“Boot Camp!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Green Village Langkawi

You added Green Village Langkawi to your Saves list
Green Village Langkawi
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Jalan Pantai Tengah | Teluk Baru, Langkawi 07100, Malaysia   |
Ranked #56 of 126 Langkawi B&B and Inns
“Boot Camp!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Breakfast provided was a waste of time. Rooms old and over priced. Service was the worst. We were told to keep quiet by the manager at 10pm because we woke her up from her sleep unfortunate for us our room was close to hers. 6 adults talking decently outside the room was too noisy for her. (We were not the only guest relaxing outside the room sadly we were the nearest to her. Second day we again was told not to bring our drinks close to the pool by the same manager(the drinks was on the chair outside the pool,we were not drinking in the pool nor was the drinks close enough to fall into the pool). On the last day while relaxing waiting to check out we were called aside by the same manager and given an education session and was blamed for the pool being dirty and due to our lack of knowledge she had to clean the pool ( I always thought pools at resorts are cleaned on a daily basis, guess I was wrong. We the 6 of us was in the pool for less then an hour just swimming and playing with a ball, a pool which is used by almost all the guest at the resort which was already dirty to start with got blamed) . Conclusion will never stay there again, we got insulted, we were watched like a hawk and was treated like some participant in a boot camp. A true mood spoiler to a holiday which was suppose to be relaxing.

• Stayed June 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We decided to stay here just seeing the name "Green Village" and the name goes well with ambiance of the resort. This is resort is full of nature, clean & fresh environment.

I am late in writing the review though I stayed in feb month end but the stay still remains fresh in my mind. Special thanks to Prema Naidu for her kind hospitality and humble staff.

We wish to visit again if happen to come Langkawi.

-Hemant.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We booked the family room during the March school holidays which also coincided with LIMA. It was a small, clean no frills rooms. Adequate for those spending most of their time outdoors. The rooms were overpriced at double the usual rate due to the LIMA, but I understand this was the case with other hotels around Langkawi as well.

Pros:
Excellent staff, very friendly
Lovely garden with playground for children
All rooms face the garden and pool
Nice pool

Cons:
No water pipe outside room to wash feet, thus the sand and dirt gets into the room
Away from the beach
Below average breakfast
Overpriced

We would return here, however not during the peak season.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

For RM 230/ night we expected soooooo much more. We booked the family suite for 2 nights because it could accommodate 3 adults and 1 child. The hotel was easy to get to from the airport via a cheap cab ride. The room was filthy, had mold and bugs. The pillows were rock hard, we could not even bend them in half. There were large gaps around the doors and I could hear creatures running across the roof all night long. For some reason the FAMILY suite is next to the very noisy bar, the first night music went until 130am, the second night the live band played until 2am. Why would a family suite be placed next to the bar??? The free breakfast is a joke, they didn't even have brewed coffee (only instant; gross) or juice. The buffet consisted of very salty eggs, hotdogs, soggy egg rolls, and toast. Lemonade or tea were the beverage options. We were there on a Monday and Tuesday, very little was open in the morning, not even the coffee shop next door (it didnt open til 5pm??!!). The restaurant that they advertised on the website was not open either night but Monday night they did have some food to eat prepared by a chef they were trying out and they let my daughter and I sample it for free.
The grounds are nice and well maintained and my daughter had alot of fun in the pool and on the playground. The staff was also very friendly. There is alot of restaurants, bars, spas and shops within walking distance but the ATM is a pretty far walk. Ayer spa right down the road was well worth the walk and the money. RM98 for and hour long massage.
We probably will be back to Langkawi but not the Green Village Resort. Maybe if they did major upgrades or really dropped the price.

Room Tip: Check out the Ayer Spa.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Christchurch, New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Dirty, no hot water and telephone in the rooms. I booked my sister, mum and husbands for a three days stay but checked out after 1 night. The proprietors was kind to let us cancel.
I think the hotel could have been nice if it was up graded and their cleanliness seen to.

Room Tip: Not sure we can.
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The management asked me to write a review good or bad. In all my travels this is my first review.
Stayed 5 nights.
Bad. Breakfast don't bother. Distance. long walk esp in heat. Room. small but adequate.
Good. Pool is a big plus. and a even bigger plus... the Staff ! Very friendly . polite. and professional .made us feel very welcomed. We enjoyed having a swim and cold beer (BYO) on our verandah in the arvo after a long hot day sightseeing .
Yes needs alot of polishing here and there but their intentions are sincere.
To Management.... Bigger coffee cups. and upgrade breakfast menu would be a bonus.

Denmark, Western Australia, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I booked through Wotif, so I assumed I would be in good hands...I was wrong!

After 22 hours of travel from London we arrived at the hotel(I was ill with the flu) at 11pm expecting to check into the rooms I had booked, the receptionist told us they only had one room booked for us. Well this was immediately upsetting and we had to convince her that I had booked two more deluxe rooms, we eventually ended up in 3 standard rooms which are more sub standard! as the hot water wasn't hot, the fan didn't work, someones clothes were still hanging on the rail outside and the bed sheet had a hole in it!
The next morning my friend was offered the deluxe room that we had booked which was nothing like deluxe, a larger bed and bathroom, but practically the same room! He moved as the noisy air con from his standard room prevented him from sleeping. We declined the deluxe room as I was sick and didn't see the point in moving for a slightly larger bed, my son was happy in his standard room. We were also very tired as the bar/disco had a band playing til about 2 am, it's practically part of the complex so no escaping the noise! and don't forget the power tools in the day!
Now onto breakfast, just to let you know we are on our 3rd day here so I might update this later, there was nothing left by the time we got to the dining room at 9 am this morning, so we waited, ordered a boiled egg and 2 fried eggs, they charged for the boiled egg and brought out a raw egg, we complained and waited, still no fried eggs, I'm getting hungry! they have plain sliced white bread to toast and they brought out some beans to the buffet, as well 2 types of sausages which are a bit wierd, the egg came out again slightly cooked so still raw, it got sent back, still no fried eggs, I had some toast and went back to bed(fever) when all the eggs arrived! Safe to say we will be eating breakfast out as the idea of being poisened isn't too appealing!

The place seems to have potential but is let down by its standards, it is over priced for what they offer and I do feel deceived as I was expecting better from what I saw on the Wotif website. It is more suited to the back packer with money to throw away.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Green Village Langkawi? Share your experiences!