“Excellent hotel and stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Jen Puteri Harbour, Johor

You added Hotel Jen Puteri Harbour, Johor to your Saves list
Hotel Jen Puteri Harbour, Johor
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Persiaran Puteri Selatan | Puteri Harbour, Nusajaya, Johor Bahru 79000, Malaysia (Formerly Traders Hotels Puteri Harbour)   |
Ranked #2 of 82 Hotels in Johor Bahru
petaling jaya
“Excellent hotel and stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The service at the hotel was great. When I reached the hotel and needed to email some documents out urgently (the business centre is not up yet), the staff (especially Pinky of Customer Service and Vincent of back office) was extremely helpful and went out of their way to assist me. The location is great (quiet and near the second link to Singapore and Legoland) provided you have a car though. The room was huge, enough for a family with 2 small children. Room service was fast and efficient. The pool is slightly on a smallish side, then again this is suppose to be a business hotel. Only gripe I have is that anyone can access the rooms directly from the car park or lobby, so security may be a concern. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed there for 1 night @ 27/07/13 during my birthday, the room that they assigned me to was a Harbour View room. View from the room was prefect cause i could see yacht just in front of my room window. All the staff was Excellent over there. Mr. Po the reception guy was very friendly and efficient during my check-in. So as Ms Yee Chan I think that was her was also very friendly to me and the DM Ms Ann Kwan was friendly also. The view from the swimming pool was great during the evening bout 18:30hrs. Mr. Roger Guaner and Mr. Pang Boon Aik from the FNB department was very knowledgeable bout their products. It is a great place to get away for the weekend. Breakfast @ the Harbour Cafe was great too. Cheers keep up the traderian spirit guy.

Room Tip: Request for the Harbour View room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Ajax, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

We were very excited about staying at a Traders Hotel. We are traveling for 3 months and this was our Luxury hotel...big mistake.

Location - We chose it due to proximity to Little Big Club. So for that it was fantastic but not having a car it was horrible. We wish we would have stayed at our hotel in Johor Bahru and taken a taxi. We were in the middle of nowhere surrounded by construction. There's nowhere decent to eat or walk around since construction is everywhere. We heard machines going a lot of the time. The hotel food is very expensive. Since there's very little within walking distance they charge an arm and leg

The hotel is not finished. This was disappointing. The pool and gym were finished but you have to walk thru construction areas to get to them. Other halls had men working all the time and we felt like we were getting in the workers way all the time. On our floor there were heavy duty fans going to dry the floors.

We were given our first room and it smelt of smoke. When we went back to front desk they told us that it was impossible because there's no smoking policy in hotel. But finally after reassuring them it smelt they changed rooms. We were not happy about the situation either but we couldn't have young children smelling smoke all night.

The second room we had was alright. We expected a lot more from this chain of hotels. We stayed with many chains of hotels that were more accommodating at a third of the price.

The pool was nice. But hard to find chairs. The towel situation was strange too. You had to find random towels lying around rolled up on chairs. As well, if you have a wheelchair or can't use stairs the pool is not accessible.

I would only recommend this hotel when they are finished with their own construction and the area is more developed. At the moment take a taxi from Johor Bahru. The taxis wait outside so you will always get a taxi going back to town. You can get a hotel in Johor for half or a third of the price way better than this place.

Very disappointed with this chain of hotels. Can't see myself staying with this hotel chain ever again.

• Stayed July 2013
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

The location of the hotel is great, and the staff are nice and helpful. Sky bar and pool are great.

But the rooms are small by Malaysian standards, the beds in the twin room are small, and the wooden floor makes the room feel cheap. The light over the desk is a hazard as is the whole of the car park which has multiple low headroom and tight entry and exits points . In fact I would say the car park is the worst i've seen in any building built in the last ten years - awful and they cant make it better.

• Stayed July 2013
Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Planned for 3 nights but ended up checking out after 2nd night. the main and only issue is the ants all over in the room and on bed. my husband was bitten by the ants for 2 nights and could not bear for 3rd night.
this hotel is the choice for family who wants to visit the little big club or hello kitty town as it's located just next to Puteri Harbour.
Staffs are friendly, responded to special request promptly. We requested a DVD player and 2 technicians came knocking within 10mins. requested 2 bolsters and 1 additional pillow and got in within mins too.
20 over tv channels to choose, in room dining was superb, staffs are friendly. Over all experience are good except ants!

Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I am currently writing this from the Deluxe Harbour View room and this hotel is both convenient in location (our main attraction was Hello Kitty Land for my 6 year old girl) and i just love new hotels.

Check in was a breeze and my request for connecting rooms for my family of 3 was well met. I had requested for a suite but was told it would only be ready in August. Being a heavy snorer, I had to take 2 Deluxe Harbour View room and requested for a connecting room during my e-reservation. it was well met and the reception was warm and professional.

Initial small issue with a bathtub malfunction but it was fixed in a few minutes by the friendly and professional maintenance crew. I love the fact that Hello Kitty Land is a few minutes walking distance as well and good food is just a 10 minute drive away. Sushi King is under renovation now and they have a few small shops like Caring Pharmacy and Toys R Us right next to the hotel.

Decor and room facilities are adequate for the price we pay for a good hotel and all is as expected.Wifi is free and good and being new, all of the furniture has the 'new' smell.

One thing to bear in mind is that my wife and daughter had the King bed configuration but it did not come with a bathtub. Luckily my room with a twin bed configuration came with a bathtub so my little gal was a happy camper. Cannot say much about the breakfast but we like to hotel so much we extended our stay for one more night :)

Room Tip: Spring for the Harbour View rooms. It's a better view then seeing the street.
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

We had a weekend staycation here for my husband's birthday. Checking in is a breeze. As other hotels use ipads, they use wacom tabs. The hotel has arranged a surprise birthday cake for him which was so yummy that we had to take home the rest. The hotel just opened that month so the rooms are expected to be flawlessly clean. Their harbour view rooms weren't ready yet so ours has the view of the next wing. The location is good. If you're travelling by public transpo like us, you can just take the Causeway bus straight from central. Breakfast has a lot of selections and pretty good too. The only disappointing moment was when we tried to book for lunch and dinner, their cafe was always fully booked. It was father's day weekend and there was buffet promotions. I learned from a staff that most of those who got booked were not hotel guests. I think the hotel cafe should have a buffer for those who are actually gonna spend the night over. The irony is that we had to go out and find a place to eat. But overall it was a good stay. I will still consider staying in the future.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Hotel Jen Puteri Harbour, Johor? Share your experiences!