“Well maintained hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of favehotel Cenang Beach - Langkawi

You added favehotel Cenang Beach - Langkawi to your Saves list
favehotel Cenang Beach - Langkawi
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lot 119, Pantai Tengah, Mukim Padang Mat Sirat, Langkawi 07000, Malaysia   |
Ranked #18 of 96 Hotels in Langkawi
Tirupur, Tamil Nadu, India
“Well maintained hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

fave hotel is a nice and well maintained hotel...staff courtesy is excellent...breakfast was quite good and near by attractions also der...overall its a nice hotel to stay as a family...i strongly recommend it......

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
FaveCenangLangkawi, General Manager at favehotel Cenang Beach - Langkawi, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear senthilld,

Greetings from Fave Hotel Langkawi!

I am so pleased to have read your review on us and especially on knowing that you have had a pleasant stay with us.

Thank you very much on your kind words and your time on writing this review for us. We appreciate it very much and will definitely try to keep up with our motto: Fun, Fresh & Friendly.
Please do visit us again on your next visit to Langkawi, and once again thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Dian Pramono

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Its a very recently constructed budget hotel near Cenang Beach.

Pros/Available facilities: Its very near to many attractions like under water world, Duty free shop, Indian restaurants, Beaches, Good Parking area, Very Good Swimming Pool, cool drinking water, Indo0r Games, safety Locker.

Cons: In the room I took A/c was not good and Cools the room very slowly, it took 15+ mins to get a comfortable cooling in the room. I dont know about other rooms.

Rooms are maintained/ cleaned well. Breakfast has less options compared to other hotels for vegetarians. Walkable distance to beach and many Indian restaurants.

Room Tip: Dont choose pool view room, It will be very hot in afternoon because of direct sun. Near to Indian...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Pramod K,

Hello from Fave Hotel Cenang!

Thank you for your time on the review. We appreciate it very much for your feedbacks and comments on your experience with us.

For the feedback on our A/C, as we do not have a centralized system, so it might take some time for cooling in the rooms. I do apologize on this as I understand the weather in the island can sometimes be very dreaded.

A personal suggestion from me is that, you could turn on the A/C in your room and head down to our lounge for some cold drinks while waiting for the room to cool as our lounge is air-conditioned.

I am glad that you find our hotel’s facilities up to your satisfaction and your stay was overall satisfactory and again, thank you for choosing to stay with us while you are visiting Langkawi.

Perth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Seems we suffered the same fate as others on arrival - wrong room! Had booked double on pool face, got twin on the road. We put up with it for one night on the promise of a move the next day which thankfully did happen. Hotel is a good walk from the main strip of shops and restaurants so be prepared especially in the wet season - or take taxis.

The hotel was packed during our stay which made it very noisy. They also cater for meetings and one didn't finish till gone midnight so cackling ladies in the corridor got short change!

Breakfast is ok but there are so many gannets around that the food soon needed replenishing - some people should stay at home! How stupid putting cheese on your bread then putting it in the toaster - screwed up the machine for us all. Anyway, I digress. It sufficed.

Highlight of the stay was the 3 hour "happy hour" with full strength cocktails for 8 RM and a nice selection of tapas for 4RM. So nice that twice we didn't need dinner.

Room Tip: Insist on pool side as the road side gets the full afternoon sun and takes some cooling down
Dear DcdpPerth,

Greetings from Fave Hotel

First of all, thank you for choosing to stay with us while visiting Langkawi. We are glad to have had you with us.

I would like to personally apologize to you for the shortcomings that you have had during your stay. For the bed configurations and views, we are sorry to inform that all special requests are upon availability during check-in. However, we do try our very best to accommodate all requests and I am glad to hear that you have had your requested room the next day.

Thank you for your time on writing us this review and I hope that it had not affected your overall stay with us and you could consider staying with us again in near future. If you would like to, you can drop me an email at langkawigm@favehotels.com so we can discuss further. Hope to hear from you again.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I got nothing much to say bout this hotel but satisfaction.

Why?

Great clean room + wash room + airconditioner + pool + breakfast + location + price

On top of that staff were friendly and again I extend my appreciation to the General Manager Pak Dian who helped me with my booking amendment and personally looked into our welfare. Also not to forget, Chef Yahya who did a great job serving good variety of food for breakfast.

For us, the unavailability of the mini ref in the room was substituted by the very cooling airconditioner which had kept our drinks fresh and cold.

Not like the hotel next door, the ASEANIA RESORT which was DIRTY and SMELLY, with THEIR NONSENSE regulations for their pool and lousy breakfast and wifi service. Rated 3 star and charged RM300+++/night for a place similar to building's backyard!!!

Also, for a room of about RM350+++ at RESORTS WORLD (Starcruise docked), you dont get FREE WIFI!!! But the room and the breakfast was great though.

You guys may wanna lighten up the place again by bringing in live band but probably limit the show up till 11pm only. That will surely improved the lively part of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Norwich, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

To start with the fact that the hotel has only replied to the good reviews on here sums it up pretty well. We arrived with our heavy bags, the reception staff stood there smirking at us struggling to carry our bags in. Thank you for the help!! We got put in a small twin room and I booked a superior double. I went and ask the reception why we weren't put in a room I booked and they replied that they are full. I said you should not have accepted my booking if you can't give me a room I asked for. At this a young man came over to join the conversation told me to push the beds together(the beds are unable to be pushed together as there's a wooden shelf on the wall) neither of the reception staff were apologetic in any way. As I walked off I heard him slam his pen down on the counter. Awful customer service, I've never been spoken to like that before in a hotel. Hardly a cheap price either the room is a box! On the plus side the pool is lovely and in a very good location to cenang beach and restaurants etc. breakfast is not good. Such a shame as it is a nice little hotel. Am currently staying here at the moment is this could be awkward ha!

Room Tip: Be very specific when u book a room
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
FaveCenangLangkawi, General Manager at favehotel Cenang Beach - Langkawi, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Ms. Lauren,

First of all thank you for staying with us and on your feedback.

I believe my Front Office manager had met up with you regarding to this and explained on the misunderstanding, but I would also like to apologize to you on my behalf for the unpleasant experience you have had.

Since April this year, we actually do reply on all reviews, whether good or bad as I firmly believe that feedbacks and reviews are important on helping us to improve better.
As explained by my front office manager, we definitely would not have smirked or slammed the pen on our guests. One of the receptionists had accidentally dropped the phone receiver down, causing the misunderstanding between us.

I hope you had enjoyed the rest of your stay, and please do contact me at langkawigm@favehotels.com should you be planning on a next visit so I can make your next stay a better one.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

The price is not consider cheap but the room is small.
The Aircond is hot like we being in sauna. No mini bar is quite inconvenient in the heaven of alcohol. I was keep scolded by my wife after travel so far from town to stay at this hotel. Really disappointed and spoiled my holiday mood.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Xj A,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us.

We truly apologize that you find our hotel not up to your expectations and hope that we could have done more for your stay.

As we are a budget boutique hotel we do not provide mini bars in our rooms. However, if you need to cool your items, you can easily inform our reception and we could store it for you in our freezer. For the rooms, actually our air-conditioner is not centralized and it is only turned on when you slot in the room cards, so it takes some time for cooling, especially during this time of the year. Me and my team have already looked into the matter and we are finding a way to reduce the heat in the room.

Meanwhile, please accept my apologies for the inconveniences caused to you. I truly do apologize for that. We will definitely try to improve better in the future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel for 4 days and 3 nights. Overall i got nothing to complain about the staffs and their service. My only dissappointment was, such a prestigious hotel, how do you allow foreign labours to stay- worst part, it was a whole bunch of group! Seriously it brings down the total image of this hotel..!!! I had restless nights in this hotel, the entire place was extremely noisy and their pool was fully surrounded by these people...!!! This is going to be my first n last trip to this hotel...!!!!

• Stayed September 2013
FaveCenangLangkawi, General Manager at favehotel Cenang Beach - Langkawi, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Ms. Thasvin,

First of all I would like to sincerely apologize on behalf of my team and I on the inconveniences that you have had while staying with us. I truly apologize on the discomfort that you felt towards the group. I believe my Front Office Manager had met up and discussed on the issue with you and I hope that you accept our apologies on the matter.

As she had discussed with you, kindly drop us an email on your next visit so we can make your next stay simply a better one.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Dian Pramono

Been to favehotel Cenang Beach - Langkawi? Share your experiences!