“Budget accommodation in the middle of Kuah town” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Azio Hotel

Save Saved
You added Azio Hotel to your Saves list
Azio Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No 1-19 Jalan Pandak Mayah 7 | Kuah, Langkawi 0700, Malaysia   |
Ranked #35 of 98 hotels in Langkawi
Kuala Lumpur
“Budget accommodation in the middle of Kuah town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Its a budget hotel in the middle of Kuah town. Walking distance to some of the best duty free shopping outlets. The Azio duty free outlet is just next door, and the price is competitive. Azio also provides rental car service - VW Polo sedan.

Room is clean, and wifi is free. Its in the middle of town, so a bit far from the beaches. My only peeve is the bathroom does not have a lock for the door, but its not really a big deal.

Friendly and helpful staff. :)

Room Tip: Good clean budget hotel in the middle of Kuah.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

114 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed for two nights at hotel for two nights. The room, itself apppear to look nice, but I found lots of small ants crawling all over the room. I saw a few on the white bed cover, head board and even the washroom constantly throught out the time I was there. On top of that, I found a dead cockrock right under my bed. Then another one crawling around.

What I found most disturbing is that the staff were very dishonest about the cost of services. For example, I sign up for the Mangrove Tour at the hotel which I paid 130Rm. The next morning, when I was talking to another staff, she said it cost 120 Rm. Then when I arrived at the tour, a couple who were from the Bayview Hotel, only paid 100RM. Furthermore, the staff also lied to me about the cost of taxi services like a 4-hour private serivice would cost 100rm instead of 130rm. In Langakawi, there is a chart with the proper fare for taxi services. Furthermore, when I tried to get the desk staff to call a taxi driver whom I had a card, she just insisted that the number didn't work.

Too many discrepencies. Very dishonest staff. Also the location of the hotel is in Kuah, so it is quite far from the beaches and the attractions. One is better off getting a hotel closer to beach area where that is more going on. There are mainly only duty-free shops nearby.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Natal, RN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Arriving in Langkawi by boat, its just a few minutes taxi drive towards Kuah town. Lots of shops and restaurants around , even a weekend night market just 4 min on foot from the hotel. We had a clean modern room,excellent bed, Plasma TV, nice bathroom, friendly staff, Wifi worked only in the reception area. If you come for the beaches , you shouldn't stay in a Kuah Town Hotel.

Room Tip: Not near the reception if you are a "lightsleeper"
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Me and my friend were staying in this "hotel" for three nights during our trip through Malaysia. After staying very happily in hostels in other cities, and reading the reviews in TripAdvisor for this "hotel", we had high expectations. Not luxury, but something decent, at least.

Let´s start.The women in the reception were truly rude. Everytime we asked for something, like where could we go for lunch, they kept staring at us like if they were forgiving our lifes. The "quite room" they gave us was located at the end of the corridor, so WIFI from the lobby couldn´t be reached from there. No window room, so small that everytime we wanted to make a movement, we needed to plan it in advance. No wardrobes nor space to leave our luggage. After a short shower, all the room was a kind of mess.

But this is not the worst part. First morning we spent there, all kind of alarms and ringing bells woke us up, plus there was a "big" group of asian people checking out at 8 and they were as noisy as a street market and no one was telling them to show some respect to the rest of the customers. They promissed us that wouldn´t happen again, but the next two mornings the noise was the same, with or without a group of asians.

When the women in the reception listened to our complaints, they kept looking at us with the face described in the second paragraph and did just nothing.

As a positive point, we decided to rent a car for one day and it was a new Volkswagen Polo and worked really well.

It has been the worst experience of our great malay tour, by far. NEVER would recommend it, ever for an enemy.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
serdang
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I was join a trip from Johor with 40 other people. We arrived earlier but they didn't have enough room for all of us eventhough we had made reservation. Then, we have to wait about an hour before they give us a room but we have to share, for example I come with my family, 6 of us my parents and my sibling, we all grown ups (15-23 yrs old) , then they give us 2 queen bed for 6 people. Can u imagine that? we have to share the same bed with my parents. It very packed. There are some family who have to stay with other family. Then,the bathroom was open view, you can see the people inside showering, quit embarrassing for Malay people like me luckily all of my sibling are girl but still we are feeling shy to naked in front of our father. And because of my large family, they gave us the back room which you have to turn around to the back building, we got the third floor room and the worst are there was no lift.. We have to climb up with our heavy bag, and my parents in their 50s, so they had a very hard time. Luckily it is just one night stay, and we had bad vacation because of this. Oh ya, we got a refund the next day because of not enough room.

Room Tip: choose the front room because they have a lift
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights here, a cheap small room but very good, comfortable hotel. The rooms are equipped with air conditioned, hot water, flat screen LCD tv. Worthit. So far no complaint. Satisfied for the price I paid.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

clean,good room - 2 king bed with window but no internet in room as advertise. but who needs internet when we are on holiday? location wise: is in walkin distance to major hotspots such as jai restaurant, duty-free shops, banks, fast-food restaurants, clinics, pharmacies. jetty point is less than 10mins, langkawi fair is about that distance too. there is a playground for kids to stretch.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Azio Hotel? Share your experiences!