“Our sheets had bloodstains on them!” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel Seri Malaysia Alor Setar
Jalan Stadium, Kedah,, Alor Setar 05100, Malaysia   |
Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Alor Setar
Melbourne
“Our sheets had bloodstains on them!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed here a few years ago and was impressed with the hotel.

Since then, standards have fallen considerably, and it appears to have lost some very competent key staff.

The room condition was poor, the housekeeping was very poor (the title of this review says it all!), and the front-of-house service is not what it once was.

We did not dine at the restaurant this time so I cannot appraise it.

I will not stay here again, which is a real shame, because the hotel seems to have just slid into a terrible decline.

Next time I'm in town I will try the Farrer or the City Star.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Langkawi, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Been there on the 1st March and stayed for a night.Booked for 2 room ( Room 233 & 234). Room was spacious and staff was ok.The big problem with this hotel is that the bathroom was so terrible and room was mouldy (Room 233). I think the Housekeeping staff had been doing a great job but the management should upgrade the current bathroom tiles with a new one. They also need to re-paint the entire room as the condition was really bad.

Breakfast was average (with the price that I paid) of which remind me of my school day. Only nasi lemak, porridge, roti jala,limited choice of fruit and some "weird" sausage grilled with black pepper.Restaurant staff was not very attentive as most of them is only a trainee.I cant understand on why the Managent did'nt notice on the slow services overall although most of them (management staff) was sitting there the whole morning and enjoying their meals even at 0945hrs in the morning!

Overall, I wont return.

• Stayed March 2013
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

The hotel located quite a distance from the city centre, in fact is it located quite in a obscure location,..its actually located behind the stadium with hardly any road signs to guide you from the city centre. The only road signs that I notice was one at 100m from the turning to the hotel! We did tried to call front office to guide us to the place from the North South Expressway but it only makes things more confusing. There was only one person seem to be handing the front desk and we actually had to wait a good hour before being attended. May be the management needs to make more staffs available for a more faster check it?

The room was small, poorly furnished, breaking apart in every corner, poor bathrooms in which the water heater seem to be rudimentary and it seem to be poorly ventilated as the rooms seem to have the typical old socks scent!

What was annoying was the hotel seem to have a very poor sound proof system. There was a function at the cafe at the night and you could basically heard the whole function event from the room! And the function goes own well into the night!

The hotel do provide free wifi access, both you cant really get connected in the room. either you need to be at the walk way or leave open the room door to get the wifi access. And if you do have the internet access, it seem to be breaking down pretty often until the point that it will be more convenient to go the nearby KFC restaurant to get the internet access.

I think the only thing that I am happy about this hotel is that it does have spacious and ample parking.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

i went to seri malaysia bcoz of my friend suggestion.Upon check in time all is ok. When I step to my rooms its still ok BUT after 05minutes the air conditioner start being noisy and also leaking..I went to the toilet,its dirty and the flush not function at all.The carpet was smelling very teribble,I cant stand for that even for a second..I called the front desk,there is the girl pick up the phone..i told her that I like to change room bcoz im not comfortable with the room condition.She said one minute please..im waiting for her reply..but she cut off the phone!I had made a decision to met up them at front desk..i ask them properly,i like to change my room.they said I cant change my room bcoz of no room available at that time.So i cant stand with that room,I cant breath how im going to sleep.I ask them,i like to check out at that time.but the girl said i cant check out or they will charge me rm100 for that room even i never use anything!They said that is their hotel procedure,even the guest did not satisfied with the room condition.My husband also cant stand with that room condition.Then,i ask her to call the manager on duty but she call another girl..that girl also not give a good respond to us.they are leak in english also,they grooming also out!no smile at all!then my husband stay in holiday villa alor setar and im alone in that terrible hotel for the whole night.Im forced my self to sleep in that horrible room with that carpet and air conditioner smell.The next morning i went for breakfast,the cashier at the counter did not greet me,looking at me and i gve the breakfast coupon,she still not say anything even thank you or good morning!the food is more horrible - pulut with ikan masin and kelapa!what kind of breakfast is this???no variety at all!hve 1 guest just walking around the cafe took 2 slice of watermelon and walk off..I will never go to this entire hotel anymore even in different place!even the price is low but you are presenting the service..please give a good service to your guest..sometimes the product is not very important when your service excellent!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

The room is fairly furnished. The air condition should be better; it causes the room to be smelly.

The exterior and lobby area is nice. The coffee house is well equipped by less attraction. Require extra menus.

Overall, the hotel is right for its price.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Seri Malaysia Alor Setar? Share your experiences!