“Paid too much, waited too long and insulted twice..” 1 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: 13 Years old of this restaurant, moved out from pantai ceneng to Ulu melaka, just 7 minuets drive from airport and 6 minuets drive from four season resort or Tanjung rhu resort, we provide pick up and drop on your request.Beautiful Panoramic view, lavish valley and real sun set,peaceful dining experience in middle of real paddy fields.Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, specialty and recommended by chef jimmy, group booking up to 200 people. COOKING LESSON FROM 2:PM TO 5.00PM DAILY
Petaling jaya
“Paid too much, waited too long and insulted twice..”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Read all the great review on the internet and brochures. So, my fiance and i were looking forward to spending a romantic time at Jimmy's. It was quite dark and opened to a small patch of paddy field which made the atmosphere seemed serene and promissing for a good night ahead.

Service was slow. I was hungry and It was incredibly frustrating. My only entertainment was watching the many fat lizards feeding. Not recommended to those whom are not ok with pest.

food was disappointing. Paid nearly 300 for seafood platter which supposedly included lobster. Came out to be only a very tiny lobster tail which I suspect is more likely to be a crayfish tail instead. Other food on the platter is not worth the mentioned.

The worst for me is that - the practice of double standard service offered by Jimmy was appalling. He was cordial and friendly to all of his ang mo customers but instead snubbed us locals when we asked for basic service such as taking our orders. While his ang mo customers were 'entertained' by the delightful introduction of his menu specials - we got a long lesson of waiting to be served... Instead of attending to us, we were told off that we should '...take our time to enjoy the atmosphere' ...

I don't hope for anyone else to experience the same. It's quite sad.

Jade Leong - Kuala Lumpur, disappointed fellow Malaysian.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Brisbane, Australia
“Best Food in Malaysia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

This place is unique and set in a very beautiful setting among a rice padi. You will be surprised by the decor and ambience when you are seated. We had the privilege of spending a bit of time with Jimmy and he gave us one of his recipes for Vegetables Julienne which is very personal and not something you get at most restaurants. Jimmy makes a point of talking to each of his guests. We also got to meet Sopihe, Jimmy's wife, who is also behind a lot of the quality fo the food and talked about their passion for food..

The food was superb, so much so that we went back again on our last night after trying other restaurants but they did not match this. The cost was exceptionally reasonable for the quality.

They may be moving premises in the not too distant future but do yourself a favour and find Jimmy wherever he is on the Island and try the food. Trust me, you wont be disappointed.

Tereema Kasai Jimmy

Mark and Pam

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Hamilton, United Kingdom
“A bit hit and miss”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Having read their leaflet with all the positive Tripadvisor reviews we were seduced to try Jimmy's. To be honest, the food was a little hit and miss. The pakora and beef rendang was very good, the samosa and Thai prawn dish not so good. I found the service over attentive to be honest but prices were good.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Do not skip dessert.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

Oh man Jimmy makes a nice dessert especially the mango kulfi which was just delicious.

We styled across this place by accident having failed to locate Laman Ria.

Set on the rice paddies close to town this little haunt provides great atmosphere.

I found the pakora for entry somewhat average but I don't think I'm a huge fan of the dish overall.

While the beef butter masala didn't strike me as amazing it was a decent dish while my partner's chicken redang was simply delicious.

For me the place shone through its deserts which were jaw-droppingly good and cheap.

Reviews on here indicating Malaysian customers are mistreated are disturbing but I can only go on my experience. In this instance staff and Jimmy played good hosts offering helpful advice without laying it on too thick.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Bergen, Norway
“Fantastic food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

Went here after getting a free brochure with lots of comments from tripadvisor on it. Fantastic food and very nice prices. Nothing else to say really. Oh, you might want to bring some sanatizer as there was no soap in the toilet, but that's really the only drawback, and has nothing to do with the food or the whole experience. They also have high chair for the baby, if you have one.

• 5 of 5 stars Food