My family (2 adults plus 2 kids (3 and 5)) loved our stay at Forest House in Sunset Valley.
Forest house is cute, clean and spacious with 2 bedrooms, bathroom, kitchenette and a big deck that we used all the time as our living space. We loved watching the Tokay Lizard that lived on Forest House and seeing the women collecting rubber from the plantation behind it. It was the perfect place to stay in to really experience Langkawi.
The grounds at Sunset Valley are lovely and very well maintained. There’s heaps of room for the kids to run around and plenty of toys and games for them to use. We saw squirrels and flying fox’s and plenty of interesting birds, insects and lizards. The sunsets were beautiful and the chanting monks in the distance added to the relaxed vibe.
Sunset Valley is a great base to drive around Langkawi from (we hired a car from Andre and Ria) and a relaxing place to come home to each afternoon. Its 2 minutes drive to some yummy restaurants and great night markets.
Ria and Andre have a kitchen stocked like a well-priced 7/11, so if you need bread or beer (or anything else) you just take what you need, write it in the honesty book and pay at the end of your stay- very convenient. The beer fridge by the pool operates under the same system and we used it well! They also had frisbees, hulu hoops and heaps of other toys and games for the kids to use around the grounds or in the pool.
The negatives about our stay were that the bins didn’t get emptied regularly and air-con and toilet paper weren’t included in the accommodation price. But these drawbacks were incidental and completely overshadowed by all the great things about Sunset Valley.
We loved our stay in Forest House at Sunset Valley and would highly recommend it. A beautiful and relaxing place to stay and great value for money!
- Also Known As:
- Langkawi Holiday Houses - Sunset Valley Hotel
- Langkawi Holiday Houses - Sunset Valley Hotel Langkawi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunset Valley is located in the middle of the main island of Langkawi's 99 island archipelago overlooking the beautiful rice paddies with a view to the 500 million year old geological formation and rain forest. Our resort has 6 traditional Malay houses for rent, all with inside and outside living area, kitchen, veranda, air condition and western style luxury bathrooms. There is a swimming pool and pavilion with BBQ facilities in a common area. We also offer breakfast as an option and on request. In our little convenience store our guests can buy food and drinks for meal preparation in their own houses. This is especially convenient for late arrivals. We are happy to help and advise our guests choosing the most suitable island activities for them. The most popular activities are: snorkeling or scuba diving, mangrove boat tours, luxury boat cruises, island hopping, jungle walking, kayak tours, SPA and massage treatments, and many more.Another great way to discover the island is by car or motorbike which we are happy to book for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Sunset Valley Holiday Houses reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.