“Does exactly what it says on the tin” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Happy Together!
Ranked #8 of 96 Hotels in Langkawi
London
“Does exactly what it says on the tin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Great location, really friendly and welcoming staff. Whether it was a relaxed meal at Tide Restaurant by the beach, or a poolside lunch at Splash , or an evening cocktail at Breeze - all were just perfect.

Room Tip: If you are not a family then ask for a room that does not have an adjoining door. The hotel is quit...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Helmut P, General Manager at The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear PST4PST,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback and for sharing your Westin experience with others. I am glad you like our location as it provides lovely scenery for a quiet getaway, yet it is just a few minutes away from the main town. Thank you also for highlighting our friendly and welcoming associates. I always think that they are the most valuable asset of our resort! It is very kind of you to highlight our cuisine and I am so pleased to know that your dining expectations and needs were met. We definitely look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Langkawi on your future visits to Langkawi Island.

Helmut Pluecker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Miri, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Away from crowds, it offers serenity and relaxation. However the pool got a bit noisy when parents and kids came to play, but that was fully understandable. The private beach offers breathtaking sight of islands and i wish i could take the view with me home. Love the cocktails much and evenings at the hotel bar accommodates couples on honeymoon trips, good job on creating the romantic ambiance during evening time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Borneon_Angel,

Thank you for having chosen Westin Langkawi for your holidays and I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your Westin experience. It’s wonderful to know that you enjoyed our peaceful location. Our resort is beautifully located with the stunning scenery yet we are just few minutes away from the main town. Furthermore thank you for mentioning our Breeze Lounge which offers a relaxed atmosphere with live music, the perfect combination for a nice evening. Again, I am so pleased to know that you were able to relax and enjoy the atmosphere here. My team and I hope we have the pleasure to welcoming you back for another renewing stay.

Penang
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

breakfast is not good as a 5 star hotel. worst nasi lemak ever, the curry chicken cooked with spoiled coconut milk (you know how bad it taste like if you are Malaysian). no newspaper, stayed for 4 nights, requested 2 times for the newspaper, only the second time got a response. tv remote control not working, requested 3 times and still not getting it fixed, 4th time only they replaced it. in room phone was not working, but i don't care.

Typical Asian hotel where anyone not visibly of western descent is treated differently. i saw greetings, smiling faces, welcome gong hitting, but those are for the white man. not worth the money, i would spend the same amount for a much better stay in some other hotels such as Andaman or Tanjung Rhu.

However, the swimming pools are great.

Room Tip: buy your own food from outside of the resort. the roadside nasi lemak is much better than the hotel...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Helmut P, General Manager at The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear KWWong,

Thank you for taking the time to write and post this review. All guest comments are gratefully received and reviewed. I note from your comments regarding some lapses in service during your stay. I offer no excuses and apologize for these shortfalls and I truly appreciate you bringing up the shortcomings you have encountered to our attention as this will only assist in improving towards service excellence. I have shared your feedback with my team which will help us improve on our service delivery to all guests. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconsistent service you have experienced and I will ensure that we continue to improve on the different areas you have mentioned. I understand from your comments that you might not return but I hope to have the opportunity to restore your faith in our resort.

Koroit, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We had a 12 night stay at the Westin and it was one of the best holidays we have had in a while. I had read a lot of negative reviews regarding service and room quality, but you pay for what you get in regards to rooms and the service throught the hotel was exceptional . Anything that we needed, we only had to ask and the staff tried their very best to meet our needs.

In Asia We struggle to find allergy friendly services, especially rooms, but the Westin met our needs in many areas (food) and the room services manager was very conducive and was only happy to listen to what was required to provide an allergy friendly room, which are guaranteed to not only be cleaned properly, but allergy, and asthma friendly as well.

The kids club was fantastic, and Shima and her staff made my son's holiday a full and memorable one, and he met and made friends with numerous kids from many varying countries.

The location of the Westin is perfect especially if you want to venture out an experience a true Malaysian local town, with local food, hawkers markets etc. Just ask one of the local staff about where to eat and where to go when out and about and you can't go wrong. It is the only hotel in the vicinity and it is quiet!

Breakfast was good, and provided an assortment of both western and Asian breakfasts which should meet anyone's needs.

The pool is large, clean and is in a beautiful spot - getting a chair next to the pool was never a problem. There are 4 pools and they are all lovely.

Nothing was ever an issue, and if it was -they would try their best to accommodate you. I would recommend the Westin Langkawi for a holiday. We will definable be going back in the future, especially when their renovations are complete (no inconvenience or noise with that), and if they have allergy friendly rooms available.

Room Tip: You pay for what you get. If you want any particular to suit your needs -Just ask and they will ben...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear travel_mum_portfairy,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback and for sharing your Westin experience with others. It is very kind of you for highlighting the quality service offered by our friendly and helpful associates. I always think that they are the most valuable asset of our resort. It’s also wonderful to know that you enjoyed our peaceful location. Our resort is beautifully located with the stunning scenery yet we are just few minutes away from the main town. Thanks for highlighting our SuperFoods buffet breakfast which is well-known by its widespread variety of nourishing food with a free-flow of sparkling wine providing guests a luxurious yet renewing breakfast experience. I do agree with you that our pools are lovely and our infinity pool is definitely one of the main highlights of our resort. And a special thank you for your recommendations towards The Westin Langkawi and The Westin brand. It was a great pleasure to have you as our guest. Your positive comment has definitely motivated us to perform better! My team and I are really grateful for your support and look forward to welcoming you back for another renewing stay in the near future!

Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

This resort is truly amazing , i was quite reluctant to make a booking after reading a few negative reviews about this place but i went with my gut feeling and stayed there anyway . This resort is so vast and beautifully maintained, it is very aesthetically pleasing . The resort staff are very courteous and polite and their service is second to none ,the rooms are well spacious with contemporary interiors .The morning breakfast buffet spread is simply mind blowing, be it the variety or the taste the food was truly first class . The highlight of the stay will be the pool overlooking the ocean and a occasional sip of your favorite poison in the pool bar .In short this place is a haven of serenity ! and as far as the negative reviews on Tripadvisor is concerned , well just don't pay any attention to them ,some people cant just be satisfied !

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear joshvimal,

I would like to thank you for having chosen our resort during your trip to Langkawi Island and for your warm words. We really appreciate your positive comments about our beautiful resort, well-trained associates, spacious room, SuperFoods buffet breakfast, infinity pool and Splash pool bar. Your feedback is truly encouraging and inspires us to continue providing excellent service and exceptional experiences to every guest. It was a pleasure to have you with us and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Very friendly staff and the view is breathtaking, overlooking the surrounding islands popping out from the water. The garden and surroundings were lovely. The only real disappointment was the lack of a proper beach. At first glance it looks lovely, and really is as long as you stay on shore. Stepping into the water, though, is a different story. At high tide, its doable walking into the water and swim from where the man-made sand ends (at about where the water reaches your belly). At low tide, though, the sand ends right where the water starts, and you will be standing ankle-deep in mud. After 15 meters (50 feet) walking, the water still was too shallow for swimming, so I turned around heading for the pool instead.
If you don’t mind swimming in the pool, this is an excellent location for relaxing. The staff couldn't bee friendlier and they really make you feel welcome. I can only echo other reviewers' appreciation of the food.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear OJKarlsen,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and for highlighting the quality service offered by our friendly associates. I have to agree with you that our resort offer wonderful panoramic views of the Andaman Sea, surrounding islands and the endless stretch of the blue sky. I am truly sorry that we have let you down with regards to the beach. We were unfortunately not blessed with the best beach on the island and although we endeavor to keep it clean, we unfortunately consistently battle in our area with the debris brought in by the tides. Thank you for sharing your valued opinions with others. It was a great pleasure to have you with us and I hope that we may welcome you again in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed for 4 nights in a normal room - we had a great view of the ocean, and spent sometime on our little balcony (as did a monkey that visited from time to time!!) We had a free treatment at the spa in our package, and then booked enough treatments to earn another free treatment on our last morning (look at the tv screen in the foyer - there are special offers promoted there, and I only noticed it while waiting for a cab.
The food is excellent at Tide and Breeze (and breakfast). I loved sitting in Breeze, overlooking the islands, and washing down lunch with the Asian Mojito (ginger added - delicious).
There are 2 pools in the main resort, and a pool at the spa that was only used by us! There are plenty of chairs on the beach, and a water sports shack (unused by us!)
The hotel is not on the main beach - but an easy taxi ride (about $10Aus). The main beach is very, very busy - as are the main shopping/restaurant strip. We visited all the shopping centers and night markets after dinners out (so it's easy to get around) and headed off to Tanjong Rhu for sunset drinks and dinner. I have to say, while not with the main strip of hotels, I think we picked the perfect hotel - not crowded but easily accessible to all points of interest. The food is excellent, and was a higher standard than the other hotels that we ate at.
If you have kids in tow, they have a lot of kids activities, and kids club. There are also villas, that looked fantastic.
The spa treatments are fantastic, and the massages are great. They are also inexpensive (compared to those in the hotel in KL). Really relaxing and lovely.
Great holiday for those wanting to unwind.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Ariadne282,

Thank you for choosing Westin for your stay on Langkawi and for your time to share your experiences on Trip Advisor. I’m delighted to know that you enjoyed our peaceful location. Our resort is beautifully located with the stunning scenery yet we are just few minutes away from the main town. It is very kind of you to highlight our cuisine and I am so pleased to know that your dining expectations and needs were met. Thank you so much for your compliments about the award winning Heavenly Spa and I am sure our experienced Spa therapists made you feel relaxed and rejuvenated. Again, I am so pleased to know that you were able to relax and enjoy the atmosphere here. My team and I hope we have the pleasure to welcoming you back for another renewing stay.

Helmut Pluecker

Been to The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!