotels

Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

we had really nice time in this hotel, room was big and great, clean, and nature ... they are really made us happy all the time with the service. Langkawi is only small town so was surprised that they have this beautiful resort. One of the best hotels we've stayed in.

Worth to try, travellers !

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rabbit C
Dear Rabbit C,

Thank you for this great review of your stay.

It is a pleasure to hear that you had a memorable experience at Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort.

We strive to provide a high level of personalized service to all guests and to receive feedback such as yours is very reassuring and motivating.

Once again, thank you very much for this review, the team and I look forward to welcoming you when you are back in Langkawi.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Had a superb time with the family it had everything you needed at the hotel. I loved the pancakes every morning at breakfast. The staff were really friendly and since langkawi was quite small we knew the staff and met them in the markets sometimes it was a great place to stay. Possibly one of the best hotels ive stayed in.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Laher11
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Whether you book the Sheraton Beach Resort Langkawi depends on your expectations for the money you spend. Will you accept a hotel where the “very good” stops at the room? That is undoubtedly a winner, but the hotel is stingy on basics things travellers have come to expect, like coffee, sugar, creamer. We didn’t even know it gave complimentary water until Day 3 of our four day stay, because we weren’t given any, and only once.
The photographs on the hotel booking website, whose name is similar to “pagoda,” did not tell a fair story and in fact wrongly sold the hotel. The pool does not look like its picture, neither does the restaurant or beach. (The restaurant in question was closed and we took a photograph of the way it looked). The water near the hotel smells of sewage and the hotel is in the middle of renovation, which it needs. Perhaps by Christmas, the hotel may be worth more of its charge. Otherwise, book a more basic room with a much better location, like Pantai Tengah or Pantai Cenang, near great beaches and walking distance to restaurants and shopping. Unlike the Sheraton which is by itself and needs you to take taxis or hire a car.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank WellTravelled1892
Dear WellTravelled1892,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

We appreciate your comments and regret to hear that your recent experience with us was not to your expectations. I apologize for the inconvenience caused on this occasion.

I have also taken note of your comments and team members concern have been made aware of the points raised. Please be assured that we continually strive to improve the facilities and service we offer for guest satisfaction.

Once again, thank you very much for your valuable feedback.

Kuala Lumpur
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

My hubby and I stayed here for 2 nights, and although the hotel and our room could do with some refurbishment, I actually had a good night's sleep!

For one, the mini fridge in the room didn't work, neither did the lights in the wardrobes. Also, the lights outside the room were out so when we came back to our rooms at night, we had to fumble in the dark for the door.

The sea view rooms are not stand alone, there are I think another 3 rooms nearby in a U shape layout. Since the floors are wooden, we could hear the Chinese family staying next door stomping around outside. Suffice to say we could hear them shouting outside our room as well.

The Jacuzzi looked old and so does the sink, but at least the sink appeared clean. The shower rack had broken off/disappeared so we had to put our shampoo and bath gel on the floor.

The hotel has a shuttle to take guests from the lobby to their rooms, but unfortunately it takes us through what looked like a junk yard of golf carts, broken down shuttles and the employees' quarters. We also could see the dumpsters for the rubbish. Not a very good first impression, especially when we haven't seen the rooms or the grounds of the hotel yet. Thankfully on the 2nd day the shuttle took us onto another route and we could see that one part of the road was newly patched up. Maybe the reason we had to take the back road was because of the road works, but we were not informed about it upfront.

We took a walk in the morning from our room to the pool, and actually the wooden board works look like they're in good condition. Some parts of the grounds especially with the deck chairs look relaxing, and I would imagine some people would want to sit there for the whole day.

The bar, Chime, looks dark and unappealing, and with beer at RM12, when you can buy a bottle at the duty free shop for RM3.50, it's no wonder nobody's going in. I saw people sitting at the outdoor chairs with canopies which looked nice, but the atmosphere wasn't great.

If you do stay at the Sheraton, I would recommend taking a bit of a drive out to Shin Mi for seafood. There are plenty of rave reviews about the place, and we found the food and service to be very, very good. Fresh fish, prawns, well cooked, even the vegetables are done to perfection. We saw reservations for people coming all the way from the Datai!

All in all, there is room for improvement and I hope that it will be refurbished and revived to its former glory days. And oh, don't leave any bottle unopened. We finished a bottle of plum wine and left the bottle (with a wide opening) open in our room and the next morning we found a drunk lizard inside. Yucks!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MakanShoppingQueen
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkawi Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear MakanShoppingQueen,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

Your feedback is much valued and appreciated. I am sorry to hear that your recent experience with us did not leave you with a positive lasting impression of the resort. I apologize for your experience and the inconvenience caused.

Please be assured that team members concern have been made aware of the points raised and strive to make improvements to enhance our standards for guest satisfaction.

Once again, I regret for the inconvenience caused on this occasion and thank you very much for your valuable feedback. If there is an opportunity for us to restore your faith in us, please feel free to contact me at kumar.renoo@sheraton.com.

Warm regards.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This is a really vast resort, location on a less frequented part of Langkawi. I stayed at a Seaview room with Jacuzzi ...

The parts I like:
1) Ticks all the checklist, from a facilities point of view - restaurants, fitness center, infinity pool...
2) Inside our room, which was quite spacious, you again, tick all the checklist - Jacuzzi, bath, balcony, TV ...
3) There is a shuttle running 24 hours taking you from the lobby to your room and vice versa. And we've never had to wait for more than a few minutes for the shuttle.

The parts I didn't quite like:
1) The resort is aging. It's quite clear in just about everything - our bathroom tiles were yellowish from age, and bath fixtures are missing. The wood along the walkway along the beach is quite aged. The paths along the resort, too, are pretty aged, and full of potholes.
2) The location - Sheraton isn't really located near any of the major attractions in Langkawi. This is both a plus and a minus. If the resort was in better condition, allowing me to spend more time within it, I'd say this would have been a plus, but in its current condition, I'd say it's a minus. There aren't much food choices nearby unless you have transport.
3) The facilities in my room, while checking all of the checklist, aren't all in good order. My minibar fridge doesn't work, while the Jacuzzi looks so aged, I didn't feel like using it at all.

Also note:
Not every seaview room will give you seaview in the real sense - most are blocked by overgrown vegetation (such as mine), and some rooms, while still facing the sea, technically, afford very little sea view in reality.

Not generally recommended, I think there are many better choices, both in terms of location, as well as condition.

Room Tip: Not all seaview rooms have good seaviews. If possible, make sure you have a room that actually face...