Last month my wife and I spent a long weekend at the Andaman as our first break with our 5 month old daughter. The 1st person we saw when we exited arrivals at the airport was the friendly, smiling hotel representative who escorted us straight to our waiting taxi. That set the tone for the weekend - fabulous, friendly and efficient service - nothing was too much trouble.
The location was great, the beach beautiful and completely litter-free (not something that can be said for many beaches in south east Asia). We'd highly recommend getting a massage at the spa; the massage was very good indeed and was administered in the open air (albeit under a wooden gazebo) overlooking the sea.
Food was great, with a wide ranging menu. Being super-critical, the local dishes were better than the western ones, but, in our experience, that is par for the course in Asia (even in high-end hotels such as this) and in exactly the same way that the Asian food we've been served in high end hotels in Europe wasn't usually as good as the local cuisine.
The room was spotlessly clean but was, as some other reviewers have commented, a little bit tired. For us, this wasn't a problem (as we spent very little time in it) and did not detract bfrom the overall experience but I appreciate that some guests may not share this view.
Lastly, whilst this was a very child-friendly hotel, but his does not mean that only families should think of staying there; over lunches, we got chatting honeymooning couples, elderly couples, groups of friends; i.e. the full spectrum of people you would expect to find at a large hotel.
All in all, a cracking experience and we will be returning although the hotel would do itself no harm by freshening up the rooms just a little bit.
- Also Known As:
- The Andaman Langkawi Hotel
- The Andaman Langkawi Hotel Langkawi
- Andaman Langkawi
- Andaman Hotel Langkawi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Andaman, a Luxury Collection Resort located in an idyllic tropical setting on Malaysia's Langkawi Island, is cosily tucked away between a 10 million year old rainforest and the tranquil Datai Bay and an 8,000 year old fringing coral reef. Abundant with rare wildlife and exotic flora, The Andaman's magnificent locale enables guests to partake in a wide range of activities that integrate the surrounding nature while still enjoying the luxurious trimmings of a five star resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your The Andaman, A Luxury Collection Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.