“Good Stay!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of favehotel Cenang Beach - Langkawi

Save Saved
You added favehotel Cenang Beach - Langkawi to your Saves list
favehotel Cenang Beach - Langkawi
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lot 119, Pantai Tengah, Mukim Padang Mat Sirat, Langkawi 07000, Malaysia   |
Ranked #19 of 98 hotels in Langkawi
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Good Stay!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

We (Andry) booked Fave Hotel directly from their web (10%off), check in 9 may - check out 11 may RM383 inclusive: superior room, breakfast, etc.

We stayed (2adult&6Yo daughter) at room no.217 ; good location, nice pool and hills view, room size is good enough for us, wifi is provided not too fast but pretty fair, front desk helpful, free water dispenser provided as well (normal,cold&hot), breakfast..i can't say excellent but it was good.

The only reason we did not give 5 star review is: room cards (key) was not working several times, sound proofing need attention(above us is noisy 'till past midnite), male staffs need to smile a little :) (Hotel is service&hospitality business).

But two thumbs up for Mr.Dian Pramono as a General Manager at Fave Hotel, he is very helpful, friendly & thoughtfulness.., eventhough we'd been in touch by email only.

Overall we enjoyed our stay at Fave Hotel, We'll be Back!..

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
DianSeptoPramono, General Manager at favehotel Cenang Beach - Langkawi, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Good day Pak Andry,

It’s a pleasure to know that you had enjoyed your stay with us!

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us, we are happy to have had you here and the review. We appreciate it very much.

My sincere apologies for the room card problem, we are working on an technical system at the moment. I am sorry if it has caused much inconvenience to you. I do agree we are in the hospitality service industry and should be more people friendly. I have already strongly reminded my team to always wear a smile for all guests, thank you for the feedback.

Lastly, thank you very much for your kind words. I am very delighted and grateful for your appreciation.

We will be waiting for your next return to the island. See you soon!

Warmest Greetings.

312 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We booked Fave Hotel Langkawi direct from their website, RM 208 per night including breakfast for a superior room. At first we booked their standard room, but they replied our booking by email saying that the standard room might be too small for us (family with 2 kiddos age 5 and 3).Then we booked the Superior room, after the hotel confirmed us by email that the standard room is cancelled. When we checked in, there were two rooms under my name. The problem was resolved, but I would suggest sending email prior to your arrival just to ensure you won't be facing the booking problem.

The superior room was spacious enough for the four of us. I stayed in Fave standard room before, their superior roon is much better. We got a pool and hill view side room 227. Got free and fast wifi in the hotel area. I am writing this review using their wifi.

The pool was dissappointing as the maximum depth is only 1,2m! It was one of the reason we choosed Fave Langkawi, however kiddos enjoyed it so much.

We booked tour to Pulau Payar at the tour desk at the lobby. They also offered island hopping tour for RM 35 adult and Mangroove Tour RM 90 adult. Whilst the tour to Pulau Payar is RM 140 per adult, that was the cheapest option. The luxury one cost RM 280 per adult.

Location wise, mmm you need to rent car. It's quiet a walking distance to the beach, shopping area, etc. The hotel has spacious parking place, so better to rent a car.

Overall we enjoyed our stay at Fave Hotel Langkawi. Thanks for all the hotel staff.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
DianSeptoPramono, General Manager at favehotel Cenang Beach - Langkawi, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Dear Ms. Tesya,

Am so glad to read your review so soon after you have left us. We are delighted that you had enjoyed your stay. It is always a pleasure to know that our guests are happy with their stay with us.
I have checked with our team regarding to the hiccup on your check-in and I truly apologize for the confusion on the reservation. I understand it was no excuse for the mistake, and hope that it has not caused much inconvenience to you and your family.
Thank you for sharing our hotel’s facilities to readers. I agree our pool’s depth is only at 1.2m but am glad to hear that your kids had their fair share of fun in it. As for the location of our hotel, it is around 7minutes walking distance to the nearest beach (Pantai Tengah, which also shares the same stretch of beach as Cenang) and 10-15minutes to the centre of Cenang, for more shops and restaurants.
For your information, you could also request from our reception for our Shuttle Service to the Cenang beach, which is at 10.30am, 2.30pm, and 6.30pm respectively, but do note that it is only a one way transfer and is available upon request. We will be happy to be of service to you.
Once again, thank you very much for your review and thanking us for your stay, we are heartened by it. I and my team wishes you and your family a safe trip back home and we hope to see you again on the island.

Warmest Greetings,
General Manager.
malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I stayed here with my husband on a surprise last minute holiday last month and to be frank, I was not expecting anything amazing from this hotel given its prices. However, boy was I pleasantly surprised with the hotel experience I had here. We arrived rather late, and the staff were very courteous and pleasant. In fact, they were of 5* hotel standard staff and were amazingly helpful and courteous throughout our stay with a smile always on their faces. The hotel itself is new, clean and fresh. Its vibrant colors would appeal to the young masses and make older ones feel youthful again. Another plus is that the hotel provides free drinking water at every floor so that saves you the hassle and added expense of purchasing bottles of water. The room itself was small but clean and most importantly with small rooms, the rooms here dont make you feel claustrophobic or stuffed in a box as they are airy and vibrant. The breakfast was small with not much of variety and those who prefer western breakfasts may have difficulty. Save for this point, this hotel i definitiely worth more than its rates and is a must go!

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the pool as the view from the poolside is of greenery and mountains in the back...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
DianSeptoPramono, Manager at favehotel Cenang Beach - Langkawi, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear Sherazz,

Thank you for choosing us as your preferred hotel during your stay in Langkawi. We are delighted to read such great reviews from you!

I have shared your review with my team and they were very happy to have known that you were very satisfied with our services and would like to express our gratitude for your appreciation. We are happy to be of service to you. Noted on the breakfast remark, just to inform you, bread, greens, cereals, fruits and coffee & tea is present every day but for the rest of the menu, it is changed daily.

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your pleasant experience with us to the other readers. We truly appreciate it.

We hope to see you again in Langkawi!

Warmest Regards,
Resident Manager
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This is a new hotel with very helpful staff a short walk from the main beach with shops and restaurants. It was clean, pool sparking, breakfast a nice range of choices. The only down side for us was the noise from other guests. All the floors are tiled so the sounds carry, and doors opening and closing some distance away were very noisy. The walls are also thin. A couple of nights when the hotel was not fully booked were OK but when it was busy the noise went on till after midnight.

Room Tip: Definitely a room at the back overlooking the greenery, towards mountains.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
DianSeptoPramono, Manager at favehotel Cenang Beach - Langkawi, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Workforholidays,

We are delighted to read your review and thank you very much for taking the time to post it.

First of all, I would like to thank you for staying with us in Langkawi, and many thanks for your appreciative comments and ratings on our service. We are pleased to hear that you had enjoyed your stay with us.

However, I do sincerely apologize for the noises and disturbances that you had encountered during your stay. I hope it has not affected your experience with us.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again in near future, and do contact me so I can personally make some arrangements for you, so that this time, it would be a “New, Clean & Perfect” stay.

Warmest Greetings,
Port Dickson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

A new hotel, clean and well kept, a very good location if you need to be on the west end of the island. Nothing very special about it, but if the maintenance is kept up a good place to stay.
It has a bar and lounge, pool and a restaurant. Breakfast is nothing special but it will get you started for the day.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Quepasapd,
Thank you for choosing fave hotel as your preferred hotel in Langkawi. I am glad to hear that overall you are pleased with your stay with us.
Thank you for your feedbacks, rest assured we will always keep our hotel fun, fresh, & friendly. As for the breakfast, noted on your comments, but we do serve both type of breakfasts; both local and international to accommodate with all of our guests.
Once again, thank you for your time on the review and we hope to hear from you again soon.

Warmest greetings,
kl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights with aged adults. We booked 3 standard room with connecting doors for 2 rooms. We couldn't get any upgrades though it was stated during online booking via bookdirect but we managed to check in an hour earlier.These cozy rooms comes with a clean,spacious bathroom which is an important factor for me since i'm quite particular about bathrooms. Windows cant be opened and no balcony for standard rooms. Buffet breakfast was good but I wished they had more variety. Tour desk available near reception but I didn't book from them because the tour staff was never around during our stay. You could just walk around beach area & bargain for some good deal. Staffs are very friendly & warm. I remember one housekeeping lady (Sarah), cleaned our room after we came back late from island hopping activity. Due to inadequate time, I missed splashing in the lovely looking pool. Hope to come again.

Room Tip: Standard room sufficient if always outdoor during day.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
DianSeptoPramono, Manager at favehotel Cenang Beach - Langkawi, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Kanyah,

Thank you for your time on the review and delighted to hear that you find our hotel quite up to your satisfaction.

For the upgrade of room types, I assure you we do offer our guests free upgrades but regretful to inform you that this also depends on our hotel’s availability on the season. The same goes for early check-ins. If we have rooms available, we would be more than happy to accommodate with your needs.

Regret to hear that you did not get the chance to book from the tour desk, however, for your information, you can request our receptionist’s assistance to contact them (as they are third party vendor), and we will be glad to be of service.

Noted on your suggestion on the breakfast variety, I will look into the matter for better improvement in future. I have shared the feedback to our team members and they are delighted on your compliments, especially as you personally mentioned names in your review. We truly are delighted for your appreciation for our service.

And as for the pool... no worries, you can still enjoy splashing in our pool on your next return. We shall be waiting for you til then!

Warmest Regards,
Dian Pramono,
Resident Manager
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Price is good, clean in and outside as well as the rooms and its bathrooms (Stayed 2 different rooms coz went back after unsatisfied with Aseania and Resort World). Food was good and staff are friendly.

Talked to Mr Dian, head chef and few other staff and they were all very friendly and helpful. The pool was great as well.

This is one of my favorite hotel in Langkawi and I recommend it to anyone who will travel there.

Aseania - VERY BAD - Pool restriction to muslims, Dirty walls & bathroom, Bad Wifi service, Unhelpful management.

Resort World - GOOD HOTEL but HAVE TO PAY FOR WIFI???? You paid high price for the rooms and yet wifi is not free???

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
DianSeptoPramono, Manager at favehotel Cenang Beach - Langkawi, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Putratripleseven,

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your time in writing this review and also for the generous feedbacks. We are delighted to hear such good comments from you!
I am very pleased to hear that you find our hotel to your satisfaction. As our brand culture is ‘Fun Fresh & Friendly’ thus, we try our very best to live up to it.
Your kind comments have been shared amongst our team members and my team members and I would like to personally thank you for the sati factionary comments on our services.
You are more than welcome to stay with us. We are always happy to be of service to you.

Warmest regards,
Dian Pramono,
Resident Manager.

Been to favehotel Cenang Beach - Langkawi? Share your experiences!