“Excellent place to relax, unwind and enjoy the water sports.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Century Four Points Resort

You added Century Four Points Resort to your Saves list
Century Four Points Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Teluk Nibong, Langkawi 07000, Malaysia (Formerly Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort)   |
Ranked #50 of 100 Hotels in Langkawi
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Excellent place to relax, unwind and enjoy the water sports.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

A beautiful place in the beautiful Islands of Langkawi. The location is very close to the airport and everything else is close by.

The rooms layout and cleanliness is remarkable. Breakfast is just excellent and staff are very friendly.

Definitely will go back to the same hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Four Points Resort, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear MazDxb,

Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience at the Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort in this review.

It is great to hear when guests enjoyed their holidays and leave with a positive lasting impression of the Resort.

Many thanks for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel is a Sheraton brand but is in need of renovation. It is located near the airport but not close to any major tourist strips. It is spread over several acres and mostly a motor cart from the concierge is required to get you to your room and back. These at times can be quite noisy. Reception staff were helpful but seemed inexperienced. Nice for a quiet relaxing time around the pool. The times we tried to book the restaurant it was either closed or had a private function. The seafood restaurant just down the road enjoyed our custom. The rooms are spacious but dated. Hot water was good but the fridge was not working but was quickly fixed. The breakfast area is good with ample selection. Just be careful of the monkeys, both on your balcony and around the breakfast area. There were a lot of flies when we stayed but if people were courteous enough to close the breakfast room door behind them they would not be as big an issue, after all you are in the tropics. Free Wi-fi access was available.Overall an enjoyable stay but 3 days was enough.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to water are best. Best to dine at the seafood restaurant 300 metres from the resort. T...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Four Points Resort, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear B K,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort in this review.

It is nice to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us. We value all feedbacks from our guests, as this is the only way to ensure we continually improve our product and service. While I cannot physically change the hotel, I can always improve the standard of our service and hospitality and have therefore reviewed your comments with our team members.

I do sincerely hope you will accept that the difficulties you experienced are certainly not reflective of our normal standards. Please be assured that normally every effort is made to minimize the discomfort to our guests and I would like to offer our sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused on this occasion.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

i stayed at this resort again as i had very good experiences previously about 2 years ago. I did not believe this time that the standards has dropped so badly. i booked this resort to celebrate our anniversary but was very dissapointed this time.
checked in was fine and we were drived to our lovely chalet/room. After checking in around 4pm, we left our luggages and tried to switch on all lights. we realised immediately that many lights were not working!!! hence i called up front desk and reported the problem and asked them to send their technician to repair while we were out from the room. we returned to our room after some duty free shopping in town and also dinner. to our dissapointment, the lightings were not repaired and this time, even the airconditioned cannot be switched on!
I called up up the front desk and confronted them with the issues i had with the room and requested to have our room changed. the reception cannot give me a definite answer that my request for room change was possible and asked me to wait for them to return call.
this was my worst experience with hotel stay as it took them more than 2 hours to figure out my room change request. no one returned call to my room to update me on the status of my room change request. I called up every 20minutes to complaint and there was twice , there were no on picked up at their guest service line!!!
When she picked up finally and i expressed my disspoinment as i was very tired waiting for room change as it was past 12 midnight, the lady raised her voice to show he irritation towards my complaint. Her rude voice made my temperature to boiling point and immediately i asked her for her name and if there was a necessity to raise her voice towards her guests? her name was Lynn or Lin. i requested to speak to the manager and his name is Richard. It took Richard another 40minutes to sort out my room change request!! i cannot believe Starwood standard!
Finally after 2 hours plus, we got our room changed. the first thing i went to the new room, i was greeted by dead lizzard on the trash bin. the room was shouting for refurbishment and due to us being very tired, we had no energy to complaint further and went to bed straightway.
The next morning when we woke up, we realised that water was dropping from the airconditioned and the water dripped into our big luggage which was placed on the luggage table/chair/compartment.
We immediately took down our luggage and left it on the floor. Due to our scheduled activities the next day, we had no time to waste to further complaint! more importantly, we do not want to go out in a bad mood. We chose to stop complaining and decided to check out the following day after our planned sight seeing.
Breakfast was nothing to shout about and food replenishment were very slow. Most of the food trays were empty in a 4/5 star hotel???coffee and teas tasted awful!
we dined in Captain's grill on the second night and the food were okay and service was good too. at least this is a plus point
Overall, this is by far our worst experience among the starwood hotels we have stayed, perhaps we always have very good experiences with the other Starwoods previously.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Four Points Resort, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear globetraveller32,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with this review.

I am sorry that you were disappointed by your experience at the Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort. I am never proud to know that we have failed to delight a guest, but I do value and appreciate all feedback.

Please feel free to contact me at kumar.renoo@sheraton.com so I can investigate this further, as I would appreciate the chance to prevent similar events from occurring.

I sincerely apologize for the disappointment and inconvenience caused.

Meanwhile, I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you and kind regards.
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Check in was slow, despite the different room rate that were stated in my form. Staff probably is a new staff.. As what I've been informed, due to system error. I was given twin bedded room, which is I'm fine with, except, the location is far. And I'm the type that go out and in 5 times a day.I found it quite annoying have to wait and ask the lorry driver to send me to the room, in the end I just walk and its quite exhausting. The area was nice, very calm and relaxing. Swimming pool quite small and seems old, the lobby is great, how ever, Link @ Sheraton, Wi-Fi access, totally not up to my standard. Compare with Sheraton Kuala Lumpur,Sheraton Langkawi Link is totally messed up. No PC and wifi is utterly slow. However staff service was good. As usual, Tips will do the magic.Sour face to smiley face. Gym, was old, equipment is aging, but its OK for normal work out. Anyhow, main point to improve, Link @ Sheraton, aging swimming pool, lighting at night at some area which totally need to be looked at.

Room Tip: Ask for nearest room, easy access to go in and out.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Four Points Resort, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Rudy_Azman,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with the feedback about your stay with us.

Firstly, I would like to apologize for the inconveniences caused and not meeting your expectations in regards to link@sheraton.

We truly appreciate your open and honest feedback about your experience at our hotel over the holiday, as such information enables us to continually monitor and improve the service we are offering.

This property has not been fully renovated since 2005 and I am genuinely hopeful this is in the near future and your comments on our swimming pool have been noted or suitably addressed in any forthcoming plans. Your comments on our outdoor lighting are concerning.
Please rest assured this has been looked into priority with our maintenance team for better guest experience and safety purposes.

Again, I regret for the inconvenience caused and thank you very much for your valuable feedback. We hope you will give us the opportunity to make improvements and let us welcome you back.

Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I've had opportunities to stay in a few Starwood properties and this "resort" definitely doesn't meet Sheraton standards.

The overall property is not well kept: dried leaves everywhere, glass windows looked like they were never wiped ever and had green moss-like stains, small and dirty pool, non-air conditioned restaurants, bad food, dark and dusty rooms.

On top of the disappointing property, the staff weren't helpful. When we checked out, the bill had incorrect restaurant charges which we challenged and asked the staff to show us the signed receipts. They then said that it's not their problem and they refused to help us clarify the charges. We were so infuriated and asked for the manager. The manager was helpful and cleared it all up which is really the only good part of our stay.

If you want a good relaxing vacation, avoid this property.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear maiatheexplorer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with the feedback about your stay with us.

It is regrettable that your stay with us did not meet the expectations that previous Sheraton Hotels have provided for you.

One of the major purposes of online reviews is to highlight areas for improvement and your feedback provides our hotel with valuable information that we can review to improve on for the future. Your comments on the property maintenance are concerning and I can assure this has been addressed with those concern but clearly had a major impact on your experience.

I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the disappointment you have expressed regarding the service you received at our Front Desk upon check out. Whilst I can assure you that any neglect experienced on this occasion would have been as a result of thoughtlessness rather than intent, you have my assurances that the issues raised have been addressed to prevent a similar reoccurrence in the future.

Again, I regret for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your valuable feedback. We hope you will give us the opportunity to make improvements and let us welcome you back. If I can be of further assistance, please contact me at kumar.renoo@sheraton.com.

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Overall this hotel was ok. Nothing too great or bad about it. Some parts are starting to show it's age (like pool, fitness room...) while other places it was just not maintained very well like the outdoor lighting which there was none which made for pretty scary trips at night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Four Points Resort, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Phiota,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide this review.

We truly appreciate your feedback regarding your stay with us at the Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort.

The property has not been fully renovated since 2005 and I am genuinely hopeful this is in the near future and your comments have been noted or suitably addressed in any forthcoming plans.

Your comments on the insufficient outdoor lightings during night time are concerning. You have my assurances that this has been looked into priority with our maintenance team for improvement. I am sorry to hear of your experience.

Once again, thank you very much for your valuable feedback. We hope you will give us the opportunity to make improvements and let us welcome you back.

Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Over the past few years, I have had opportunities to stay at a few Starwood properties. I have always respected the brand. I have even had the rare experience of having a good time at some of their properties rated poorly on Tripadvisor.

My stay at their Langkwai Beach resort was however disappointing. Probably because of my high expectations.

The resort should not call itself a beach resort. The two beaches on the property are tiny and not well kept. This for us, was the most disappointing aspect of our stay.

There were several other things. The most offensive part for me was the front desk's denial in giving us water bottles We were served three bottles in the morning. By evening, we felt like we'll need two-three more. We asked for some and were told that the resort serves two bottles per day. This, frankly, is an extremely cheap thing to do. One only asks water when in need. It isnt a luxury and for the prices we're paying, the guests should get as much water as they can.

I had to haggle for a bottle of water at a 'luxury' beach resort.

This coupled with other incidents (our room AC wasnt working immediately on the day we checked in (worked after an engineer fixed it), our jacuzzi was funcitonal, but ancient and broken; dead lizards in our friends' room; monitor lizards in the compound..) .. didnt lend itself well with us.

Certainly disappointing.

Room Tip: 'Sea view Chalets' only offer a good view of the sea and are not right next to the beach. Ju...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Four Points Resort, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear vamsi c,

Thank you very much for your loyalty to the Starwood Properties.

It is regrettable that your recent stay at the Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort did not leave you with a luxury experience that other Starwood Properties have provided for you.

I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the disappointment you have expressed regarding the service you received from our Front Desk in regards to your request for additional bottles of drinking water and the inconvenience caused. We do pride ourselves on being able to accommodate our guests’ requirements. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

Thank you for your comments about the maintenance issues you encountered in your guestroom – please feel free to contact me at kumar.renoo@sheraton.com so I can check on this further.

Again, I regret for the disappointment and thank you for your valuable feedback. I look forward to hear from you soon.