“Nice place but...” 3 of 5 stars

Stay Longer For Less
Ranked #5 of 96 Hotels in Langkawi
“Nice place but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Nice place but there is a distinct disregard for details in every aspect( cleanliness ,pool and pool bar toilet...),room cleaning and facilities .Nice stuff but the responsuve of the stuff are variable.Seems to be the management are not doing well tge job.but it is a nice place to go with family and chill.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
AndamanLangkawi, Executive Assistant Manager at The Andaman, A Luxury Collection Resort, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Angeliuswings,
Thank you for choosing The Andaman as part of your return to Langkawi… and thank you for posting this review on Trip Advisor.
I am delighted to know that you enjoyed our resort location… and I would certainly agree with you. The Andaman is set inside the 10 million year old rainforest on a coral sand beach. National Geographic says that this is the 9th best beach in the world, and we agree! I give credit to the original architect of The Andaman for designing the hotel such that the hotel is inside the rainforest.
I do acknowledge your remarks regarding our cleanliness issue around the resort and our housekeeping service. We reviewed your comments as a team at our daily briefing meeting. I confess that none of us took any pleasure or pride in reading and reviewing the issues. Together with my Housekeeping colleagues, we reviewed each point - and each of us (including me) took away specific actions, as well as learning and observations. I will not take up your time with excuses – and I apologise for this unacceptable shortcoming. Please rest assured that this point will definitely become a focus of our ongoing training initiatives.
Once again, thank you for your review towards our resort… and it is never a pleasure to know that we disappointed a guest but I am always grateful for feedback so that we may learn and improve. I do hope that you may consider revisiting The Andaman again in the future. My team and I would very much like the opportunity to restore your faith in our resort again. I remain at your service.
Kind regards
Adrian Stoppe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
  • Korean first
gaskell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Have just returned from our 10 day stay at the Andaman and I can honestly say it was wonderful. Everything from check in to check out was excellent. The staff are some of the most helpful and pleasant people I have met, nothing was to much trouble for them.
The hotel is well looked after and the rooms are large and very comfortable.
The pool area was superb and the location of everything was great.
Can only speak to highly of this hotel and staff which made a special birthday holiday even more special. Will be going back again without a doubt.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Chris g,
How kind you are! Thank you for choosing our resort for your special occasion and for posting this review on Trip Advisor! I am delighted to know that you and your partner enjoyed the stay at The Andaman….and Happy Birthday!
Thank you for your warm remark towards our staff…and I am glad to know that our staff was friendly and helpful – just as it should be! It is kind of you to highlight our swimming pool. As you know the pool is edged on 2 sides by rainforest…and fronts straight onto the beach.
Please allow me to say once again thank you for your feedback – and it is my pleasure to welcome you to our resort again. I remain at your service.
Warm regards
Atyrau, Kazakhstan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Cannot fault this Hotel at all, had a lovely 2 weeks there and loved every minute. We had Luxury sea view room which was big enough with huge bed and exceptionally clean. The staff there are the most friendliest and helpful I have ever experienced. Food amazing !! I would also like to mention the resident band " The perfect fifth" especially the 2 female members Lisa and Grechin. Their music was varied and spot on, trying their hardest to play every request I threw at them. Both girls voices are beautiful and we had many a relaxing evening listening to them - Thank you The Perfect Fifth :-) :-)

Dear BobbyCad,
How wonderful you are… thank you for choosing our resort for your stay! I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed the stay with us – and glad to know that our staff was friendly and helpful.
Thank you for trying our brand new Luxury Seaview Rooms. These rooms just have been refurbished and completed last month. I do agree with your comment about the new room styling including an outdoor Jacuzzi and guest are admiring the rainforest and hear the tranquility of rhythmic waves from the Andaman shore…just relax!
I am delighted to know that you had a super time at “Jentayu Lounge” – especially regarding our house band - “Perfect 5”. I have passed your generous remarks to them… certainly Gretchen and Liza were very grateful to read them – and you have made their day! Thank you!
Once again, thank you for your review towards our resort... and I do hope that you will visit us again at The Andaman. My team and I remain at your service.
With warm regards,
Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I can't understand how anyone could complain about this hotel.

Our stay was wonderful from start to finish and I couldn't fault the Hotel in any way.

Check-In was smooth, we were given a drink and everything was explained in excellent detail. Our host even took us to our room and explained the room features. We were also able to check in a hour earlier than the stated time.

We chose a Luxury Pool Access room, which was expensive but really worth it. I enjoyed having access to the semi-private rainforest pool whenever I wanted. We even watch the monkeys jumping from the hotel roof into the tree's one afternoon. Beds were sooooo comfy, the shower was amazing, the air-con was effective & quiet and the rooms were very sound proof.

The main pool, beach and grounds are all well looked after.

The servce in every area was outstanding. Always friendly, with a smile and helpful.

We ate at Jala, The Restaurant (italian) and the beach restaurant. Overall the food was western prices, but I really enjoyed every meal.

The hotel is a 45 min drive from the main tourist areas of the island. We knew this in advance and were fine with it as we'd hired a car.

We went down to the Datai for a drink one evening and felt out of place, it was a bit posh for us so we were really happy we chose the Andaman for our stay.

Outstanding 3 night stay. Wish I didn't have to come home.

Dear Damien S,
Well… you certainly made my day! Thank you for choosing our resort for your recent stay – and for taking time the time for posting this generous review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed the stay with us…. just wonderful!
Kudos for you to experience our Luxury Pool Access room…these new rooms are getting super guest comments with their exclusive and private use access to the Rainforest swimming pools.
Thank you for your warm review towards our food quality and service team… and I am glad to know that our staff was friendly, helpful and took good care of you during the stay – just as it should be!
As you discovered, The Andaman is surrounded by rainforest and nature. Our resort is set inside a 10 million year old rainforest on a coral sand beach. Besides, our resort is located in a little corner of Langkawi Island…and further away from the main touristic areas. Guest may take advantage of the shuttle that goes into either Kuah or Cenang each day. The shuttle service is complimentary to all the guests or you may hire a car from our resort through the transportation team.
Once again, thank you for your review on Trip Advisor…much appreciated! I do hope that we may welcome you again in the future. My team and I remain at your service.
Warm regards
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Spent three nights at The Andaman hotel and all I can say is Wow! We stayed in the poolside rooms which are definitely worth the extra money! So wonderful to walk out of your bedroom into the pool! We ate twice at Jala restaurant which was exquisite! Fine dining at it's best and included in the half board rate, great value for money! Don't bother with high heels by the way as although the restaurant is very sexy and trendy the floor is sand!!! I would recommend half board as the breakfasts are substantial and there is plenty of choice of places to eat in the hotel in the evening! Would love to go back!

Stayed March 2014
AndamanLangkawi, Executive Assistant Manager at The Andaman, A Luxury Collection Resort, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Sianhavingfun,
You are very kind indeed… thank you for taking the time to post this wonderful review on Trip Advisor and thank you for choosing The Andaman for your recent stay on Langkawi.
I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed the stay with our Luxury Pool Access room. These new rooms are getting super guest comments with their exclusive and private use access to the Rainforest swimming pools – just wonderful!
I am especially happy to know that you took time and experience our newest dining venue “Jala” – this restaurant offered the most delicious local fish and seafood… I do think that bare foot on the sand is a wonderful idea when you enjoyed your meal with the most gorgeous location right on the beach. Thank you for your warm review towards our “Jala” – much appreciated!
Once again, thank you for your review on our resort again… and I am delighted to know that we may welcome you to The Andaman again. My team and I remain at your service.
With kind regards
Broadbeach, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

We travel extensively and enjoyed our stay very much and was good value.
Great position with clean white sandy beaches and views,
Great variety of eating venues with excellent selection and quality.
Plenty of helpful friendly staff yet quiet and peaceful.
A must see is the nearby Museum of ex P.M. Mohammad and his wife of gifts given to them during his 22yr. tenure, only a small fee for hotel car, take at least 2-3 hrs. to take it all in.
If we knew how much we were going to enjoy it we would have stayed longer.
Next Time I Hope

Room Tip: Higher floor with view
Dear Raylouis,
Well… you certainly made my day! Thank you for choosing our resort for your recent stay – and for taking time the time for posting this generous review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to know that you and your partner enjoyed the stay with us… and glad to know that our staff was helpful and friendly – just as it should be!
I do wholeheartedly agree that the beach at Datai Bay is wonderful. Indeed, National Geographic named this as one of the Top 10 Beaches in the world…and I know that I am biased, but I do agree. The combination of 10 million year old rainforest together with this beautiful beach is a little bit magical– and certainly unique to this corner of the island.
Thank you for experiencing all of our four restaurants with your kind remarks on the food quality and our service team… I have passed your message to our Food & Beverage Team and I do believe that you have made their day. Thank You!
Please allow me to say once again how grateful I am towards your feedback… and I am thrilled to know that we may welcome you again at The Andaman. Next time, we hope that you will come for a longer stay! My team and I look forward to taking care of you again at The Andaman
With warm regards
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

We stayed in a luxury ocean view room, which was very nice with a large bed. We checked in late in the evening and were disgusted with the state of the toilet, we asked for soap which didn't ever arrive, and empty fruit plates were left in the room for nearly the whole week.The main dining room could do with some updating and some of the sun bed mattresses and beach towels had definitely seen better days! The staff in the bar, and restaurants and around the pool, were charming and helpful. The fantastic spa, in a beautiful treetop setting is definitely worth a visit! Lots of fantastic wildlife, hornbills, monitor lizards and lots of monkeys! We stayed here 5 years ago and were rather sad as their standards do seem to be slipping.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
AndamanLangkawi, Executive Assistant Manager at The Andaman, A Luxury Collection Resort, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Jane T,
Thank you for your recent stay and for posting this review – much appreciated.
Firstly I must specifically thank you for returning and I was sad and sorry to read your comments regarding your recent experience at The Andaman. I am never proud to know that we have failed to delight a guest, but I am always grateful for feedback, so that we can review, learn and improve.
I am especially happy to know that you enjoyed with our brand new Luxury Seaview Rooms. These rooms have just refurbished and completed few months ago… with the gorgeous new room styling and the blessing of a balcony and the stunning view of Datai Bay – just wonderful!
I am sorry to read your feedback regarding our housekeeping service…I am sad to know that our service did not meet your expectation level. Please accept my sincere apologies for not delivering expected services. My apologies – please rest assured that this point will definitely become a focus of our ongoing training initiatives. Thank you for sharing these detailed remarks.
Thank you for your compliment towards our service team… I am glad to know that they are friendly and helpful. I have passed your message to our service team and I do believe that you have made their day, thank you!
Kudos for you for trying V Botanical Spa – which is set on the hillside – so that the views from the spa across the bay are fantastic. As you discovered the spa villas are set up on the rainforest hillside and therefore have the most gorgeous views across the bay…and during a treatment, the only sound that you can hear is the sound of waves below and the rainforest around you – just relax. I continue to get great comments from our guests regarding the quality of our treatments.
Please allow me to say once again how grateful I am for your feedback – much valued and appreciated. I do hope that you may consider revisiting The Andaman again in the future. My team and I would very much like the opportunity to restore your faith in our resort again.
Kind regards,
Adrian Stoppe

Been to The Andaman, A Luxury Collection Resort? Share your experiences!