“Average Resort but Suited Our Purpose” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Pulai Springs Resort

You added Pulai Springs Resort to your Saves list
Pulai Springs Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   20 km, Jalan Pontian Lama | Skudai, Johor Bahru 81110, Malaysia   |
Ranked #19 of 78 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Singapore
“Average Resort but Suited Our Purpose”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Booked a 2D1N Legoland package that came with a night's stay in Studio Suite, breakfasts, 2 Legoland entrance tickets and "Kids eat for free in Gleneagles Terrace Restaurant".

We did not have much expectations to begin with since it was meant to be a relaxing stop-over night before we headed to Legoland early next morning. We were upgraded to a 1-bedroom suite, which was a nice surprise.

Suite was spacious, with living room and kitchenette which was totally bare. We should have brought our own drinks and snacks since there was a fridge to keep drinks cold. Room was ok, and comfortable for a night stay.

There was a pool at the Cinta Ayu All Suites where our room was but we much preferred the bigger pools at the Sports and Recreation Centre which was a short walk away.

For the "Kids eat for free" promotion, the kids got to order from a special menu, comprising of pizza, pasta, fish and chips, breaded chicken thigh etc. Good-sized portion for the kids. I ordered a rendang-like dish and it was good, rich gravy with the coconut milk and huge portion of beef. The fresh fruit juices were reasonably priced for a resort. We spent less than S$50 for 2 ala-carte main courses, 2 side dishes, 1 hot beverage, 1 fruit juice and 2 free kids meals. We ended up really stuffed and standard of the food was somewhat better than what we had expected.

Overall, while the resort was a little jaded, the dinner and the pool made up for it. Since it was meant as a stop-over, it suited our purpose and I wouldn't nitpick on anything else.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
PulaiSpringsResortJB, General Manager at Pulai Springs Resort, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and reviewing us on Tripadvisor.

From your comments, I believe you had quite a pleasant stay with us recently when you booked our Legoland Malaysia Holiday Package. I am glad to know that the Studio Suite met your expectations and was spacious and comfortable.

It is also good to know that you and your kids enjoyed the reasonable priced food and beverage at Gleneagles Terrace Restaurant. It is our commitment to exceed guest expectations and meeting the highest level of guest satisfaction has always been our priority.

I would like to also share with you that we will going through a refurbishment project for the resort in the next six months. Therefore, we hope to see you again when you stop by Johor Bahru in the future.

Once again, thank you and see you soon.

Tengku Ahmad Faizal Tengku Mohamed

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I booked 2 rooms for my family (brother's graduation) - a studio suite and an one bedroom suite. The studio suite is in a poor condition. 5 stars definitely doesn't look it. Inside the wardrobe looks moldy - walls and floor. I was thinking twice if i want to hang any of my clothes in there. I don't feel comfortable when I first entered the room. Bathroom and shower was ok, but it doesn't feel 5 stars at all - more like 2 stars or 3 stars hotel.

On the other hand, the one bedroom suite looks better, cleaner and brighter. Wifi is not working - not on my iphone or my macbook Air. Quite disappointed because I need to check some emails for work etc and I couldn't do anything.

Although the pictures in the website looks impressive, it's not really the case in reality. Maybe if you booked the one bedroom suite or more, then rooms could be better. They have a golf course too.. just FYI :)

Room Tip: DO NOT take the studio suite. Best go for one bedroom suite onwards
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and taking some time to review us on Tripadvisor.

Referring to your comments, please accept my sincere apologies on the Studio Room which was not up to standards. I would like to share with you that we are aware of your feedback and have set a refurbishment programme and we will be rolling out in phases over the next 6 months. Nevertheless, we do appreciate your feedback and understanding on this matter.

Anyways, I am glad to know that you were quite satisfied with our 1-bedroom suite.

I would like to also apologize on the WiFi issue. We are in the midst of upgrading our WiFi and it should be rectified in a month or so.

We do hope this will not deter you from visiting us once more. We assure you that your next visit will be worth it. Please do contact me when you are here next.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I was in Johor for the viva of a master student, and UTM put me in this resort. I was there just for one night, unfortunately, since it is really nice! I had dinner in the Chinese restaurant on the resort grounds, very nice. The only thing I did not like was so many Chinese people shouting outside the room. They had piped in music outside the rooms, but when I called them that it is too loud, they immediately reduced the volume. I think I am the only one anyway who ever heard the music inside the room, for I live without aircon and fan - which worked perfectly in the great big beautiful room where I was staying, with a nice balcony.
I look forward to returning to this place hopefully again soon!

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking some time to rate / review us on Tripadvisor.

Through your comments, I must say that you enjoyed your stay with us and the Chinese food at our award-winning Qing Palace Chinese Restaurant, although it was only for one night. However, I would like to apologize on behalf of the other guests who were quite loud outside their room.

Please be informed that during our high occupancy especially during peak season and school holidays where the hotel is full, we will be mobilizing our security personnel to control and to look into this matter. This will ensure that our guests have a pleasant and peaceful stay.

On the other hand, we're really glad to know you had a great time at our beautiful resort. We look forward to welcoming you soon.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Pulai Springs Resort looked good on the website but the house keeping leaves a lot to be desired. We booked a 2 bedroom suite for 3d/2n. The kitchenette looked great but the cupboards and fridge were as bare as bare can be. No cutlery, coffee cups, plates (the basics) were available. There were no tea towel or even a table sponge to wipe off the table. Sugar ants were plenty. No tea/coffee bags were available.To be fair, they had their own Pulai coffee packets which had sugar (3 in 1 concoction). We were not able to drink this coffee. We had to call reception for tea/coffee and then they were never replenished the second day we were there.

The house keeping was really below standard for a 5 star resort. They never changed the sheets for the 2 nights we were there and the duvet cover had been used before. This was evident from the look of it. It is about time for the Resort to invest in some new towels as those in our rooms were worn out and had threads hanging at the side of the towels. The bathroom mat had stains on it, which gave it a yukky feel, to say the least.

The main entrance to the Resort could be lit up a bit more as we nearly missed the entrance to the Resort while coming back at night.

For a 5 star Resort to have this rating, service should be tip top. As for the buffet breakfast, it was nothing to shout about. We had the strangest bread and butter pudding with pink topping(?) ! I seriously think there is no need to serve western cuisine and malay/indian/local dishes would have been better. The nasi lemak was excellent and if the chef and team had come out with more local cuisine, maybe the whole breakfast buffet would be more scrumptious.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
PulaiSpringsResortJB, General Manager at Pulai Springs Resort, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your constructive and honest feedback.

I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay with us. We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests, but unfortunately, sometimes we do fail.

I will look into each issue that you have noted, in an attempt to correct and improve our hotel policies.

I sincerely hope this will not deter your from supporting us again. The entire team here looks forward in serving you and showering you with our warm Pulai hospitality.

King Regards,
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I visited Pulai Spring in the month of March 2013 and have been wanting to write a review of this place.
I did research and look into the review of other visitors and was quite skeptical about the place. However, we booked it cause it was near Legoland and we could not find any other place available to fit our requirements.
We traveled with 2 families, 4 adults and 4 little kids under the age of 7. I have to say we are very happy to have made the choice to stay there. We stayed in the family suite, it has 3 bedrooms and 2 toilets. I admit the furnishing were rather old and there is a musty scent in one of the room with the 2 single bed but it was still neat and clean.
The hotel staff are very polite and friendly and we truly enjoyed the stay there.
the pool is clean and has a children pool for kids to just play in. We only stayed one night but it was very pleasant and relaxing.
The breakfast buffet is nice and has a wide variety of choices.
We will definitely come back here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Decided to stay here for a family reunion and was horrified. Firstly, the place is in dire need of renovations to the rooms and general areas. First impression of our "executive suite" was not good. The room service trays of the previous tenants were still left outside our door. Also, our door's locking mechanism was not working which made my family and myself very uncomfortable with leaving our belongings there. We called immediately about the removal of the trays. There were broken taps, blood stains on our bedsheets and towels as well as extremely limited toilet paper. We had arrived in the afternoon, went out for dinner, came back and the room service trays were still there. There was no housekeeping service at all throughout our stay, despite our politely calling to prompt them. By the end of our three day stay, the room service trays had STILL not been removed!! They were now covered with ants, mould and other gross things. We had called the front desk about this every single day of our stay and there was no action taken. It was extremely frustrating, as the place itself could be so amazing if only there was better management, staff and facilities. While checking out, I informed the staff of my opinions and they encouraged me to write a review on their little form. But I want to know that something is going to improve for sure and until that happens I want to warn everyone considering this place to think twice! Blood stains on towels and bedsheets is disgusting.

I will say that though I don't play golf, the gold course looked pretty good and there were a few activities and forms of entertainment available, so it's not all completely bad. Just mostly bad.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
PulaiSpringsResortJB, General Manager at Pulai Springs Resort, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking some time to review us on Tripdavisor. I am really sorry that you had a disappointing stay with us recently. I am also disappointed by the room service trays, broken taps, blood stains and the limited toilet paper provided during your stay.

Please be informed that I have had a meeting with the Housekeeping department, as well as the Front Desk, Food and Beverage department on the trays which were left outside your room for three days and the Maintenance team on the broken taps. We are taking serious and immediate actions to rectify these issues.

On the other hand, I would like to inform you that necessary actions will also be taken after our further and final investigations due the negligence of the staff in terms of the trays, stained bedsheets and broken taps.

I am thankful for the feedback and comments from you. Please be informed that we value every of our guest feedback. Meeting the highest level of guest satisfaction has always been our top priority.

We hope you would consider giving us a second chance if your travels bring you to Johor Bahru in the future.

Tengku Ahmad Faizal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

stayed 3d2n and the facilities in room is incomplete. there is no fridge/ mini bar. ask the front desk and they got from another room. Such checking should be done as part of checklist in room!!! hassle for customer to call and wait the item to be sent

no spoon for coffee/tea making. there is cup and coffee pack but how do we make coffee??

we need to call the reception but no telephone directory.. so just dial 0 and get transfer to the right department

we went out in the morning and came back around 5pm but housekeeping just came to clean the room. One of the staff was texting on his phone at the door when i arrive. then they rush to clean. why housekeeping come at such inconvenient timing?

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
PulaiSpringsResortJB, General Manager at Pulai Springs Resort, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

I thank you for taking some time to review us on Tripadvisor.

First and foremost, we thank you for choosing Pulai Springs Resort for your stay. Our sincere apologies for the shortcomings you've experienced during your recent stay with us. Your comments on the fridge which was supposed to be in the room, spoons and the housekeeping staff have been highlighted to our Maintenance and Housekeeping team for immediate remedial actions.

We are rectifying and improving our facilities in order to better serve our guests. Your constructive feedback is highly valued and it is guests like you that help us improve and strive for excellence.

We hope that you would give us another chance to regain your confidence. Should you consider staying with us again in the future, please copy me on your reservations at gm@pulaisprings.com so that I can personally extend you a warm welcome and ensure that you receive high quality Pulai Springs Resort experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Tengku Ahmad Faizal

Been to Pulai Springs Resort? Share your experiences!