“Good property - must take the villa” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay Longer For Less
Ranked #8 of 98 Hotels in Langkawi
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Good property - must take the villa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a good property to stay especially if you are travelling with the kids, lots to do and the property is very large with lots of open spaces. if you can afford it take the Villa. We stayed four nights at the one bedroom sea view villa, the pool inside the villa was great and villa had direct access to the beach.
- food is average but you can always go out and try local food as the location of the hotel is convenient.
- service is great
- the pictures on the net do not do full justice to the location of the hotel
- beach not useful as it is very rocky, however you can walk alongside as there is a pathway
- there is severe shortage of sun beds at the main pool, there is enough space to increase the quantity three time hence not sure why the management is not doing it....i am sure it does not cost much.
overall good experience

Room Tip: take the villa even if its not sea view if taking room on the main building take the ones that are...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
SchlueterM, General Manager at The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Chauhanpc,

Thank you very much for your kind and modest feedback. I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at our villa. Our one bedroom Ocean Front Villas are designed to provide our guests with a luxurious complete escape from the rest of the world. Isn’t that just a perfect getaway? I’m concerned to note that the quality of food did not meet your expectations. I’ve addressed this with our Executive Chef and will review and improve it immediately. Your satisfaction towards our services makes me truly happy and bringing up the shortcomings you’ve encountered to our attention as this will only assist in improving towards service excellence. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Michael Schlueter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Beijing, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I spent a very relaxing 2 nights stay here last month. I stayed at newly renovated guestroom which mainly in white palette. Well, everything is simple here; but the simplicity is always the one that i look for. My room is at the same level with hotel lobby, and the view is just nice. During the stay here, i also booked for a spa experience. The view of the SPA itself is really amazing especially when all lights are on at night.
The hotel also offer free parking for hotel guests as well. In fact, Kuah Town is not far from the hotel, but it is better if you drive there rather than by foot. I was so happy that i rented a car.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Rebecca,

Thank you very much for your time and effort spent to write these priceless feedback. I'm delighted to hear that you've enjoyed your stay in one of our newly renovated rooms. Our newly renovated rooms reflect a modern, contemporary resort product, showcasing the brand's philosophy of Westin, For a Better You. Our Heavenly Spa located on a glorious stretch of beachfront, with breathtaking views of the Andaman Sea, it is designed to immerse you in a world of serenity and natural beauty. I do agree with your suggestion to rent a car to explore the island. Langkawi roads are in good conditions and it is very easy to find your way around. It was a great pleasure serving you. We hope to welcome you again for another renewing stay in the near future.

Hong Kong
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stayed at the resort for 5 nights in April with 3 other couples. Not one of us had everything go smoothly. Check in was late meaning couples with babies had to wait for a few hours to get a room. A newlywed couple were also made to wait and were not even congratulated even though the hotel was well aware that we were all here for this reason. We didn't all get the rooms that we paid for. Bookings were messed up so that the newlyweds were almost kicked out of their room before the end of their stay.
The grounds and the pool area are very nice but the rest of the resort is in dire need of renovation.
Service is pretty poor, don't expect too much.
All in all not bad but not worth it for the price.

Room Tip: Go for one of the newly renovated rooms.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear AlexZenovic,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this review. Your comments are valuable to us as they allow us to learn from your experience and improve our services and facilities. I am sorry to hear that there were some lapses in your group at check in. I have addressed this inconsistency with our front office team and will take the necessary action to improve continuously. On the other hand, we appreciate your positive comments about grounds and pool area. I was disappointed to learn that our service did not meet your expectations, please accept our sincere apologies once again. Despite your less positive comments, I do hope that we may welcome you again and I would like to have the opportunity to confirm with you the good name of our resort.

Dhaka City, Bangladesh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

The resort is located at one of the best landscapes of langkawi. The service is very very good. Everyone is so welcoming. We stayed there for 3 nights/4 days. The staffs were very friendly and rooms and the bath room is great. We stayed in one of the partial ocean view rooms. The view was wonderful from our veranda. They have 4 swimming pools and among them, the infinity pool was awesome. The beach is fully private for the resort people. And one thing I must say, if u stay at the westin langkawi, you should spend some time at their 'heavenly spa' coz its really really heavenly!!! Me n my wife did not feel like going out of the resort, the place is sooo beautiful and romantic that I just can't explain. At the time of leaving, we felt that 3 nights were not enough, next time we will b here for at least a week.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Masrur_zulkernine,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with others and for your warm words regarding your stay. I appreciate your highlighting on the quality service performed by our friendly and helpful associates. I always think that they are the most valuable asset of our resort! I do agree with you that our pools are awesome and our infinity pool is definitely one of the main highlights of our resort. Thank you also for your positive endorsement for the award winning Heavenly Spa and I hope our experienced spa therapists have made you feel relaxed and rejuvenated. Your satisfaction towards our accommodation, services and facilities makes us feel very proud. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Westin on your future visits to Langkawi.

Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

My wife and our 1 year old stayed here after a wedding with some friends on a group holiday. The entire trip was marred with small issues with the hotel from not having any of our rooms ready on time to the rooms not being properly prepared to TVs being broken patios not being cleaned and on the day we left the couple who were on their honeymoon being told that they had no room for their final night. Credit to one of the managers when i wrote an email explaining my dissatisfaction he arranged a meeting with me within a couple of hours sent a bottle of wine to our room but it really wasn't enough to make up for the number of things that were wrong with this trip. The rooms were very expensive. The buffets were very average and the service by the staff was well below par for a 5 star resort. We were also not told that it was a hotel policy that they would not babysit for under 3's so we couldn't enjoy a dinner out of the room later than 6pm. Also limited options for dinners with kids due to the restaurants not being open at 5:30-6pm when they should be eating. To top it off the hotel ripped us off with a transfer to the airport on departure. It cost us 30 Ringit to get to the resort from the airport on arrival with a standard fixed rate mini bus taxi yet when going back we were told the same trip would cost 90MYR. We opted for the hotel van which we were told would be 120MYR for the van only to be told on arrival after sharing it with another couple that the price was PER ROOM!! Our 30MYR one way trip had turned into a 240MYR trip back to the airport. Completely ripped off and lied to by the hotel staff with no recourse whatsoever as it wasn't even a hotel van but an external tour agent.

Hugely disappointed in the Westin Langkawi and feel ripped off by them. Left a bitter taste in the mouth after a large number of minor issues. Being ripped off at the end was the icing on the cake. I wouldn't just not recommend this hotel to people I would actively discourage people from going there! Out of the party of 17 people who we were with not a single person was happy with the hotel which is a shame as the setup is good the pools are nice but the management is shocking.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear HongKongJon,

Thank you for taking the time to write and post this review. All guest comments are gratefully received and reviewed. I was very disappointed to read that you did not have an enjoyable experience on your stay due to some lapses at check in. I’ve addressed this inconsistency with our front office team and will take the necessary action to improve continuously. I’m truly sorry for any inconveniences caused. Also, rest assured that your comment about walk-out private patio have been noted and been acknowledged by respective department and correction is already on the way. Concerning your comment on our pricing, please rest assured that we do continue monitor our prices and to observe supply and demand so that we always offer the best possible price at the time of booking. In addition, please accept my sincere apology for being delivering insufficient information to you regarding baby-sitting age limits worldwide-policy. Please be rest assured that we take your comments seriously and will review them with our team to make necessary improvements. I am sorry to hear that there were some lapses in service from our associate. I truly understand your disappointment and I will ensure that we continue to improve on our service levels and product quality.

Auckland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

The ferry from Penang took around 3.5 hours.My adult daughter and I had high hopes of our stay here however the check in resulted in 4 staff and a manager having to get involved to sort a one night booking for a Starwood Preferred Guest who accepted a rate and booked off their own website. Despite showing them on our ipad the offer on their web site, 4 staff would not accept breakfast was included and even the manager who said it was confusing had to confirm later in the day. No one contacted us so we checked at breakfast for confirmation.
The reception area was full of disgruntled people with booking in issues. From wrong dates to booked type of room not available.
Our first room was very disappointing. It had no balcony and faced the driveway about 3 metres away. We were told our rate didn't include breakfast despite the website saying it did. The manageress who finally took over our check in was lovely and offered us a room that hadn't been renovated but it did have a good sized balcony that looked out on a parched garden. Apparently they don't get much rain except for July / August.
The pools and surrounds are beautiful as is the private beach.
Breakfast is amazing and runs until noon. We did enjoy the champagne that is provided on the buffet to make mimosas or just enjoy as is.
Check out like check in was extremely slow considering it was for one meal charge only. Make sure you leave time to get to the ferry (5 + minutes)or the airport ( 30+ minutes away).
Their booking system is very complicated, cumbersome and outdated and can suck the pleasure out of your vacation.

Room Tip: Make sure you get confirmation of what is included in your booking and remember balconies are not a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Wirramirra,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this review. I am sorry that your stay at Westin Langkawi had issues which might reflect on your overall experience here with us. I appreciate you bringing up the issue you have encountered during check-in. I truly understand how frustrated it can be. Your feedback is much valued and appreciated in order for us to review our service and facilities. I thank you for your valuable comment in regards to your experienced here and I share it with the team in order to avoid future re-occurrences. And of course, I appreciate a lot your feedback recognizing our pools, private beach as well as SuperFoodsRx buffet breakfast. Once again we thank you for your feedback and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you our improvement on your next renewing stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from 8 days, staying at The Westin, Langkawi Spa and Resort.

This resort is truly "Heaven on Earth"! It's beauty is matched with their outstanding customer service. We had the perfect holiday.
Our children enjoyed the numerous pools to swim in and the kids club. They enjoyed the freedom of playing through the grounds of the resort and we felt safe allowing them to do so. There was movie night, every night for the children and this allowed my husband and I to enjoy a drink together at the Breeze bar.
The food was sensational with a variety of restaurants, pool bar for light lunches, The Breeze Bar for a snack.
It's open lobby is just magical, very comfortable and relaxing!

Our room had partial ocean views, with 2 double beds, (beds were very comfortable) a separate bath and shower. Modern, clean and enough for what we needed. We were able to sit on the day bed on our balcony at night after the children went to sleep and have a drink.
We were treated like royalty, their staff, so warm and friendly, nothing was too hard, they genuinely went out of their way to ensure we had what we needed. We celebrated our 13th Wedding Anniversary and my husband & I enjoyed the facilities of the Heavenly Spa. On our arrival back to our room we were surprised with a chocolate cake made especially for our anniversary by the staff.
Very sociable environment, we met some lovely people from different parts of the world.
I just cannot fault this place, we arrived home Friday morning and by Monday evening we re booked our flights for March 2014. There is no where else I would even consider staying than here at The Westin, Langkawi Spa and Resort.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
SchlueterM, General Manager at The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Jenny P,

I’m really delighted to know that you have had a great experience with The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa! Thank you very much for your excellent review and for sharing your experience with others. I am pleased to know your children enjoyed the facilities here as well as the idea we had to come up for the little kids – movie night. We know holidays meant a lot of fun for kids. Furthermore, We appreciate your feedback with regards to our dining venues, relaxing lobby and also your compliment on our accommodation. It is also very kind of you to highlight our friendly associates. I do trust that they have placed much effort and are willing to go the extra mile just to make your stay with us a memorable one! It was a great pleasure to have you here with us, and we look forward to your return.

Michael Schlueter

Been to The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!