“One of the best I've ever had” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 29 Spas & Wellness in Langkawi
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kuala Lumpur
“One of the best I've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

My hubby and I decided to go for the Lanna package at Alun Alun, which includes a foot bath, herbal compress massage and aromatherapy massage for 2 hours. We've read so many good reviews about this spa, and were recommended the Pantai Cenang branch opposite Casa Del Mar by the proprietor of Privilege Restaurant. I initially wanted to go to the Tropical Resort branch because I saw there was ongoing construction works at the next door building, but we were told that the environment at the Pantai Cenang branch was more relaxing.

The spa looked small in the front but when we walked in we could see that they had many rooms, water features, gardens and Balinese statues.

Our masseuses immediately put us at ease, and definitely knew what they were doing. I LOVED my masseuse, her technique and pressure was spot on (Sorry I didn't catch her name, she's the one with a beautiful serene smile, rosy cheeks and freckles). I've tried Thai massage and herbal compress massage back in KL which entailed a pounding on the back with the compress, and I was kind of expecting something like this. At Alun Alun, the way my masseuse kneaded the hot compress into my muscles was just out of the world.

After a light massage to loosen me up, she pounded and pressed the compress into my legs and my back, then massaged me with the aromatherapy oil that I picked earlier on, before working the compress on my front followed by the oil massage. It is such a relaxing experience, I would rate this as good if not better, that the massages I've had at some 5 star spa resorts in Malaysia and Thailand.

At RM280 per person or RM530 for a couple for 2 hours, the price is very reasonable for the service and quality that you get.

My only complaint is that you can hear the construction noise and halfway through a gaggle of Chinese tourists were talking really loudly outside at the lounge, but if you concentrate hard enough on your massage (like what my hubby said he did) or if you've fallen asleep, it shouldn't bother you too much.

I highly, highly recommend this spa, you must come here if you're in Langkawi!

Visited August 2013

Melbourne, Australia
51 attraction reviews
“Fantastic experience - highly recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Had a wonderful amazing experience at Alun-Alun. Started with a mini foot soak and scrub and ginger & lemongrass tea. Had a 1hr traditional Malay massage that worked all the knots and kinks out of my tired aching muscles.

Noy is amazing, she is so lovely and friendly and a wonderful masseuse. The whole spa is beautiful, you feel like you are in paradise within paradise, lovely relaxing music and sparkling facilities.

I was a walk-in with no appointment and was able to be treated straight away.

Love love love this place!

Visited July 2013
“The BEST massage ever!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Had a half hour reflexology first which was wonderful, then an hour of the best massage of my life, was an aromatherapy, I wasn't expecting anything out of the usual relaxing type, but this was incredible. Left feeling like I'd been completely worked over and floated back to the resort afterward!! Highly recommend and will definitely return next time we are back!

Visited July 2013
subang jaya
8 attraction reviews
“amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Never been to such a luxurious spa, it is quiet, beautiful and well structured with calming gardens. went with boyfriend took the exclusive package for 3hours, the massage was amazing, soothing music on the background, & friendly receptionist. My package inclusive of Body Scrub, Aromatherapy Massage, Reflexology, Herbal Tea, & Facial Spa for MYR600 for couple.Will definitely recommend this place.

Visited June 2013
Perth, Australia
23 attraction reviews
“Wonderful!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Once your through the doors it's a different world! Lovely setting & peaceful. The ladies there are very sweet & professional & the massage (I had a shoulder& back massage) was very good. Excellent prices & you won't be disappointed.

Visited May 2013