“It's just a average motel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Princeton Hotel

You added Princeton Hotel to your Saves list
Princeton Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No. 47, Jalan Indah 15 / 2 | Bukit Indah, Johor Bahru 81200, Malaysia   |
Ranked #10 of 82 Hotels in Johor Bahru
“It's just a average motel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Honesty, I booked this hotel by looking at how awesome everybody had feed backed. Maybe I had set my expectations a little too high this time.
If you guys considering getting car rental, would strongly suggest to get from car rental shop; hawkrentacar instead of from the hotel.
Location wise for this hotel was alright, within walking distance there would be eating areas. And maybe a 10mins walk to Aeon mall, which you're able to take a bus to go to SG from the bus stop at RM5, it drops you at Boon Lay/JE.

The room was small as compared to the photos but still acceptable. Service was not bad. This Indian lady went an extra mile when I requested extra pillows, really thumbs up for her.
As I have very sensitive skin and nose, woke up with rashes showing on my skin due to the dust on the pillow case. Maybe it's just me being that bad luck enough.
If you're allergic to dust, best to pay more and stay at a hotel.
The water flows from the shower spray was rather small. But I have to give praise for the providence of tooth brush and toothpastes.
They seems to have leaking problem from the water dispenser to the stairway, my friend fell while walking down the steps as its wet, maybe they should take note on details esp on places where people walk when their choice of material for the flooring is slippery.

Overall it's good for a motel, but don't forget it's a motel not a hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
princetonhotel, Manager at Princeton Hotel, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Dear Phoebe,

Warmest Greetings from Princeton Hotel! Thank you for your comments and spending your precious time to write to us. Sincerely apologize for not being able to satisfy your needs and expectations. We will take note of your comments and take the necessary action.
Thank you and have a nice day.

Regards,
Princeton Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Took a RM168 family room with a queen and a single. Call them direct as I couldn't find any 3rd party hotel reservation sites. It's near Aeon and was deciding between hotel Granada which is nearer Aeon, but decided on this as we just needed a basic hotel that served our needs ie. sleep over after a full day at legoland, which is some 10minutes drive away. Clean hotel and good counter service but don't expect too much given the very reasonable price. Much local food fare around and we went to one of the tze char restaurants at the side road, some 2 minutes walk along the road, but unfortunately had no name card and which served good Malaysian Chinese restaurant food fare at a good price.

Hotel provided wifi and worked well hence was able to type this. Parking right in front of hotel with ample parking spaces. A massage outlet just beside the hotel , easily recognizable by the twin terracotta statues at the doorway was equally superb and reasonably priced. Not much night life around and serve you well to get some beverages from nearby Tesco or aeon as there are no convenience shops on the vicinity. Overall, good stay for us and 2 kids

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Calvin,

Warmest Greetings from Princeton Hotel! Thank you for your stay with us and spending your precious time to write us your comments and reviews. We will continue to do our best to provide excellent services to all guests. Your satisfaction is our priority and goal. We hope to serving you again in near future, Thank you once again and have a nice day.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Was expecting a room somehow like a cheap motel, but but but! WOW!!!! Room is clean comfy bed with nice pillows to sleep on. No complains at all. Will definitely be my choice again the next time I'm back. Superb service by staff always with nice smiling face whenever they see anyone. Thank you staff and management of Princeton hotel. Cheers. :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
princetonhotel, Manager at Princeton Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Donny,
Warmest Greetings from Princeton Hotel. Thank you very much for staying with us & choose Princeton as your preferred hotel. This is our pleasure to serving you and your satisfaction will be a motivation to the Management & staff to provide excellent service to all the guest.
Thank you for sharing with us and have a nice day.
Happy Chinese New Year to you & your family.
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I booked a family room for our short break to LEGOLAND for our daughter's birthday treat on the 18 Jan 13.The staff at the reception counter are very friendly and attentive, they let us check in early when we arrive at 1030. We left our luggage in the room and the staff even help us to get a taxi to LEGOLAND. I was very impressed when they also remember our request for an electric kettle to make milk for my toddler.

The room was very clean, it had everything we need, it was quiet and we all had a good rest after a fun day at LEGOLAND. Food was no issue as there are a number of café and restaurants just around Princeton. We also did our shopping and had dinner at Aeon , just across the road from Princeton.

Princeton Hotel is a great place to stay especially if visiting LEGOLAND which is just 10 minutes drive and if you love shopping, Aeon Jusco, Tesco and Giant are all within walking distances from Princeton.

The staff at Princeton is very prompt when we request for extra pillows and they came to the room within a few minutes. Overall, we have a great stay at Princeton and will definitely make it our first choice of stay if we were to visit LEGOLAND again. (which we are planning for our boy's birthday in March).

Both my husband and myself are very impressed with the wonderful service provided by the staff, both checking in and out was fast and they go the extra miles when we couldn't get a taxi back to the Malaysia immigration through calling, one of their staff stood in the rain to stop passing taxi.

Regards,
Sally

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sally,

Thank you very much for staying with us & choose Princeton as your preferred hotel. This is our pleasure to serving you and your family. Your satisfaction will be a motivation to the Hotel & staff to provide excellent service to the guest.
Once again, thank you to be our honor guest and hope to see you soon.
Warmest Greetings from Princeton Hotel & wish you have a nice day.
Happy Chinese New Year!
KL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

For just RM168 + 10, I have a huge room with window (can fit a family with 2 children), 1 FOC Legoland ticket (value RM140) and all the conveniences. What more can I ask for?? Love this new boutique hotel!!! The largest Aeon (Jusco) in Johor is just across the road, Tesco, Giant and Carrefour, all a stone throw away. There are also plenty of shops and restaurants everywhere in the near vicinity - shop and eat till you drop dead ha ha. We stayed for 2 nights (so 2 FOC Lego tickets) and hop over to Singapore for a day trip with the Causeway bus which is just behind the hotel. Super convenient right?? Save petrol, save time, save $$ and also save the earth:)

Room Tip: pick the window room. more spacious, with natural light (sunlight)
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
princetonhotel, Manager at Princeton Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Ting2KL,

We are glad to hear that you are happy with the LUCKY DRAW GRAND PRIZE that you had won on the opening day, which is room staying includes free LEGOLAND ticket for two. We enjoy serving you during your stay with us. We actually do have the packages for LEGOLAND but its still haven't publish yet. But no worries once the package is ready we will publish to public for reservations. Any hesitation please directly contact us for more further details. Contact: 07-2326313 /email: princetonhotel@yahoo.com.my

Warm Regards,
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 3D2N. This is not a rated hotel but rather a motel or an inn. I was given a Standard King without window. The staff is friendly n polite. The hotel is clean. The location is good for those who wish to travel in n out of Singapore for day trips. It's near to Legoland, PHTP N JPO in Johor. Initially, I wanted to stay in Kulai but I switched to Bukit Indah which is so much nearer. It will be more convenient if u have a car. AEON shopping complex is just opposite the hotel. Giant n Tesco shopping complexes are within the vicinity. Plenty of eateries nearby n also in the complex. Personally, I find the room is pretty cramp n small for 2 adults n a toddler. If you are sensitive of noise, you may not want to stay here. You can hear people talking outside your room. But then, it's expected for a budget hotel. I was told to pay cash upfront for my stay with additional RM50 as deposit since they don't have credit card service.

Room Tip: To avoid noise, request for rooms away from elevator n water dispenser.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Anny,

Thank you very much for spending your time to share with us your opinion and suggestion towards our hotel. We will take note of your comments. Hope to serve you better in future.
Thanks & have a nice day ahead.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I stayed in Princeton Hotel for 4D3N. All I would say is I'm very satisfied and it was a pleasant stay.
Strategic location, walking distance to malls, food, restaurants, all are just few steps away. Few minutes away to Legoland, Singapore second link. You can actually walk to catch a bus to Singapore and it stops you at Jurong MRT. very convenient. Oh ya, I was unwell and how lucky, the pharmacy is just next door to get all I needed.
Also I was pretty surprise with what I got from the money I paid, friendly staff, clean, room is quite spacious, free wifi, even toiletries are provided! If you travel enough you will know even some pretty established hotels do not provide tooth brush and tooth paste but Princeton (consider as budget hotel) has all these provided. Definitely good value for money!

Room Tip: The room I got is without window, they do asked before they arrange the room. I wasn't mind at a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear CTFeng,

Thanks & have a nice day ahead.

Princeton Hotel

Been to Princeton Hotel? Share your experiences!