“Delicious buffet meals” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 96 Hotels in Langkawi
Mannheim
“Delicious buffet meals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

We have been for 5 days in this wonderful hotel and enjoyed our stay very much. We particularly appreciated the excellent and warm service of the whole team and the delicious food. Breakfast buffet and evening buffet was really excellent. There was such a variety of excellent dishes from every region of the world which changed every day. It was really a memorable stay in the Westin.
Also the treatments in the Spa were excellent and the garden of the hotel is lovely. They have a large pool big enough to really have a sportive swim.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Bosway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Westin 10 days, and we are still talking about how wonderful the whole experience was. I knew that we came to a special place, that truly is one of a kind, the second we drove up to the lobby. This resort is made special by it's amazing staff. I have read many reviews where people write that the staff is wonderful, but you have really got to experience that feeling you get when you meet them. Sara, you make the best cocktails ever! Everyone else was just amazing. Always a smile on their face, always greet you and make you feel like you have come to heaven.
We just loved the room. We got upgraded to a sea view because we were on our honeymoon. We had a minor problem with the toilet, but that was fixed in a matter of seconds. We got a bottle of wine, and a flower bath as well.
The food was also wonderful, and the grounds around the resort just breathtaking. Just enjoy and take it all in, and cherish it forever.
I have read many reviews prior to and after our stay, and I just can't believe the negative comments some people write. To them I say: get a life, and be thankful for what you have. We think that they generally are negative people who always find something to be dissatisfied with.
We have been around the island, and we came to the conclusion that this is by far the best hotel/resort in this price range. Of course it always depends on what you are looking for; if you are on honeymoon, with your family, romantic trip or just looking for someone to pamper you and where you can rest your mind and soul, this is the perfect place. If you are out to party and go clubbing, this resort is not the place for you. Go to the Sheraton or somewhere along Pentai chenang (chenang beach).
We really want to thank everyone at the resort for making our honeymoon that much better and an unforgettable experience.
We are already thinking about taking another trip to Westin, and maybe trying the private villas. Heard they are to die for.
By the way, you must get the buffet breakfast. They have ANYTHING you can think of. Even chefs standing and asking you how you would like you eggs, or which pancakes you prefer. We hare really gotten spoiled with that breakfast. :)

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2009

My mother and I arrived to this nirvana completely drained from our long flight from New York to Kuala Lumpur. Upon check -in, I was told by one of the many friendly employees that I would be "very pleased" with my room. That was the understatement of the decade. We were upgraded to the renewal suite and any room that has a name just has to be good! I wish I could live in this place. I had my very own mini-gym, 2 1/2 bathrooms, fresh flowers daily, HUGE veranda, jacuzzi tub, gorgeous living room/dining room etcetera! It was so hard to leave the room but then I remembered the flawless beach with the greatest sports center employee, Rizuan. He taught me how to kayak and windsurf and that was no easy task. The beach there is small and beautiful. I would spend most of the day trying to windsurf under Rizuan's watchful and encouraging eye. Afterwards, my mom and I would return to a room that was cleaned immaculately by Hamisah. Everyday our room was filled with fresh flowers. However, one of the best things my mom and I discovered were the little fragrance burning urns which would fill the suite with scents of rose and lemongrass. Hamisah made sure they were burning everyday. It was sublime. The spa became a hard habit to break. We went everyday and had so many incredible treatments. We extended our stay there from 3 days to a week and if I could have, I would've made it longer. When I had some major problems with American Express, Balan, one of the managers, was constantly at the ready to help me and solve all my problems. It wasn't just the managers; Shan, who worked at the front desk, was also extremely helpful and kind to me. There seemed to be no end to the kindness and helpfulness which I found at the the Westin Langkawi. I can't wait to return!

• Stayed May 2009
Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2009

My wife and I visited this hotel during our honeymoon trip to Malaysia. We stayed for three nights and shared the same observations about the Westin Langkawi.

The hotel is OK but not really up to a 5 star hotel standards. The following are the reasons

What we did not like:
- Rooms were full of insects, ants and during the whole stay (maybe because its a tropical area)
-Lobby is open! and there is no AC, so its not worth sitting in the lobby because its too hot.
-Staff did not give the impresion that they are "friendly", unlike our stay in Shangri-la Rasa Sayang.
-The hotel is kinda far away from the Langkawi Airport.
-Room furniture was old and you do not feel that your staying in a real 5 star hotel.
-Beach is not clean and we did not like the beach (comparing it with Shangri-la Rasa Sayang).
-Food is not so good.

To be fare, I would like to list what we liked in this hotel:
-The swiming pools are nice.
-Landscaping is nice
-Hotel location is nice because its near the shoping area in Langkawi.
-Beach view is charming

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2009

After careful consideration and having stayed in other Westin hotels we chose this hotel due to it's location and concern of being to isolated.
The first room we were allocated was dirty, smelly and certainly in need of being refurbished plus the balcony overlooked stagnant water seeping from the hotel. We spoke to reception and after seeing another two rooms and 2 hours later we settled for the 3rd room, we then went to have a look at the beach - I have visited many beaches which include Asia and this was by far the worst I have seen, the hotel could improve by combing and clearing litter.
We moved to the Datai and it was the best decision we made - a truly outstanding 5* hotel

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2009

We stayed at this resort for 5 nights.. We booked a Deluxe Sea Facing, Panoramic Ocean View room. Buffet breakfast has a great range of food available the best we have ever had very fresh and healthy options available. The rooms are very nice & modern, king size bed (king size bed is heavenly!), flat screen TV, great bathroom facilities. Great views from our balcony, when you return to you room. Staff and service we found to be fantastic, the staff are very polite and they all remember you and how you like your dinks food etc. Swimming pool (infinity pool is great, very relaxing with swim up bar overlooking great views. Caters for all types of people we saw honeymooners, families, and coupled just chilling out. Jetty town is a 10 minute walk from the resort for any convenience shops. The resort offers shuttle to Langkawi Fair Shopping Centre. We were recommended a place to eat Wonderland Foodstore, for 10RM to Khua jump in a cab and go there great food (Fresh fish & Malaysian cuisine) and reasonable price, best to make a booking busy with locals and tourists. The food at the resort is also very good. We made use of the Heavenly Spa great massage. The resort is right on the beach there were people swimming and relaxing on the beach also. Most people stay at the pool as the bar is at hand. I would definitely stay again if I had the opportunity to go again. We had tour of the island and stopped in at a few of the resorts (Datai & Tang Jun Rhu) very isolated and surrounded by jungle. We were happy with The Westin and its location.

Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2009

As a family we stayed at this hotel and was very impressed with the service we received. In particular we want to make comment on the service our family received by one of the mangers there, Gobalan who when our child was ill on arrival, he went out of his way to make him feel comfortable and settled. He went beyond the call of duty and his followup some days later were most appreciated.

Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Been to The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!