“Average stay” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Bahagia

Save Saved
You added Hotel Bahagia to your Saves list
Hotel Bahagia
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No 68 - 78, Persiaran Bunga Raya, | Langkawi Mall, Phase II, Kuah, Langkawi, Malaysia   |
Ranked #60 of 98 Hotels in Langkawi
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
“Average stay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stay here for my vacation to Langkawi for 2 nights. I do not really like the hotel because it looks old. The rooms really dirty and not clean. Toilet is big but no amenities provided. The hotel located far from Town which not suitable for those who find walking distance hotel to city centre.

I experienced problem when check in on the day I come here. I check in at night about 11PM as my flight was delayed. The time we check in, we get our room key and we proceed to the room at 2nd floor. Unfortunately we are unable to open the room with the key given. We have to use the lift to go to the lobby and ask assistance from the receptionist. Then they change the room key card and ask us to try again. At the 2nd time we try, room still cannot open which is make us really angry. We are really tired at that time, and we will need to go down again using the lift and seek the receptionist again, this time, I am really angry and they the receptionist to make sure the room can be open.

This time we got the room key card and they change us to room at 3rd floor and the worst thing is we facing the same thing which make us very angry. I ask my spouse to wait and I go to the lobby. I warn them to make sure one of their staff follow us by answer given only him working at that night. He then change us to 2nd floor again to another room and then only we can open the room. Can you guys imagine on how all this can be happen. I am still can understanding this but I dont think so if it is happen to the another guest.

Breakfast was OK and not really variety. Overall stay just OK for me and nothing special about the hotel. Not realy good for those who need to find relaxing hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure to get the correct room key card to avoid any inconvenience.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Penang Island, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Booked for family room with such a disappointing cause there is no LIFT and I have to take the stairs and climb up to 4th FLOOR .....Ridiculous !

There is a Thai Restaurant just beside the hotel, food is delicious however the price is slightly high.
About 15-20 minutes walk to Langkawi Haji Ismail shop lot nearby Bayview Hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

We supposed to stay at my hotel but the hotel are over booked. So they transffered us to this hotel hotel bahagia.
The room are very dirty. A lot of cockraoches. The floors wry dirty and the toilet very stain and smelly. Overall very very dirty.

• Stayed January 2013
Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

The hotel is situated at the center of Kuah Town, which an easy access to the spots nearby - Eagle Square. The room is clean, just a little bit small (like most of the budget hotel), an ideal choice especially for backpacker which just for rest after whole day exploring in island. This hotel also prepared breakfast (buffet - self service) for the customers, which is an unusual for budget hotel. The menu prepared seem same for everyday, but not comment because it was free!!!

Friendly reminder: If you are from outside, you can consider for rent a small car, which an easy access to the island by your own with the help of Island Map that you can take from most places.

Room Tip: request for a room with window/ corner room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

A slight change in plan sees us staying an extra day in Langkawi. Decided to check-in into Hotel Bahagia even though the reviews are not that encouraging. After all, we're checking out early the next morning so there is nothing to lose. The check-in process was fast, and we took a lift to our room.

It was a bit smallish (what would you expect for the price, hehe?), but my wife loves the decor and the bathroom. Its clean and equipped with the usual amenities. With satellite TV (ESPN and HBO as well) and free wi-fi, is a plus point. The breakfast spread is local fare with quite a number of varieties, with fruits, bread and juices. A hearty breakfast indeed :)

Location-wise, its at the back of the main road but there are a number of shops around means foods and other stuffs are not that far away.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights, when we arrived it seemed nice, got to our room and firstly there was two single beds instead of the double we had booked, secondly it stank of smoke/ cigarettes and third there were massive cobwebs in the room.
I went back down to reception and asked to be moved but they said all rooms were smoking and that there were no double rooms at the rate we had booked so they had upgraded us to this room (definitely didn't look like an upgrade) but there were also no doubles available. Never mind.

Slept well, got up for our breakfast which we had pre- paid for with the room. Was a pretty poor selection and there was no scrambled eggs left and the sausages were cold, the watermelon was dried out. we thought we would leave it as we had come down quite late, was nearly finishing time for breakfast anyway so thought that's why the food hadn't been refilled.

Afternoon - came back to the room, the cleaners had been in.. Cobwebs were still there and beds not made!?!

Evening - went to go to the rooftop bar for dinner, couldn't find it or how to get there. I asked at reception, and was told it's closed with no explanation.
Went to the normal restaurant downstairs instead but as we went to sit down we were told it was closed and not serving as they had a big group coming!!
No sign up or anything to let us know.

Next morning up earlier for the breakfast, pretty much the same as the previous morning.. no eggs, no bread for the toast, cold sausages, no orange juice.. Waited a few minutes and nothing was re-filled so had to go and ask.
There were also flies floating in the milk!!

Was all in all not a great stay, it wasn't awful but just really disappointing as we were looking forward to a nice room and stay for a couple of nights.

On the upside, the beds were comfy and had tea/coffee making facilities in the room.

• Stayed June 2012
Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

Stayed for one night on 19 April 2012 in a standard room for RM57.00 net per night with breakfast for 2 persons. Check in and check out was smooth.

I was lucky to be given a corner room (room no. 129) and with window as most of the standard rooms are without window. The room is bigger than the normal standard room with wardrobe but no hook for hanger.

I called the reception for praying mat and to fix the faulty light. Within 5 minutes, they arrived at my room.

The cleanliness of the room was acceptable. Basic room amenities are provided like hair dryer, kettle, 2 bottles mineral water and bathroom toiletries like shower gel, shampoo and two bath soaps. No toothpaste and toothbrush. The 32 inch flat television has all the five local channels plus Astro AEC, Discovery Channel, Cartoon Network, HBO and ESPN.

I enjoyed the breakfast with many varieties like nasi lemak, fried noodles, fried eggs, porridge, sausages, hash browns, bread, fruits, mixed vegetables and curry chicken.

I wish to thank Mr Khairuddin for his help during my reservation. Hotel Bahagia is fortunate to have him as he is customer oriented despite being a new staff.

The Langkawi Parade Shopping Mall is located at the back of the hotel and within 10 minutes walk. I don’t think you could find such a good value three star hotel in Kuah town.

Room Tip: Ask for a standard room with window
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Bahagia? Share your experiences!