“no fireworks but still, a OK stay...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Pulai Springs Resort

You added Pulai Springs Resort to your Saves list
Pulai Springs Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   20 km, Jalan Pontian Lama | Skudai, Johor Bahru 81110, Malaysia   |
Ranked #25 of 78 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Singapore, Singapore
“no fireworks but still, a OK stay...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

The hotel looks very different from the ads or website.
but overall for the stay it quite a OK stay.stayed at the 2 bedrooms family suite

Bedsheets and room was clean.until hassle was the distance involved as the hotel is located off the beaten path

That being said, the overall surrounding of the hotel cld need a upgrade.

Room Tip: if possible, go down to the hotel to get a look. if its not possible, check out reviews online..
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Check in during the Singapore's school holiday, 18th to 19th June 2014.
To start with, bought pre paid vouchers from the Malaysia Travel Fair in Singapore, bought 8 nights between Pulai Spring Desaru and Pulai Spring JB.

It was a nightmare trying to book for 1 night, until I have to speak to person in charge in Singapore office. I have to go for 7 more nights. Regrets for having purchase so many nights.....

I was staying there in 2011, it was beautiful, service, landscape and food was all excellent, but over 3 years cannot believe things have change drastically.

I did speak to the duty manager, he tried his best to explain, with so many guests, scool holidays and back to back functions, things get a little out of control. He apologizes and was trying his best to control the situation. I complement him.

Down side are:-
No hand towel, face towel and toilet door mat.
Extra towel at RM$10 each.
No hangers in the wardrobe.
Jacuzzi was filthy and water was really hot.
Steam room was filled with 1 inch high of stagnant water.
Breakfast was tasteless.

I guess, it was school holiday, and they are short of staff, or else it was a really nice and cool place. It's best to avoid school holiday then, I hope.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Stayed for 1 night at the 2 bedroom suite. . The condition of the room not as I expected. Stains on the sofa...stains dining chairs..dusty floor ...Overall the resort room badly need upgrading... I rate 3 stars for this resort.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Penang, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

One night stay after booking it online. No breakfast included though and the amount printed on the signed in form showed a much lower price than what I have paid for online and I have already started to feel cheated. The room smelt damp and the parquet floor was quite dusty .
i had to do the penguin dance with a semi wet floor towel cleaning up the floor. Aircond was not cold and condensation water dripped all over the floor, kept me awake the whole night.
By morning the floor was totally wet again, lucky I had two dustbins to collect the water.
Coffee house was across the road. So it's room service if you are not walking. Pretty boring with no exceptional view except greenery all around.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Shah Alam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I don't think the hotel staff and marketing guys has a good communication and understand each other.

Their promotion can only be purchase by credit card, and it doesn't even mention that that's only a some sort of booking deposit, i was asked to pay RM300 again when arrived to the hotel , which is really dissapointed! RM200 for the Hotel and RM100 as a deposit.

Luckily there's Mr Shahrul as i can remember helped to solve my problem when i want to check out.

Clearly this hotel need some A&P Courses for both staff and marketing people.

Room Tip: Room next to the swimming pool is better.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Ampang, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Good and cozy room.
A lot of parking space.
View of golf course. Breakfast tasty and also have local menu.
Good surrounding for children to play.
Like the fish pond and have anywhere at the resort.
But slow service to check in and at 4pm room was not ready. Have to wait.
After check in there was no towel and called for 3 times and they sent almost at 9 pm.

• Stayed June 2014
PulaiSpringsResortJB, General Manager at Pulai Springs Resort, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We truly value the opinions of our customers. Although your were delighted with our cozy rooms, ample parking spaces as well as our tasty breakfast at the coffee house, I apologize that we did not meet your expectations in terms of our services during check in as well as houseekeeping when requested for towels.

Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. We have addressed the check in services with our Front Desk and Housekeeping in terms of providing and fulfilling guests' requests. We want you to know that we truly enjoy sharing our passion for our destination with visitors and want you to walk out the door feeling refreshed.

If you come back to our hotel, I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please ask for me. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.

Warm Regards,
Tengku Ahmad Faizal Tengku Mohamed
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

When we arrived at the hotel it took quite a bit of time to check in and we also had to put down a 200 MYR deposit that we were not told about beforehand. Once we got to our room we did not have toilet paper or towels, but finally got them after waiting a few hours and making several phone calls. The staff seemed inconvenienced by every request, such as a room service order for a sandwich and beer and asking for a cab to go to nearby shops. The only redeeming aspect of this stay was a member of the bar staff, who was the nicest most, accommodating staff person we interacted with during our stay. I will not stay here again and would not recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
PulaiSpringsResortJB, General Manager at Pulai Springs Resort, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for the useful and constructive comment made on Tripadvisor from your recent stay with us at the Resort.

First and foremost I would like to apologize to you if we have failed to live up to your expectations during your stay with us.

Based on your feedback, you have highlighted a few issues that certainly needs urgent attention from The Management. I am aware that this has caused much frustration and disappointment to you; therefore, I once again would like to humbly apologize.

To provide explanations to your points raised is not my intention, only to inform you that your comments have been discussed with the relevant team responsible & actions have been taken to ensure similar examples do not occur again in the future.

Please accept our sincere and humble apologies for the inadvertent inconvenience experience by you. We are extremely grateful for your constructive comments I sincerely hope that the setbacks will not deter you from supporting us again.

On the other hand, I am really glad the the personnel at the bar was very accommodating and you were very pleased with her. I will surely disseminate the information to the Director of Food and Beverage so that he could inform during his daily briefings with the restaurant and bar staff.

We hope that you will give us an opportunity to shower you with our warm hospitality and making you next stay at the Pulai Springs Resort an enjoyable one. The management & associates at Pulai Springs Resort look forward to see you again soon. This time, we assure you that it will be worth it!

Yours Truly,

Tengku Ahmad Faizal Tengku Mohamed

Been to Pulai Springs Resort? Share your experiences!