“Very Old.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Green Village Langkawi

Save Saved
You added Green Village Langkawi to your Saves list
Green Village Langkawi
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Jalan Pantai Tengah | Teluk Baru, Langkawi 07100, Malaysia   |
Ranked #42 of 121 Langkawi B&B and Inns
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Very Old.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Dirty, no hot water and telephone in the rooms. I booked my sister, mum and husbands for a three days stay but checked out after 1 night. The proprietors was kind to let us cancel.
I think the hotel could have been nice if it was up graded and their cleanliness seen to.

Room Tip: Not sure we can.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

86 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The management asked me to write a review good or bad. In all my travels this is my first review.
Stayed 5 nights.
Bad. Breakfast don't bother. Distance. long walk esp in heat. Room. small but adequate.
Good. Pool is a big plus. and a even bigger plus... the Staff ! Very friendly . polite. and professional .made us feel very welcomed. We enjoyed having a swim and cold beer (BYO) on our verandah in the arvo after a long hot day sightseeing .
Yes needs alot of polishing here and there but their intentions are sincere.
To Management.... Bigger coffee cups. and upgrade breakfast menu would be a bonus.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Denmark, Western Australia, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I booked through Wotif, so I assumed I would be in good hands...I was wrong!

After 22 hours of travel from London we arrived at the hotel(I was ill with the flu) at 11pm expecting to check into the rooms I had booked, the receptionist told us they only had one room booked for us. Well this was immediately upsetting and we had to convince her that I had booked two more deluxe rooms, we eventually ended up in 3 standard rooms which are more sub standard! as the hot water wasn't hot, the fan didn't work, someones clothes were still hanging on the rail outside and the bed sheet had a hole in it!
The next morning my friend was offered the deluxe room that we had booked which was nothing like deluxe, a larger bed and bathroom, but practically the same room! He moved as the noisy air con from his standard room prevented him from sleeping. We declined the deluxe room as I was sick and didn't see the point in moving for a slightly larger bed, my son was happy in his standard room. We were also very tired as the bar/disco had a band playing til about 2 am, it's practically part of the complex so no escaping the noise! and don't forget the power tools in the day!
Now onto breakfast, just to let you know we are on our 3rd day here so I might update this later, there was nothing left by the time we got to the dining room at 9 am this morning, so we waited, ordered a boiled egg and 2 fried eggs, they charged for the boiled egg and brought out a raw egg, we complained and waited, still no fried eggs, I'm getting hungry! they have plain sliced white bread to toast and they brought out some beans to the buffet, as well 2 types of sausages which are a bit wierd, the egg came out again slightly cooked so still raw, it got sent back, still no fried eggs, I had some toast and went back to bed(fever) when all the eggs arrived! Safe to say we will be eating breakfast out as the idea of being poisened isn't too appealing!

The place seems to have potential but is let down by its standards, it is over priced for what they offer and I do feel deceived as I was expecting better from what I saw on the Wotif website. It is more suited to the back packer with money to throw away.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Moscow, Russia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Stayed in the hotel for five nights and are so happy to check out. Positive things are daily room cleaning i.e. change of towels and those tiny soaps and drinking water. The bed linen was changed just before the check out morning. The breakfast is very basic - first morning we had scrambled eggs, all other mornings were fired eggs & all the same paper taste sausages. The swimming pool is nice. Wishing you to get a room with good aircon, not noisy as the one we got. In addition you will be so lucky not to get Chinese neighborhood - first night somebody was puking starting at about 2 a.m.- the toilet sounds are all yours as well - and the second night all eight of them were sitting outside next to our door, drinking beer and seem like having fun after 10.30 p.m. Another thing annoyed us for the entire stay is the disco - the music stops at about 2 am - so if you can sleep without ear plugs, the hotel is all yours. In our room there was no rag to hang towels but the metal odd framing in the room. Ah, there are hotels where you think the room and other services is the pure magic – not here though – the staff were cutting the grass, cementing the path, cleaning the swimming pool – here we`ve got the feeling being not guests, but persons disturbing the staff.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I dont often give a two star review but the facilities and room quality here were below what I would expect for the price paid. Bedroom was small with just a metal frame providing hanging space for clothes. Bathroom was bare concrete except for a few tiles around the shower, and the shower head itself was falling off the wall. The grounds were rather spartan and the pool, while clean, was again surrounded by concrete.

Plenty of noise from the roofs at night with squirrels, or was it rats, running over them.

Breakfast was basic, with no choice, although what there was was cooked to order due to so few people staying there.

Location is too far from the main beach, unless you have transport, being about 25 minutes walk.

The hotel lacked any sense of life or vibrancy, meaning that it was quiet and peaceful but this was one of the few benefits. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

good location,go to beach tengah walk only 5 minute,location near many restaurant,green village langkawi have room for family ,clean,the room very suitable for family and room rate not expensive suitable for back packer,

Room Tip: family room
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Dorset
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Excellent bar. Upto date with good decent music. Live bands too. Best pool table in Asia....no sticky tape on it! Good toilets! Good prices. We come here a lot cause everyone is friendly. Abit out of the way but worth it. Near to Sunba night club if you really want to party. Well done to Sanjay and Imran.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Green Village Langkawi? Share your experiences!