It was a stay too short at the Andaman in Langkawi. To some, the hotel might be a little bit far from the main tourist areas but if you like to be part of nature, a bit of privacy and peacefulness, this is a hotel to choose.
The hotel situates in the middle of a 10-million year old forest and by the sea, well protected from other visitors. It has a very beautiful and airy lobby, and in the middle of it is a set of gongs that gives beautiful soothing music when played in the evening. As soon as you are there, you can hear the breaking waves at the private beach which is just beyond a row of trees and sunbeds. The surrounding of the hotel also offers nice morning/evening walks for a bit of exploration, and even coral walks when in low tide (free gear on request).
The beach is so clean frequented by morning fiddler craps and some morning wildlife living around the hotel area. It is serviced regularly by hotel staff bringing icy wet towels, drinks and food on request, while one is enjoying the sun.
The hotel has three restaurants serving great food, a game room for family and children, a hair salon-to-be, a gift shop, a business centre, a gym, and conference facilities. Being a spa resort, the hotel spa offers a variety of services. I must say the spa certainly worths a visit because it has such a good view overlooking the beach and facing the Andaman Sea.
Although a little bit further than other hotel resorts, the hotel is very helpful with transportation arrangement and helps with some excursion bookings. Guests are well looked after for trips arranged through them.
It's certainly my choice of relaxing stay where I can enjoy peacefulness, relaxation, and be immersed in nature (and learning a bit about it) at the same time. Great for single, couple, or family visits.
- Also Known As:
- The Andaman Langkawi Hotel Langkawi
- The Andaman Langkawi Hotel
- Andaman Langkawi
- Andaman Hotel Langkawi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Andaman, a Luxury Collection Resort located in an idyllic tropical setting on Malaysia's Langkawi Island, is cosily tucked away between a 10 million year old rainforest and the tranquil Datai Bay and an 8,000 year old fringing coral reef. Abundant with rare wildlife and exotic flora, The Andaman's magnificent locale enables guests to partake in a wide range of activities that integrate the surrounding nature while still enjoying the luxurious trimmings of a five star resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, AsiaRooms, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your The Andaman, A Luxury Collection Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.