“An unbelievable day !!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 88 Activities in Langkawi
Type: Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Damai Indah and Damai Indah Lagi are charming traditional wooden cargo-boats that Eva, the only lady-captain in the area, has converted and renovated to become luxurious charter-boats. She and her crew are passionate about sailing and offer cruises around the archipelago of Langkawi on the highest standard possible. Food is cooked fresh on the boats either by Eva herself or by a professional chef and caters on the highest level possible for all nations and diets. The bar is always well stocked up and includes most poplar drinks and spirits.The crusing area covers the most beautiful islands of the archipelago and is far off the beaten track.If you opt for a sharing cruise or a private charter – you will be in good hands!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
London, United Kingdom
“An unbelievable day !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

As first timers to Langkawi to have been able to have this wonderful boat experience was the highlight of the holiday. Greeted with smiles and drinks by the crew led by Captain Dean (who knows everything there is to know about the Islands), setting off in sunshine and served wonderful food we anchored in the cover of 3 smalll islands had a welcome swim, tour by dinghy of island caves with bats for company, around the islands to spot Sea Eagles nesting and fishing, off to a deserted beach paradise. Returning to harbour more food more drink, the arrival of owner Eva by narrow boat in a tropical storm that suddenly errupted and for us all to celebrate and bless the future of the newly engaged couple on board and finally a sunset of split sky with lowering red ball and deep black reflecting the contrasting weather of the day. Dreamlike ! Thank You- David and Jude

Visited February 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
“Once-in-a-lifetime experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I have to start my comments by thanking Eva's excellent arrangement for my fiancee's birthday celebration as well as my wedding proposal. I would say Eva runs her business with enormous passion. When I first contacted her for booking a private cruise, she let me feel she was very passionate about my idea and also very experienced, like she knew what I was planning. So, I immediately trusted her. When I met her, she treated me like a friend. The conversation with her was just so relaxing, and my fiancee was feeling the same. The boat sailed in a very smooth way so that my fiancee and I felt very comfortable and could really enjoy the sea view. A short trip to an isolated island with no residents was very memorable. The highlight was celebration of my fiancee's birthday and then my wedding proposal, which went perfectly well. My fiancee was totally stunned by the whole arrangement, of course, she finally said "YES"! This is truly an once-in-a-lifetime experience!

Visited February 2013
Hoboken, New Jersey
“A lovely day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

To give you an example of how absolutely kind and accommodating Eva and crew are, my wife and I were coming from the other side of the island to catch the boat and I completely mistimed how long it would take to make it to the Yacht Club. We were extremely disappointed when we found out that the boat had already left. I probably shouldn't say this so I don't encourage future guests from being late, but Eva's husband (who was in the office) arranged for us to take a small speed boat to catch up with the Damai Indah. As we boarded the boat, I was expecting to get an earful for slowing everything down, but instead we were met with hugs and an amazing cocktail from Dean. And we were extremely glad we made it, the scenery, the food, the drinks, and the company (especially the company) were all outstanding. We truly had a lovely day.

Visited January 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
“An amazing amazing must must do experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

How do I even begin to describe the absolutely amazing day we had on the Damai Indah! My boyfriend and I went on the boat in late January 2013 and had a fantastic time with Captain Eva and her crew. Beautiful food (the best seafood pasta I have ever tasted), abundant drink, fantastic company and breathtaking views (please note that, when it comes to views, it takes a lot to impress a South African like myself, but I was bowled over). This experience more than exceeded our expectations. I cannot even begin to thank Eva for her hospitality. I am so glad I met this soulsister. Eva - if you read this, keep on shining and lots of love from South Africa.

Visited January 2013
“Best day of my life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

In line with the other reviews here, the views were breathtaking, the two freshly prepared meals were delicious, and there was a great variety of drinks. I had high expectations for all of this, which were exceeded (and worth the cost of admission alone), but none of that was important to me.

We dropped anchor in this heavenly spot surrounded by uninhibited islands. While we were swimming, Eva snuck off discretely to make some special preparations. After we finished swimming, Eva had magically returned and we split up from the other couple which was on the cruise. Eva and Dean prepared a kayak for us and sent us off to one of the completely private, and isolated beaches.

As we got closer, we could see flower petals arranged in the shape of a heart on the beach. They were also scattered all around. My girlfriend and I walked along the 200M or so beach and found a nice tree swing. At the time of booking I indicated that I wanted to propose on the cruise. I popped the question in a spot that looked like somewhere you only see in postcards (and got a big yes!). Eva had left a cooler full of champagne and glassware. We drank for a while, than as I was instructed, yelled back to the boat when we were done and she came and picked us up. When we got back to the boat, everyone joined in to congratulate us. Eva had prepared a traditional custom in which everyone took turns showering us with flower petals. It was one perfect moment after another.

We set off back to the marina and were wined and dined over more spectacular views and a beautiful Langkawi sunset. Just when we thought our perfect day was over, before we left, Eva had one more surprise. She joined me and my fiancé with a real, flower necklace (another Malaysian tradition) and offered some beautiful words. It was an incredible finish to a magical day.

Everything was perfect to say nothing of the company of Eva and Dean (which too are worth the cost of admission). We will never forget either of them and hope to see them again soon. I looked like a hero, but Eva was the true genius at work for this most unforgettable day in our lives.