“good place to stay if you have a car” 3 of 5 stars
Review of favehotel Cenang Beach - Langkawi

You added favehotel Cenang Beach - Langkawi to your Saves list
favehotel Cenang Beach - Langkawi
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lot 119, Pantai Tengah, Mukim Padang Mat Sirat, Langkawi 07000, Malaysia   |
Ranked #18 of 96 Hotels in Langkawi
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“good place to stay if you have a car”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

cons: poor wifi connection, location not exactly by the beach, walls are quite thin,no fridge in the room, small rooms with not much views

pro:complimentary breakfast, albeit a very limited choice; staff are generally helpful.
pool is quite clean.hair dryer is also available

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Price: Relatively cheap

Location from beach: 10 minutes walk

Amenities: WiFi, Bath towel, Shampoo, Toothbrush, 2 bottled water everyday, complimentary breakfast, safe box, TV (with 5 channel), hair drier, common water filter(hot&cold) in the public area, swimming pool, etc

Downside: No mini bar to store your beers and chocolates, the walls are not noise proof (it get's a little annoying when your neighbor decides to switch on their idiot box)

Plus side:
Friendly staff who are ever ready to suggest places of interest in Langkawi,
Tucked away from the main street of Cenang so it's a great place if you looking forward for a quiet getaway
Convenience shop right across the street
10 minutes walk to eateries along Pantai Cenang
20 minutes walk to Langkawi Underwaterworld
5 minutes drive to boat pickup/ drop off point for island hopping
20 minutes drive from Langkawi International Airport
35 minutes drive from Kuah town

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the back of the hotel. At the time of my travel, my room overlooked green...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Looking for a hotel with Internet connection. Rang them before I went to make sure there is one. Staff said "Yes, we have WiFi". So booked their deluxe room. Arrived at hotel at 1130 am, contrary to popular belief that they let you check in early, but not so. Staff took 20 minutes to check in a guest and I have to wait for so long before being turned back. I don't mind the bureaucracy of the system, but one staff is checking in a guest while three staff at the back leaning and chatting amongst themselves. There are few more people behind me.

Arrived back at 2pm. As my check in is completed, a guest has complaint Internet not working. Staff reassured us it will work in a short while. So went to my room and settle down before going out. The room is a lot smaller than it looked on the picture. Very very basic and bear in mind this is a deluxe room. When I came back I noticed the door is not locked and my door was ajar. Then realised the lock does not work. All this time while we were out!!! Called maintenance which were fixed promptly. Luckily not busy season so nothing went missing. Even left money on table.

Air-cond is not cold despite left on when we left. Shower does not have hot water. Told the maintenance staff and they just shrugged. Internet still does not work. Complaint to reception and all they can tell me "This is not the hotel's fault. If the things are not working, it is the suppliers' fault. They should be blamed". And I told them "No, the hotel is responsible for everything that is happening in the room. of course it is the hotel's fault". The staff response was and I quote exactly "Yes, it is the hotel's fault then. So?". All the other staff looked at me as though I done something wrong in the reception.

HOW RUDE! No apologies, no offer to change the room whatsoever, Bearing in mind my manner was good all along until the staff said "so?" and no apologies. Showers and air cond worked the next day.

Second day. The Internet works partially. You can only go to search engine. And this is another conversation I have with staff. "but we got wifi...". "But I cannot go anywhere". "You can go to Google", "Yes I know but it won't search and I can't go to other websites". "I know but our wifi is working just the Internet is not". What a load of rubbish. Another guest received similar treatment because he came down to complain as well. The staff defence is just "But you can go to Google!" even though i brought my laptop and show them that it won't search and won't go to other websites.

The Internet has not work throughout the 3 days that I have stayed. At least the manager (Chinese dude) has the courtesy to explain the reason and try to set my laptop up. He rang the TM people to try to fix it. That's all I want to see. At least try to do something rather than telling me suppliers fault bla bla bla. It worked temporarily but not working again.

Breakfast was crappy. They make fresh omellete upon request. Apart from that, the rice was stale (only the first day). Noodles were okay but basic. Small selection of cereals and fruits. Bear in mind this is my comment and I am not a fussy eater...

Me and my girlfriend sat by pool the final night and order a'la carte food. The food is actually better and good value. Staff were friendly and helpful too. Shame that their hotel service is crap.

My conclusion. If this hotel is new, so many things are already wrong. I dread to think how it will be when it operates for longer. This is worst hotel experience ever, I stayed in 7 inns in China and despite a lower ranking hotel (2 stars) at least their air-cond, shower, lock and Internet actually works. Room was bigger too. I also went to other hotels but they are higher stars than this one so not fair to compare them (which is obviously better) than this hotel, Good food though, so I would at least say it is worth a visit just to eat.

Very disappointed and definitely my worst hotel experience ever. I will not return to this hotel ever again. As a business manager myself, I understand things could go wrong. But what I am really pissed off about is that I got no apologies and they all just look at me like I was causing a nuisance. And I want to stress that I did not raise my voice at any time.I also want to point out that I went there in middle of October, so not even a high season. No excuse for saying "too busy" or whatever excuse they come up with.

Room Tip: Deluxe Rooms are their most expensive yet still quiet small. Choose other hotel!
Coimbatore, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

hotel is very nice and clean... swimming pool is the best as its very clean and we dont get chlorine smell so its nice to swim for a long time... hotel staff is really nice and helpful. if you are planning a trip to langkawi do stay in this hotel they hav a store inside the hotel which wil provide you bikes for rent and all gud gud packages for water sports. we got all our packages from there and all the package were really gud. the lady in the store is very nice she wil help u to choose the packages so tat u dont waste your money.. everythin is walkable distance from this hotel.

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

The hotel is much nicer than it looks in the photographs, so I was very pleasantly surprised! It is just off the Cenang beach, so you do have to walk a bit to get to the beach, but its away from the crowds and bustle, so that is a good point. The hotel staff is very pleasant and helpful. The breakfast has a good spread of local and continental cuisine.

Take the 35 RM island hopping tour from the hotel. Its so convenient and total value for money. Great fun and well organised!

The dining area is very open and great to relax. It opens out onto the swimming pool which has a spectacular background of hills, greenery and grazing buffaloes, very relaxing! Take a room that faces the swimming pool to get this view every morning!

However, the doors are very thin and allows all sorts of sounds to get in and out of the room, so sleep could get disturbed.

Room Tip: Take a room facing the swimming pool
KL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Overall the hotel is great. but the refrigerator is not available. The day after island hopping and day activities, a cold drink is a complimentary items! Cold & hot water is available near by the escalate. The buffet style breakfast include omelet, bread, salad, fried noodle & rice, coffee & tea, orange juice, cereal breakfast, fruits. It not so much choices but enough for me. The staffs are friendly and check-in & check-out procedure also efficiency at counter. Ventilation is a bit of the problem because the window not mobility.Sound proofing also need for improving.The hotel is near by the spa centers and restaurants approximate 5-10 minutes by driving.

yanbu al-sinaiyah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We always want to stay by the beach when we are in an Island, but we give this hotel a try for a night only, since its new, we love new hotel as well.

We changed the room because it was twin bed, we want a double size bed. they changed the room fast and easy. And give us a better view of the pool and the greenery behind the hotel.

colorful hotel, clean room, comfortable bed, delicious b'fast, near many restaurants. but location, not by the beach, quite far.

Room Tip: pool view is good
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to favehotel Cenang Beach - Langkawi? Share your experiences!