“Good accomodation” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 98 hotels in Langkawi
Warsaw, Poland
“Good accomodation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Perfect hotel for family vacation. Peaceful a quiet with a big sandy beach and many useful facilities (gym, squash, tennis etc.)
Rooms clean and big. Hotel seems to be quite old though. The safe, the toilet and the shower broke during our stay. But the staff fixed it quite fast.
I am not a fan of paid Internet access in hotel rooms, but maybe it let us more peace and quiet this way.
When it comes to cousine everything was delicious and well served. Although I wanted to try more local foods and to do so I had to take a cab to the city centre cause hotel is situated ca 7km from the city. Food in the hotel was typical european/american.

In general perfect place for family vacation.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
SchlueterM, General Manager at The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Kk P,

Thank you very much for your review and for sharing your experience with others. I have to agree with you that the resort is equally suited to tranquil family vacations with wide range of facilities. I have taken note of your comment on our room condition and you will be happy to know that the resort is indeed undergoing further refurbishment that will reflect a modern, contemporary resort product, showcasing the brand’s philosophy of Westin, For a Better You! I am also pleased to know that we managed to meet your dining expectations. We hope to welcome you and your family back here in the near future.

1,712 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed in this hotel in 2012 end of Sep, we had a great stay there.

The location is good very close to centre. Room is modern, clean and nice, big bathroom.
We had a seaview room with balcony can enjoy sunset
Buffet breakfast was fresh and with great variety
Hotel staffs are nice and helpful
The swimming pool is great

We pay the money and it worths, we have a happy & joyful stay there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Angela W,
Thank you for taking the time to post this review. It is wonderful to know that you finds our location conveniently. Our resort situated on private beachfront yet it is only one kilometer from the main harbor of Langkawi, three kilometers from Kuah duty-free shopping centers. I appreciate your positive comments about our comfortable room and I agree with you that the scenic views from the rooms are just breathtaking. I am pleased to hear our associates provided warm and caring service which was up to your satisfaction. Thank you also for recognizing our signature SuperFoodsRx breakfast and unique pools. It was a great pleasure to have you with us and I hope that we may welcome you again in the near future.

New York Mills, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Stayed 3 nights late April. We have fantastic experience from checked in until checked out. We were served with welcome drink and cold towel on arrival. We arrived early and tot cannot get room however without hesitation the young lady give us room immediately. Staff were frindly and helpful. Special mentioned to Faizal who always helpful to answer all our questions at the lobby. He recommend few places which is very helpful. The pool was fanstastic too. Hugh breakfast in the morning which you will never regret. You also can enjoy your romantic dinner too. Overall I found this resort very good place to relax and enjoy as you have friendly staffs. Room cleanliness was very good too.

Room Tip: Ask for renovated room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
SchlueterM, General Manager at The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Silam F,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. I am glad that you are comfortable with our check in process. Thank you for highlighting the quality service performed by our friendly and helpful associates. I do agree with you that our pools are fantastic too. I appreciate your positive comments about SuperFoodsRx buffet breakfast and cleanliness in room. I hope that we may welcome you again in the near future.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed at the Westin for seven nights in June 2013. The accommodation was perfect. The food was good and breakfast exceptional quality. Staff friendly and helpful. The only negative was the pool which needs a good cleaning. The tiles were dirty and it didn't feel nice to swim in. The beach location was a little disappointing. The manager was extremely helpful sorting out a problem and nothing was too much trouble. Lads on the desk were helpful and their local knowledge was useful. Special thanks for abdehe who helped me restore life into my iPad!

Room Tip: If you can get the newly renovated rooms overlooking the gardens and pools
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jeanette0101,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback. It is very kind of you to highlight our cuisine and I am so pleased to know that your dining expectations were met. It is also very kind of you to mention our friendly and helpful associates. I am concerned about the issues regarding our pool cleanliness and I have immediately spoken with our respective department to take corrective action. As for the beach, the area here obviously not blessed with the best beach and I’m sorry to hear that this became a drawback for you. We hope to welcome you again for another renewing stay in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

My partner and I stayed here in late May and, overall, enjoyed the experience.

The facility itself is, while very nice, slightly tired should you look at the details. However it is a Westin and does provide many of the luxuries that you would expect with such a chain. There are three lovely pools, a fantastic pool bar (the cocktails at amazing but beware the Singapore Sling - it's one of the best I've ever had but it's STRONG), a lovey day spa (we had a treatment each), and a delicious breakfast spread that is BEYOND BELIEF! It is certainly a resort that I would recommend for visitors to Langkawi Island. We also rented a Mini Cooper Cabrio (the hotel has a few available) for RM555 for 8 hours which was enough time to visit the entire island.

The main area for improvement for this hotel is the way their staff communicate with their guests. On arrival we were given a sales pitch on upgrading our room which inferred that the room we had originally booked was not very nice (unrenovated etc.). The following day I was presented with a letter stating that my credit card had exceeded its 'limit'. Upon further discussions with the staff I was advised that our room account had simply exceeded the pre-authorisation taken at check in (a mere RM600). Given we had rented a car, had day spas, dinners etc. this was naturally going to run over the original amount. For a Westin I would have expected that they would simply run an account to be settled at check out but it appears they run some type of annoying 'pay as you go system'. An irritant, but certainly not a deterrent for future visits.

Overall, a very good stay!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Garth T,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. I appreciate a lot your feedback recognizing our unique pools, Splash poolside bar, award winning Heavenly Spa, and SuperFoodsRx buffet breakfast. I very much regret the shortcomings you experienced and I do apologies for this. We will retrain our staff at the reception to ensure a more smoother operation and handling . Please accept my apologies for that. We look forward to welcoming you for another rejuvenating holiday.

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Stayed 2 nights for seminar. The bed was VERY comfortable in a spacious room. Wifi in room was intermittent and in fact a colleague had to leave his room to work in the lobby area for a better wifi. The park view room was not inspiring, consider the sea view rooms. Hot water was tepid but not really an issue for me because the outside weather was so warm, I preferred the cooler water. Breakfast spread was reasonable and even had a dedicated machine to squeeze fresh orange juice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear chanben,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. I would like to thank you for highlighting our room, especially our Heavenly Bed, which I have to agree with you, are amazingly comfortable. I have taken note of your comment on the difficulty of internet access and we will work closely with our service provider to ensure that there is consistent connectivity at all times. Also, thank you for highlighting our SuperFoodsRx buffet breakfast. We hope to welcome you again for another renewing stay.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Very pleased with the Guest Relation Manager Jana Zahranova because she was very helpful and effective with finding a resolution to some minor concerns during our stay at the Westin Langkawi. The hotel serves an amazing buffet breakfast because the selection is so plentiful, the food is very fresh and tasty. The swimming pool is gorgeous and the bed is heavenly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ihearbigcities,

Thank you very much for writing this review. It is always rewarding to know that you felt well taken care of; I will certainly compliment Jana with your feedback as well as recognize her great work. I appreciate a lot your feedback recognizing our signature SuperFoodsRx breakfast, unique pools and Heavenly Bed. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Michael Schlueter

Been to The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!