“Great Stay ..” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 98 hotels in Langkawi
Islamabad, Pakistan
“Great Stay ..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We booked Sheraton Langkawi Beach resort for 3 nights. The check in was very smooth and we were served with chilled lemon drink in the hot weather which was very refreshing. The resort is wonderful, very clean and spacious. The service was good and the staff was very helpful. There is battery charged shuttle between rooms to lobby and is on call basis, will usually arrive within minutes. The driver will also help in moving some luggage to the room. Room amenities are good, no problem with any kind of service and free wifi in every room.

There are 3 restaurants inside the resort which offer a variety of food, captain’s grill and feast being the best. A convenience shop is also located next to the lobby incase you want to buy some stuff but it’s expensive as compared to the local market. The only bad thing about the resort is that it’s a bit far from the main city center/eating places and it usually takes about 20 mins to the city center. Taxi will charge you about RM 20 (Day Time).

The attractions such as the oriental village/cable car to sky bridge, crocodile farm, Telega Habour are very near-by and all are very good. The climate is hot and it rains almost every day so don’t forget to take the water bottles and umbrella. It was a great stay and will definitely come back again to this resort.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear AsadTariq,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review.

It was a pleasure to note how much you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the service you received from our associates.

Your kind comments are greatly appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

1,111 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Booked the Sheraton last minute and recieved a good rate, not cheap, but reasonable, I believe that in most circumstances you get what you pay for! Having experienced other Sheraton hotels I was not too worried about the hotel and did not really look into it before hand as I had always found then to be good hotels that are clean! You arrive at the Sheraton and it has a lovely reception area, cool and welcoming, booking in is relatively easy and the view from here out to the ocean is fabulous. Then sadly it all goes down hill. Our stay was out of season but even so the place was dirty and very tired, the grounds very overgrown and unsafe broken paths, rotted wood on bridges. Coconuts falling down all the time on walkways and in bathing areas. Dirty tables, unswept floors and I'm really sorry to say it but poo in the public toilet areas by the pool stayed there for the whole three days of our stay, all over the seat and the wall. I did mention it but nothing was done. I don't want to harp on about the place so negatively, we actually had a lovely holiday in langkawi with friendly people and a lovely part of the country the sea is warm. Watch out for the jelly fish in season and the monitor lizard lurking on the beach!! We went out every day from the hotel and had some lovely meals, but I would not stay at the Sheraton again it needs a total renovation to take this place back to what can still be seen as its former glory.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Vickie P,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us in this review.

I am sorry that you were disappointed by your experience at the Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort. I am never proud to know that we have failed to delight a guest, but I do value and appreciate all feedback.

Your comments on the maintenance and cleanliness issues you encountered during your stay with us are concerning. I would like to assure you that the points you raised have been taken seriously by our management team and the issues that you mentioned will be acted upon.

Please be assured also that normally every effort is made to minimize the discomfort to our guests and again, I would like to offer our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused on this occasion.

Many thanks for your feedback and if there is an opportunity for us to restore your faith in this resort, please contact me at kumar.renoo@sheraton.com.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Decided to give this resort another try even thou we had a few hiccups last year. We liked the location and the surrounding areas and we are so glad we did.

The resort is quite spread out and a mixture of bungalows and small blocks of rooms, they have used lots of wood and traditional styling to give of a very natural and welcoming environment. We used the pool which is a lovely area with a swim up bar and beautiful view, lots of walk ways for strolling around, a well equipped fitness centre with modern equipment, spa and a steam room.

We had breakfast each morning at Feast and there was plenty of variety and food was of a good standard. Great egg chef and my husband loved the steamboat noodles each morning. There is a little shop near the lobby which is handy to buy drinks, ice creams and toiletries. We ordered room service on one night and had the Indian cuisine and it was perfect and not that expensive.

Our room was lovely and clean with a great layout and a lovely view. All the usual bits and pieces, with nice toiletries and two bathrobes. Safe in the room and everything else you could need.

I think the biggest plus is the staff.

I was a little critical last year when we visited as I found the staff were pretty unhelpful and disinterested. I didn't find this to be the case this time. There seems to have been a complete attitude change at the resort and the staff were so much nicer to deal with. I really felt this is where the five star standard comes in. We found no problem that couldn't be fixed easily and felt welcome and looked after.

If a few leaves in the pool or a broken tile here and there are very important to your holiday then this might not be the resort for you (just by sheer location it can be difficult to get things fixed straight away) But if you are looking for a natural environment where yes there might be a bug or two with great service, then I can recommend this resort without reservation.

A special thank you to Valerie Ong who took the time to say hello and chat to myself and our family giving us a few holiday pointers and generally just being a nice person on more than one occasion. She is a huge asset to the resort and the Sheraton brand.

Already looking forward to our next visit - thanks again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear chris_reid00,

Thank you very much for your kind review.

It was a pleasure to note how much you have enjoyed your stay with us this time and we would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity to restore your faith in this Resort.

Our associates are the greatest asset for this resort and they are the savior when comes to guest satisfaction. I am glad to know that they have made you feel special and belong during your recent stay. Please be assured that I have shared your compliments with them as well as our Rooms Division Manager, Ms. Valerie Ong for exceeding our guest’s expectations.

We value our guest’s comments and regularly reviews with the team members to ensure action has been taken to improve to enhance our guest experience.

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to provide us with this review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I'm a return guest with dissatisfaction. I remembered my first stay there in 2010, the experience was excellent. But the standard has dropped tremendously.

The resort is very poorly maintained. The room was full of mosquitoes, millipedes, insects and red ants. I had to spent 20 mins to get rid of the ants from my luggage!!!! It feels so itchy to stay there!

The linen was not change even though we left the "Change Linen" card on the bed. We got sleep on the mosquito blood stained linen throughout our stay.

The F&B was disappointing too. I remembered Captain Grill used to served tasty food. The standard has dropped too. The marinate is so salty that it ruin the steak taste. Breakfast served at the Feast is cold. Worse of all, the pastry served were overnight. It's so hard...

My advice: Give it a miss, don't let it ruin your holidays.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Xiaobell,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us in this review.

I would like to apologize for the displeasure you had expressed in regards to your recent stay with us.

The shortfalls in our room maintenance as well as food quality that you encountered are very much regretted. We value our guest’s comments and please be assured issues you have raised have been addressed with team members concerned to ensure our guests are not similarly disappointed in the future.

Again, I regret for the disappointment and inconvenience caused. We hope you would give us an opportunity to make improvements and let us welcome you back whenever you are in Langkawi.

Thank you and kind regards.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed here for about 6 days, and when we first arrived, although they made a mistake with our room, they rectified it very quickly. The staff are very friendly, if not a little under trained, however all of the staff were very pleasant and were able to help us when required. I would not recommend using their tourist office to book an adventure, as the staff their didn't seem to know what they were talking about. The resort itself is beautiful and there are so many places of the resort to explore. We had the opportunity to see a lot of the wild life that shares the resorts, however be careful with the monkeys as they can be very mischievous! The restaurants are a little expensive, however they offer good quality food and a pleasant dining experience. We were very relaxed and enjoyed our time laying by the pool and experiencing what the resort had to offer.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Gabriella G,

We thank you for taking the time to provide us with the feedback of your stay with us.

It is always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their stay.

Our associates are the savior when comes to guest satisfaction and they deserved to be recognized when guest’s expectations are met. I shall share your compliments with them.

On a different note, I regret for the disappointment you had expressed regarding your experience with Sala Tours & Travel. Please be assured that I have raised your comments with the Manager in charge to avoid any future disappointment.

Again, thank you very much for your kind review and choosing to stay with us for your holidays. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed 4 nights in late April and I have to say that we were disappointed overall. Quite simply it needs significant investment in upgrading/maintenance and in a lot of cases staff training.

The pool setting is beautiful (especially in the sun) but the tiles in the pool need a bit of cleaning / replacement. Not a criticism but as an FYI if you have kids was little by way of slides/pool activities for them.

The buffet breakfast was ok but staff need to be more proactive in tea/coffee service and clearing plates. Not quite their fault, they're ok when asked but they seemed short staffed and undertrained.

Rooms were pleasingly spacious but again are looking a fraction tired in parts/finishings

The beach itself is average and the resort is poorly lit at night

The resort is ok but just can't carry the Sheraton brand and the associated cost.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Robin D,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review.

It is regrettable that your stay with us did not meet the expectations that other Sheraton properties have provided for you. One of the major purposes of online reviews is to highlight areas for improvement and your feedback provides our hotel with valuable information that we can review to improve on for the future.

Please accept our sincere apologies for your experience. We will certainly review your comments on the performance of our service especially at breakfast to ensure we are able to provide the best service possible moving forward.

Once again, I regret for the disappointment and many thanks for your valuable feedbacks. We hope that you would give us an opportunity to make improvements and let us welcome you back.

Kiwi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Greetings Tan Lee Fong (Sales Manager),

Thank you very much for the wonderful stay at Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort as a returned guest. I appreciate the staff there and can rely on there assistance to make my stay as comfortable as possible.

I would also like to send out a Thank you recommendation to RufieQue Qiesya (Food and Beverage) and other staff I have come in contact with or who know me as Uncle Bob. Without these people I could not experience the culture, the food and the local knowledge they have to offer their guests.

Once again I appreciate your assistance and no doubt your team will see me again in the near future.

Terima Kasih

Uncle Bob

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear BrudaT,

Thank you very much for your kind review.

I was very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and most importantly you were well taken care of by our dedicated associates.

Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and thank you for letting me know how impressed you were with the service you received especially from Ms. Tan Lee Fong and Mr. Rafiq. I shall share your compliments with them.

Once again, thank you for your time. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards.

Been to Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort? Share your experiences!