I was recommended the Anadman by a couple of collegues from work and I was not disappointed. I was tossing up between the Datai or the Andaman, but I believe I choose the right one in the end. The Datai is smaller and I felt a little more 'Starchy' than the Andaman, though it was a lovely hotel too.
The hotel lobby and bar area, is very well kept and impressive upon first arriving. We were personally welcomed by the hotel manager, and looked after for every minute of our holiday by the wonderful hotel staff. They couldn't do enough for you.
We had a room that did not have a seaview, but if I stayed there again, I would definately ask for a room with a seaview because the hotel is literally built in amoungst a jungle, so the rooms without a sea view are sheltered by the trees, and it can be a bit dark in the room....however it does help if looking to catch up on sleep on holiday!!
The rooms are a little tired, but come fully equipped with TV, hairdryer, fresh fruit left in the room on a regular basis, and good house keeping service.
Hire a car and get your self around the island - they drive on the same side as us, and the hotel will see to hiring the car for you. They literally take all the hassle out of everything for you. And it only cost about £25 for the day. Well worth doing things at your own pace.
The hotel also offers a great choice of fabulous restuarants - the Japanese being our favourite, and we never tired of the menu's because we ate over at the Datai as well. The hotel have free cars that will run you between the two hotels - it just couldn't be better. Totally recommend this for couples, or honeymooners, or if you're looking for a bit of pampering. The Spa is also total bliss situated near to the hotel - something everyone staying there should try. Really highly recommend it.
- Also Known As:
- The Andaman Langkawi Hotel
- The Andaman Langkawi Hotel Langkawi
- Andaman Langkawi
- Andaman Hotel Langkawi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Andaman, a Luxury Collection Resort located in an idyllic tropical setting on Malaysia's Langkawi Island, is cosily tucked away between a 10 million year old rainforest and the tranquil Datai Bay and an 8,000 year old fringing coral reef. Abundant with rare wildlife and exotic flora, The Andaman's magnificent locale enables guests to partake in a wide range of activities that integrate the surrounding nature while still enjoying the luxurious trimmings of a five star resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, HotelTravel.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your The Andaman, A Luxury Collection Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.