I read quite many posts here on TripAdvisor and understood that people were complaining about cats, cleaning and standard in relation to what you pay. I got this place recommended from a couple of friends which was the reason why we tried it. Our friends stayed at BonTon but since that was fully booked over Xmas we stayed at the more luxury sister resort Temple Tree.
I'd say it wasn't completely worth the 1100rm we paid per night but other than that it was great! Colonial style and the country side feeling was exactly what we needed and we stayed in the room Colonial 3 which had two wooden bath tubes and much space to enjoy.
I don't fancy cats that much but I must say they didn't bother me at all. Cleanness was good but I understand those of you that have mentioned that in your reviews. But given that this isn't a fancy hotel we had absolutely no problem what so over - it's clean enough and with its country side/colonial style it kind of fits in.
Best thing was the quietness and the food at BonTon! Amazing food and they had pretty much had everything on the menu which also was better than many fine dining restaurants. Drinks were super as well.
All in all - if you expect a five star hotel and all that comes with a proper hotel – find somewhere else to stay. If you fancy something different with a genuine touch - stay here but make sure to get a better deal than we did even though it was Xmas. It would have been a five if the price would have been better.
- Also Known As:
- Temple Tree At Bon Ton Hotel
- Temple Tree At Bon Ton Hotel Langkawi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Though classified as B&B/Inn, Temple Tree is actually more of a boutique resort of many cultures, an eclectic mix of heritage chic...Antique buildings of Chinese, Malay, Indian and Eurasian origin, make up this 8 villa hotel, with 8 rooms & 6 suites now open. Each building has, over its 70-110 year old history, created its own heart and soul. Hopefully we have given due respect to each of these family homes with the restoration process. These houses are now the continuing story of people who live in them, our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Splendia, AsiaRooms, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Temple Tree at Bon Ton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.