We went To Danna with our two daughters (15 & 11) for 5 days, it was our first time in Malaysia and in Langkawi. It was very difficult to make a decision on the hotel, so we read all the reviews on TA, Booking.com and Hotels.com., and finally picked The Danna. The staff (Ahmed) on check-in was very helpful and friendly. The rooms are specious, bathrooms are huge. The partition between the room and the bathroom is a wooden sliding shatters (jalousie style) won’t give any privacy, so be careful when using the toilet . We had the sea view, it was wonderful to watch boats, and the sky line changing with the weather. I liked the marina view, but they didn’t have the interconnecting rooms for our family on that wing. The breakfast was little unorganised, but I general service staff are trying their best. It’s better to go earlier – before 9am – it won’t be that busy, and you’ll get everything in time. The nearest small town with a lot of small shops and restaurants is just a few minutes’ drive. If you don’t want to take a taxi, there are around 6-7 restaurant on the marina side. We had dinner two times in “Tapas” (very good food!) and one time in Italian (was O.K.). The cable car is very close to the hotel, and also Seven wells waterfall, which I would recommend to visit. The location of the hotel is perfect, I would definitely recommend to stay there. Out of curiosity we went to check recommended Casa del Mar and Berjaya, and we were happy that we chose The Danna – it’s much-much better than those two!
- Also Known As:
- The Danna Langkawi, Malaysia Hotel Langkawi
- The Danna Langkawi, Malaysia Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Seated on a legendary island of Langkawi, Malaysia, The Danna Langkawi is a reflection of a timeless luxury vacation hotel that nestles against a backdrop of nature’s beauty. This 5-star luxury beachfront hotel in Langkawi offers an elite holiday experience, allowing you to find supreme comfort amidst an inviting ambience while admiring the unrivalled views of the white sandy beach, marina bay, sea and verdant green hills. Amid the solitude and serenity of the island, return to the heyday of the British empire and immerse yourself in colonial splendor, coupled with modern amenities and a dash of exotic intimacy. The distinct British colonial design of The Danna Langkawi is complimented by Malaysian influences that embrace the future while paying tribute to the past. The Danna Langkawi is the winner of TripAdvisor Traveler’s Choice, HAPA Platinum Service Excellence award,HAPA GOLD Resort of the Year award, HAPA GOLD Signature Luxury resort and Expedia Insiders' Select 2013. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Splendia, Cheap Tickets, AsiaRooms, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , HotelTravel.com, Tingo and Otel so you can book your The Danna Langkawi, Malaysia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.