“Horrible Story!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 98 hotels in Langkawi
Montreal, Canada
“Horrible Story!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We've been travelling for several months before arriving in Sweet Inn in Langkawi. As everywhere in Malaysia, you have to pay in advance your accomodation. We didn't knew for how long we would stay so we paid for 2 days and than another 2 days. My boyfriend got really really sick, the staff knew because I had to come back to the hotel evrytime I had to call the insurance and I was out of it and crying. The insurance had to flew us out of there by private jet...

1- Avoid the hospital in Langkawi, it's a hole, and the care is zero
2- The hotel didn't want to reimbursed me one night that I paid but we were evacuated so I had to go right away. I had no energy to fight this battle
3- The last night I woke up in the middle of the night and I had bedbugs crawling in front of my eyes! The guy said: 'it's ok, there is also bedbugs in room 5' we were in room 11.

Please, DON'T GO THERE AND DON'T SUPPORT THIS HOTEL!
Thanks

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

101 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Amersfoort
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

If you're looking for a nice place to stay, with a reasonable price, on a good location, Sweet Inn is your motel. It has all the basic facilities and the rooms are neat and reasonably in size.

Breakfast was not that good though, the shower at our room did not function very well, the mattress was definately not ergonomically and the motel was a little noisy.

We've stayed here for 5 nights and are quite satisfied.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed there recently and here's my review
Pros:
Clean room
Air conditioned
Adequate amenities in the room including hot water
Not too far from the main road but quite location
An adequate breakfast but they could be more creative
Staff were fine
Value for money

Cons:
Room number 5 has a leaking ceiling so when you're sitting on the loo,you get a constant drip drip on the head
The cafe is run by a strict lady.One couple didn't know they had to clear put away their dishes after eating and left them on the table.The lady instantly reported to the reception who in turn told the cleaner to tell the couple to pick up their plates and place them in the designated bins.How difficult is it to help clear the tables.It's not a difficult job to do so.I don't understand why guest are made to clear their dishes when not many people are eating there.I'm not adverse to labor but she shouldn't have made the couple(who were already in their room)to go and clear their table.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I have stayed for 2 nights at 23-24/9.
I feel at home there.
situation began to change when night by night.
my body was experiencing itching and red spots.
that continued until the morning, it interferes with my sleep.
on the next day, I asked for my room tidy.
although my room tidy, the same problem still recurs.
what I found there were bugs on the mattress, sheets and blankets.
This surprised me, I have asked the motel employees to see my room.
they just spraying ....
I think the poison is not suitable, it is not for the bugs because it is poison for mosquitoes ...
I had to check out early, could not stand the situation.
I certainly would not stay here again ......!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: dont chosse any room... need to repair your room!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

We were here with the intention to stat for à few nights. We left after the first night. In the beginning staf is really friendly. Bit after we told them we would leave they didn't even say hello. We are traveling with two small kids so we asked if they have breakfast for them. They had only à few pieces of bread with nothing om it! If you want egg, you have to pay extra!!! But we took the room including breakfast. We didn't have toiletpaper in the room. And the bed was horrible.. I really slept on the iron things in the metrass. Also the shower kept going cold-warm-cold, not really mice. So i wouldn't recomend this motel!!

• Stayed September 2012
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Moved here from AB Motel on main street, which was awful. Pleased to see, for same price here, big, clean room, big bed, good aircon, clean bathroom, better atmosphere. Also had benefit of wifi. Location is really good, just behind main street, but central to bars and restaurants, and less than 5 minutes walk to the beach.

Staff were friendly and unobtrusive. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and would happily recommend.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Montreal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

It wasn't anything fancy, but it had electricity, hot water, aircon and a clean bed. For the price, it was definitely worth it. The free breakfast wasn't anything special, but it was food and there was plenty of it. Wasn't like some places where the free breakfast is coffee and toast only. We loved to venture over to Gecko's to get the hostel scene to meet people and there were tons of super friendly cats who just wanted affection. It's very close to the beach, but wasn't noisy at all at night. We only dealt with a lady at the front desk and she was super friendly, so we had great service.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Sweet Inn? Share your experiences!