“Worth the stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Langkawi

Save Saved
You added Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Langkawi to your Saves list
Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Langkawi
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Lot 1698 Pantai Tengah | Mukim Kedawang, Daerah Langkawi, Langkawi 507000, Malaysia   |
Ranked #23 of 98 Hotels in Langkawi
Singapore, Singapore
“Worth the stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed at this hotel with my folks and absolutely love it! Clean room(eventho the furnishings are old) great location and friendly staffs. Just a 3 mins walk to the beach area which is absolutely convenient. Buffet breakfast was good. Went to the spa at the hotel and had a relaxing time. I recommend this hotel if you're not picky.

Room Tip: Request a sea view room
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Holiday V, Manager at Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Langkawi, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay at our resort. It will be a pleasure to welcome you back again as our guest in the near future. Thank you and warm wishes.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
KUL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I am a regular visitor to Langkawi and this year me and my wife decided to stay at Holiday Villa as I have a great expectation to the service which the resort can offer. Upon arrival we were greeted by the bell boy and he assisted us up to the Reception. There was I believed a senior receptionist and she served me as accordingly.Our room was on the second floor and its ok and spacious.The toiletries is missing by a body lotion which is a standard for a 4 star and above hotel. An LED TV but limited channels and the room door is not sound proof.
The swimming pool is huge and I appreciated it BUT I realized and over heard one of the female staff at the pool bar was talking about the guests who were enjoying the pool. The topic was the swimming attire that the guests are wearing...swimming trunk, bikini,suits..and maybe they thought I didnt understand....So if they are not comfortable with the ACTUAL attire for swimmers then ask the management to transfer them to kitchen or house keeping department.
Holiday Villa is an ISLAND RESORT and visitors pay for the leisure. Sometimes the way they observed the visitors were unpleasant and did make us uncomfortable.
Breakfast is basic..and I am suprised that the resort limited the choices..no chicken rendang for nasi lemak.. BUT we appreciated a waiter namely AZRIZUL as he was very attentive and focus at all time and most of the guests agreed with me. THE beach is long and fantastic with smooth sand although the sea water is not that crystal clear BUT the best moment is to spend the early evening watching the splendid view of the sunset... Something to compensate our stay at the resort..AS for the management I would suggest them to conduct more customer service courses for their staff as some of them are either afraid or lazy to wish customers as simple as Good Morning or even Hello...and PLEASE remind those staff...this is RESORT at Langkawi ...and not
at ALor Star at the mainland.

Room Tip: Always hang the DO NOT DISTURB card whenever you are in the room .Otherwise whoever walks pass by wi...
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I had a ground floor room. furnishings are old and tired and just didn't feel clean. shower was great, bed was comfortable. I had an ocean view. The beach was stunning, the water warm ad clean. the pool was lovely and had a great cocktail bar.
The most frustrating part was no free internet with in the complex. however the internet I paid for was very fast. I had avery good massage at the spa, however the shower room following the sauna and steam room treatment dissapointingly felt like a public shower in a camping ground ,which ruined the whole expierience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Holiday V, Manager at Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Langkawi, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We are glad that you had a pleasant stay at our beach resort. We appreciate your observations and wish to apologize for any shortcomings and inconvenience caused. We are constantly monitoring all areas of operations and working towards improving our services from guests' feedback. We hope to see you back again in the near future. Thank you and warm wishes.
Perth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at Holiday Villa. The front desk reception staff have a very lazy and I don't care attitude. If you ask for something and they say they will get back to you or they will ask the manager then don't expect a reply. It is there way of saying don't bother us. When I arrived at the hotel I asked if they could give me a special price on the internet since I would require it for 10 days. There answer was I will ask the manager and get back to you, which they never did. The airconditioner was very average and I asked if it was posssible for has to have a desk fan. I asked the reception of 4 occasions and got told they would see what could be done. On the 5th occasion I got angry with the reception and told them that all I wanted was the decency of a response . Which they finally did which is all I wanted. unfortunatey they could not provide us with a fan so I went out and bought my own. The Manja motto is a joke. I witnessed a Japanese couple ask the staff if they could take a photo which the staff member declined. I suggest to the management that they give all there staff a lesson in customer relations. If they say that they are going to do something then do it. Do not leave the customer waiting and having to continually ask which leaves the guests very frustrated. Otherwise I enjoyed my stay but I would like to suggest to the management that little things such as turning the airconditioner on in the room before the guests arrive so they can walk into a cool room and also making sure that the room safe is operational before the guests arrive makes all the difference to a holiday stay at your hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We are investigating your comments and will respond again when the findings have been obtained. Your feedback is important to us in helping us to improve further in our services and meet service excellence. We hope to welcome you back again and to serve you with our finest hospitality. Thank you and warm wishes.
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Not impressed at all with the hotel. Service is below average, rooms are old, furniture is aging, lobby looks dark and dingy. I've visited Langkawi six times before, and have to say, this place is definitely on the bottom of the list.

- We booked four rooms for a family holiday in April. Since we have young kids, we wanted adjoining rooms and communicated our request via email four months in advance to hotel staff. During the email communique, staff were unresponsive and quite careless with details. After negotiating for sometime, writing down specifics in black and white, and finally pre-paying for the desired rooms by credit card ahead of time, we figured all would be fine. We were wrong.
- When we arrived at the Holiday Villa, there were many issues: ie. staff not knowing what rooms we needed (after receiving our emails months ago), staff trying to make us pay a higher rate than specified, staff trying to charge us for the room (again) upon check out when we already paid, wrong room type given, construction going on right outside my cousins' deluxe room. With so many errors, we were a little annoyed
- After specifically requesting for adjoining rooms, we were unhappy to find that 'none were available' upon check in.
- We read all the reviews about the Holiday Villa beforehand, so managed our expectations well. We didn't realize things would be THAT below par. Having been to Langkawi several times (staying in other hotels), I can safely say, this is the most problemtique experience to date.

It is a shame really since the Holiday Villa is in a great location, with a great beach, nice swimming pool and looks attractive from the outside. I do suggest to the management that refurbishing hotel rooms and providing staff training be serious considerations for the future.

All in all, we love Langkawi, but will likely stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Holiday V, Manager at Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Langkawi, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Thank you for bringing up your concerns to our attention. We are investigating your comments on your room booking and will respond again once we have obtained the findings. We apologize for any shortcomings and we appreciate your time spared to write to us and to provide us with your feedback. We view your suggestions positively for us as guests' feedback helps us monitor and improve further in our services. Thank you and warm wishes.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at the holiday villa in Langkawi, we were so excited as we drove in as it looked amazing! When we arrived in the room there were only 2 beds in the room when we had 3 people sleeping. They were unable to provide us with a 3 bedroom room and one of us had to sleep on a fold out bed on the floor. Then in the lounge we found an item of clothing which must have been from the person staying in the room before us. There was also a terrible smell in the room. We had to pay for wifi which had shocking reception. The breakfast was horrible! Location was great! And the pool and beach were great but that's about it.

• Stayed April 2013
Holiday V, Manager at Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Langkawi, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize for the setback that you had encountered during your stay with us and are looking into your comments.. We will increase our training on room cleaning and in all areas of operations for us to be better always . We thank you for your support and hope to serve you again in the near future. Warm wishes.
crawley sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We had been to this hotel twice before and had asked for a ground floor room as my husband had recently had a triple bypass. We were put into a pool view room which was great until we tried to sleep as there was a water pipe outside our room and it sounded like continuous running water. I contacted reception and they found us another room and sent 2 porters to move our bags.We stayed in this room overnight and again they moved all our bags to our permanent room in the morning. At all times the staff were kind and very caring. Now the bad points they had changed the chairs/tables in the Matahari lounge and they were so light that when you sat down they moved also the bar stools tipped if you lent slightly to one side.the only good thing about the bar is the Duo who play fantastic music and will play requests They have still not put any toilets on the beach and if you had been eating and drinking at the bar you had a long run to the toilet by the pool and I mean toilet as there is only one male and one female so if it is busy bad luck as a number of people have said they never made it.We are now saving to return as we love the service and all the staff.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms are lighter but all rooms are sheltered from the hot sun by being angled away.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Holiday V, Manager at Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Langkawi, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments. We are delighted to hear that you were happy with our services.It is our aim to ensure that our guests have a great holiday . Our staff are always attentive to meet guest';s expectation. The Matahari Lounge was recently upgraded with new furniture .So far we have not received unfavourable comments. We will look into the bar chairs for verification Thank you and warm wishes.

Been to Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Langkawi? Share your experiences!