“Good for a Weekend getaway” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Pulai Springs Resort

You added Pulai Springs Resort to your Saves list
Pulai Springs Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   20 km, Jalan Pontian Lama, Johor Bahru 81110, Malaysia   |
Ranked #11 of 82 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Singapore, Singapore
“Good for a Weekend getaway”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Overall the resort is nice and the security and staff provides good service. I did enjoy my weekend getaway as the place is also near the Johor Premium Outlet. For the Premium Outlet I must say that it is not comparable to those in Japan or other countries.

Room is spacious however is already wearout and looks old, though they tried their best to keep it clean. Facilities is good, food can be improved.

Will consider go again, but for a weekend break, maybe golf and relaxation.

Room Tip: HIgher loors and facing golf club is my choice
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
lokechoyming, Director of Operations at Pulai Springs Resort, responded to this review, March 5, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about us here on Tripadvisor.

Thorough your comments, I believe you have had an enjoyable stay with us. We are glad to hear you are satisfied with the services rendered and the facilities offered to you.

It is our commitment to exceed guests’ expectations and meeting the highest level of guest satisfaction has always been our priority. Our associates are trained to strive and serve our guests as well as providing our guests with only the best services.

I will surely disseminate your positive comments and feedback to our associates who are an asset to us through our associates’ notice board.

I look forward to welcoming you back at Pulai Springs Resort and will be delighted to hear from you again soon.

Pulai Springs Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

We went to Pulai Spring for a short trip as we wanted to go to JPO. We took Cinta Ayu 1 bedroom suite and it is totally worth of money. The room was spacious and clean. Ample parking space and they have shuttle to JPO. The only drawback is the food and it can be quite boring at night. We hunt for the local night market just to try the local delicacy.

Room Tip: try the local night market! cheap and taste good!!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

Booked a 3 bedroom apartment. Room was new, generally clean and view was great facing the golf course.

Check-in was slow due to system breakdown. Receptionist was trying to make me accept a room at level 3 with direct access to the pool. She claimed that such rooms were very popular during the peak season and will usually cost an extra RM$100 more. I turned it down as I prefer the quieter room facing the golf course. The funny thing was that we realised the pool was actually at level 2 after we checked in. Luckily I sticked to my choice!

There was a ant trial that ran across the master bedroom to the kitchen. Good if there are floor mat and hand towel provided at the kitchen area.

Room Tip: Pick golf view.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

We usually use the Pulai Desaru, as this resort is more expensive. It is understaffed in terms of check in staff, and I cannot speak about the pool and golf course, as I did not use them. They certainly looked very pleasant.

However the room was spacious and extremely comfortable, and the staff were genuinely warm and helpful throughout.

The big plus for me was the standard of food and catering here was much better than the Pulai Desaru.

It's very close to Singapore and I think if you wanted a close, simple trip to play golf or simply unwind, this is a good mid price range resort.

I did not notice that the rooms were run down at all - so perhaps I had better luck than others or maybe they have renovated?

I would not stay here for a longer vacation though, as it might get dull, there is no beach nearby.

Room Tip: Always ask for rooms facing away from the pool area in these resorts. A lot of families stay here an...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

We stayed here two years ago and decided to stay here again for a night.

Got a 1 BR apartment. It was clean but definitely needs maintenance. We got the same room as our previous stay.

It was Good Friday weekend so it was fully booked. Checking in took awhile but was not too long a wait. Luckily for us, we had a place to sit but saw many others standing around with no place to sit.

Went to the golf terrace for lunch after checking out. Quality of food has gone down from previous visit. Staff a bit slow and got hubby's drink order wrong, then did not return with correct order and when they did, ended up bringing two cups of the drink. They said to take it and will not charge since it was their mistake.

It's a nice place, just lacks the service I guess. I would stay there again and just not expect too much in terms of service.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking some time to review us on Tripadvisor.

Your time and effort taken to highlight on our services and facilities are highly appreciated. We value every guest feedback as this will help us to further improve on our products and services to exceed guests’ expectations.

We have raised your concerns with the relevant departments and immediate actions have been taken to rectify our shortcomings.

Please be rest assured that meeting the highest level of guest satisfaction has always been our top priority.

Please accept our sincere and humble apologies for the inadvertent inconvenience experience by you. We are extremely grateful for your constructive comments. I sincerely hope that the setbacks will not deter you from supporting us again.

We hope that you will give us an opportunity to shower you with our warm hospitality and making your next stay at the Pulai Springs Resort an enjoyable one.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

If my review was just based on the pools, I would give it 4 stars because our family (with two young children 5yr and 2.5yr) really loved the pools. We stayed at the Cinta Ayu Suites, and there was one pool at the Cinta Ayu building itself and another three pools at the resort's sports centre which is a 3 - 5 minute walk away. The children's pool at the resort's sports centre has a big wading area for toddlers, and a long gentle slide for bigger children.

However, I cannot bring myself to give it 4 stars when I think of how basic the accommodation really is. We had a studio suite and it felt more like a clean chalet than a suite. Not that we were expecting luxurious accommodation because we paid only S$75 per night from Agoda (not inclusive of taxes, not inclusive of breakfast), but still ... there was really nothing suite-ish about the room.

Our room didn't come with breakfast so we paid RM32+ per adult for breakfast on the second day. Didn't feel like driving out that morning, and it was a mistake because breakfast was bad. The breakfast restaurant's aircon was spoilt (for weeks already), cereal wasn't crispy, and pancakes tasted weird. It was a big waste of money to be eating breakfast at Cinta Ayu Suites. Luckily we had a much better experience with the buffet dinner at Gleneagles Terrace. Food was way much better than breakfast, and best of all was that there was a mother's day promotion over the weekend we were there so we only paid $50++ for first adult and received 50% off second adult (mother). For all our other meals, we drove out to Jusco to eat because that's only a couple of minutes away.

Hotel staff were very friendly. The check in counter staff actually remembered my name when I checked out, so I was quite impressed by that. The staff at the hotel lobby actually bother to chat with my children, asking them what's their names etc. Restaurant staff were also very polite.

We would return again because we really love the pools. and it's such a cheap and easy getaway from Singapore.

Room Tip: We noticed that there are 2nd floor rooms at the Ayu Cinta Suites with balconies that open up direct...

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

Attended an event at this property against my better judgement.
No improvement at all since my last visit. ..
Checking in is still a nightmare.. Room furnishing is dilapidated and in need of maintenance, breakfast is a mess. Absolutely nothing positive for me to say..have a peek at the photos and decide for yourselves

• Stayed April 2012

Pulai Springs Resort

Been to Pulai Springs Resort? Share your experiences!